Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review, though lvl 6 :P

T3MainFrameT3MainFrame Member UncommonPosts: 7

So far so good, the char cration for the mechs was kinda odd, only get like 4-5 different setups.

Fighting style is nice.

Char Detail is high.

Skills are not to bad. kinda like the lvl up the skill style.

The envitroment needs work, like not being able to fall off the edge of a wall, or fall of the side of a ramp. There might be a jump button but I havnt found it.

Found some mobs a little past the noob area and got 1 hit killed alot. not so bad.  I'll post another update when I get more lvls and feel out the game more. So far I would give it a 8/10. This review is just a First hand look at the game so far. lvl 1-6 :) btw war so far out dmg's the Ranger :P by alot.

Comments

• burninatorburninator Member Posts: 4
    i'd say you got the game down pretty well... there's still a lot to learn, though, especially since you're still so low level. but i'm sure you already know that. still, i gotta warn you, the game involves a lot of grinding so be prepared. so don't go venturing off too far too soon, or you'll get one-shotted a lot like you mentioned. oh, and get used to being one-shotted... there are plenty of griefers from othe races running around and terrorizing the noob neighborhood. but yes, i must agree with the detail of the game. i'd say the game is very pretty. good good.

oh, and there is a jump button... but you have to be in a certain mode for it... keyboard mode? v button? i think... maybe...

• T3MainFrameT3MainFrame Member UncommonPosts: 7
    lol cool, cant believe they let other factions in the noob zones. Another thing that bothers me is the questing thing. they dont tell you where to look for what you are to kill. like we are underattack Kill XX of XXXXX. and thats it. Kinda dry in the questing area.
  • burninatorburninator Member Posts: 4
    yes... unfortunately, the questing system in RFO is lacking... a lot...

but yeah, you can check your quest logs (press j?) and it'll usually tell you where you have to go to find the mob... then you can check your map (press m) and look for the area... or you could ask around.

or you can check the forums at rf-gameonline.com... i believe there's a post in there about where all the mobs were. yup.

• SceneGGSceneGG Member UncommonPosts: 97

The quests are really only there to help progress in the early stages of leveling, it gets a bit more interesting after lvl 25 when all the quests are based in pvp zones, so not only do you have to kill x amount of mobs or find x amount of items from a certan mob, but you also have to keep an eye on the radar for raiding factions / gank squads.

True, theyre not that imaginative, or exiting, but its something to do to break up the grind.

After level 40 all the quests are to hunt pitbosses, so grouping will be essential

• sabutai22sabutai22 Member Posts: 262

Good luck with the grind. Let me know when if you even make it to 40, then tell me what you think when you find your self killing over 10,000 mobs over and over again just to get a level.

• SceneGGSceneGG Member UncommonPosts: 97
    I'm lvl 41, and with a decent AoE party u can level up from 40-41 in about 20 hrs (without deaths)
  • GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Originally posted by sabutai22

Good luck with the grind. Let me know when if you even make it to 40, then tell me what you think when you find your self killing over 10,000 mobs over and over again just to get a level.

tell me when you found an mmo that doesn't require mob killing just to get a level.
  • bracketsockbracketsock Member Posts: 4
    Grinding? Are you serious? Dammit! I'm serious... they've gotta find a new better way of leveling up rather than grinding. Something more interactive and NOT MONOTONOUS! Pah, I might not be smart enough to think of a system, but someone out there is. Hurry up and BE REVOLUTIONARY! 

• grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

Originally posted by T3MainFrame

So far so good, the char cration for the mechs was kinda odd, only get like 4-5 different setups.
    You get that a lot - There are very few choices to be made.

Fighting style is nice.
    Char Detail is high.
    Skills are not to bad. kinda like the lvl up the skill style.
    The envitroment needs work, like not being able to fall off the edge of a wall, or fall of the side of a ramp. There might be a jump button but I havnt found it.
    That will drive you wild hehe.

Found some mobs a little past the noob area and got 1 hit killed alot.

There is a PB next to the n00b area. You really need to be 35+ to have a chance of tanking him. Go to north outpost.

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL