Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

those are supposed to be names????

docminusdocminus Member Posts: 717

well, I am sort of considering after a short time of playing L2 to go to these private servers, no matter how disputable they might seem.
i mean, come on,
names like

werfgfdsstt ????

or 10 dwarves, called like
jjjklrpi, jjjopsd, jjjuirl, etc

that's worth than the story of snowwhite!

kinda sad - on the other hand, with the crazy xp/money(adena) system in L2 it's not surprising that people start to cheat. makes you wonder, how many true lv70+ without cheating exist (some, i am sure, but in what ratio compared to cheaters). but then why do i pay, if bots and farmers are allowed?

while i am on the subject of ranting - why do some peeps grind monsters, and not bother to pick up the adena? or are those bots as well? not that i don't mind, i picked up some good cash, but makes me feel like a ninja looter...
EDIT: well, upon reading some threads here (after posting, typical...) I got some of my answers. Guess I am still quite the L2 n00b. sigh.

imageimage

Comments

• jhall229jhall229 Member Posts: 239

To answer you question why people grind mobs and dont pick up the adena.  Some people think its faster to level that way.   You probably noticed this in a very low level area where money isnt that great.  I personally think it takes maybe .5 sec more to pick up adena so i always pick it up.  I also think it makes people feel special when they think they have enough money not to worry about the little amounts that are dropped.  The problem is it takes up bandwith of the server and causes lag when people do this.  bots usually pick up adena, but you can tell they are bots because they all auto follow.

Most high level leaders of my server are former bots although there are some that have just been around since the very beginning.  But as of right now a certain clan is controlling high level raid bosses and its almost impossible to become hero anymore without cooperating with them.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Pretty easy answer.Since adena is very hard to come by and much needed,you can pretty much assume that player is buying adena outside of the game or getting it through some other means.

I can also see why so many choose to play on private servers.>>>Only 3 reasons>>>they can't afford to pay for the real servers or 2 they want to[or think they can] escape all the cheating from the real servers or 3 they want to cheat,because cheating is even easier on private servers.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SantaClaws48SantaClaws48 Member Posts: 280
    Um, no. Adena is easy to come by if you are smart. I have never bought adena and I have more than a billion worth of it on my account (items and in game money). I can make 350 mil in a week. Other people can make this kind of money, too. All you need is the right set of circumsatnces, and there are a lot of them around to make lots of adena.

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Yeah, bots suck with their gibberish names. 

Personally it depends on my mood if I pick up the adena with my low level toon. Under level 20 its hit or miss with me. (depends how much stress Im under for cash lol)

I sort of agree with the statement that money is easy to come by in L2. It has 2 major modifiers though

1 - you put some serious TIME into making money

2 - you meet the right people

Once you get to know a good base of people and you put some time into shopping the market, its not that hard. Boring - yes. Hard no. None of my 4 characters wants for anything. I have 1 C grader, 2 D graders and a new guy. All of them are decked out with top gear. I still have enough cash on hand to not to to worried about anything.

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Originally posted by SantaClaws48
    Um, no. Adena is easy to come by if you are smart. I have never bought adena and I have more than a billion worth of it on my account (items and in game money). I can make 350 mil in a week. Other people can make this kind of money, too. All you need is the right set of circumsatnces, and there are a lot of them around to make lots of adena.

Please share your secret
  • TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Originally posted by darwa

Please share your secret

There is no "secret"

Make lots of friends, buy low sell high. its really that simple. The start up is a b*&ch but it pays off. The hardest part is how long it takes. You can literally sit on high value items for days before someone finally buys them.

The market system although player controlled and very "free" is soooo time consumming it can drive you to tears.

They could use a system like FFXI. A city specific auction house AND a personal "shop" if you want to set up and sit there. It seems to work out very well there.

• angeldevilangeldevil Member Posts: 18
    The money and lvl depends on how long u play and how much support u show.Just give care.Everythink will be better.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

What makes it even worse is that i am constantly reporting bots with there gibberish names and the GM's are too damn lazy to give a hoot about the game.They want so much proof its a dam joke.Any total noob that has played these games for over a year can spot these bots with ease.Since when should i have to provide so much proof through the petition,when it is so obvious?These GM's are pathetic and the worse i have seen in any game ever.Pretty sick when i hear so many complaints about SOE and yet there response to botting was leaps and bounds over these idiot/lazy GM's.

There is a reason there using 16 digit gibberish names....thats because they are banking on the fact you might mispell there name in the petition.How much effort is it for a GM to spot 5 dwarf's with gibberish names all bouncing back n forth from farming back to trader vollodos.Every single one of these bots hits the left side of the counter then starts to run into the counter until they slide to the middle where they begin to sell to the NPC vollodos.GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR any noob can spot it.

I can't stand it,every darn game is fulla cheats ruining the game and the effort to stop them is pathetic.Ill quit ,then cool off for a month or two then come back and try again,only to get pissed off again.IMO it's best to play a game from its inception for maybe 3 months then quit and move on.The cheats move in and ruin the whole makeup of the game and the way it was intended to be played.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SantaClaws48SantaClaws48 Member Posts: 280

Originally posted by Torak

Originally posted by darwa

Please share your secret

There is no "secret"

Make lots of friends, buy low sell high. its really that simple. The start up is a b*&ch but it pays off. The hardest part is how long it takes. You can literally sit on high value items for days before someone finally buys them.

The market system although player controlled and very "free" is soooo time consumming it can drive you to tears.

They could use a system like FFXI. A city specific auction house AND a personal "shop" if you want to set up and sit there. It seems to work out very well there.

If I told you how I did it...

1.) chances are you couldn't pull it off because my guild has a hard time doing it and our average level is 76-77.

2.) I wouldn't be making that much money if everyone knew how to do it