Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kinda wished id stayed with this game

k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048
Well I played this game a long time ago during the open beta when the servers were packed and you would jump up and down when you were actually able to get on the game. I was wondering how hard it is to start out in this game because when i played everyone was low lvl so there wasnt high lvl people ganking me cause i was about the same lvl as everyone until i quit. I saw a few of the endgame videos of a seige battle and OMG that was some of the sickest PvP action ive ever seen better then DAoC way better then SWG and lets just ffxi is not at all for pvp. Well anyways looks like a good bunch of fun and the guy in the video was a drk elf dark magician like was back in the day and he was owning so maybe ill give that a try if it isnt to hard to get started back up and have to worry about being killed all the time.

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,012
    Well, that seems to be the way of most online games. They really take a commitment from the start. And of course they change over the course of the life of the game.

In any case, I don't see why you can't start now. The starter areas are a bit light of players so you should be able to lvl in peace. After you finish your 1st class transfer at lvl 20 you should go to Dion. That is where you will find more like levelled players.

Also, keep in mind that there are some benefits to "first" characters. These characters are the first of your charactesr that you get to lvl 6.

You get special buffs, the ability to upgrade weapons, and some free shots.

I started about 6 weeks into launch and have a lvl 74 Spellhowler. I have to say that I picked a great class. Does well in PvP, very well in PvE and is a lot of fun (for me) to play.

However, I believe that all the classes have something to offer. Good Luck.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SorrowhoSorrowho Member Posts: 581
    at lvl 20 Either go to Dion or Gludin Village, since your starting out late you wont meet many players in the first few lvls before lvl 20, but the game dosen´t really start before you hit lvl 40!

occasional, you might bump into a high lvl Pker, but happens rarly and not really before lvl 20 if you stick on the starter isels witch has random gaurds spawing every where your pretty safe to lvl 20!
    20 + to 30, well you might bump into one there but at 30 to 40 inside Heretics Catacomb is pretty safe
    (espaccily at 2 week in Seven Signs more info here http://www.lineage2.com/Knowledge/sevensigns_1.html), but a group is needed...
    Execrution Grounds can be lvled from 25 to 40, but is the spot Pker visit the most, aldo it dosen´t happen a lot ;)

• angeldevilangeldevil Member Posts: 18

The best places for me to lvl up:

1-20 Own Villages

20-40 Execition Grounds

40-50 Cruma Tower

50-60 Dragon Valley

60-70 Lair of Antharas and Giants cave

• SorrowhoSorrowho Member Posts: 581

Originally posted by angeldevil

1-20 Own Villages
    20-40 Execition Grounds
    40-50 Cruma Tower
    50-60 Dragon Valley

Might be the best spots for you but it Really depends on what class you play, in a Duo or your partying. www.l2wh.com you can check out what lvl the mobs are every where, and if they has any weakness to fire, blunt or archer attacks and such
  • TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Originally posted by angeldevil

1-20 Own Villages
    20-40 Execition Grounds
    40-50 Cruma Tower
    50-60 Dragon Valley

Pretty good spots but lord how can you stand to stay so long in them? There are so many spots in L2 to level in at all ranges.

20 - 30 abandon camp

25-35 Partisans Hidaway

30-35 or so, the Gardens (?) I think Im missing part of the title. The spot with the medusas. (very good D grade drops there, I picked up a bunch of good recipes there plus a full set of knowledge armor -minus the gloves, and 2 mid D grade weapons I sold for 1 mil each)

35-45 Enterance to dragon valley. (the area near the river)

30-40 outside of Cruma is good also

You can also fit the wastelands in there in the mid 20s thru early 30s

On and on........there are tons of good spots at all levels. Get out and explore 

I would go nuts grinding EG from 20 to 40. I dont remember but isn't it kind of tough for level 20? One spot to completely avoid solo is that f*cking ant hive.

• KonyoKonyo Member Posts: 17
    This is the route most people take, and they should, it's the easiest 
    I know I did, well I'm in the middle of doing atleast.

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Originally posted by Konyo
    This is the route most people take, and they should, it's the easiest 
    I know I did, well I'm in the middle of doing atleast.

It might be easy because you dont have to move but like I said, its gotta just suck staying in one spot for 20 levels. Easy = lazy and boring?

You don't have to, there are so many other places to go check out. I didn't even mention a few because I don't remember the names.

Levels 20 - 40 in EG???? yuk. Don't complain about the dull grind if follow this route. You are doing it to yourself.

Not mention, you should be doing the "seven signs" every now and again for the seals so you can get the free weapon upgrades.

On top of it, your level 40 class transfer starts at level 35 and that will usually run all over the map also. There are the Lizard guy camps in the upper 30's (36 or 37+) Then the weird mushroom land place, I forgot the name. on and on................

stay in one spot I guess if thats what you like