Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game populations

Povey151Povey151 Member Posts: 250
Asheron's call population = virtually non-existant or else I'd be
there....wow = trash, eve = boring, GW = single player game.
SO.....What are the server populations like? Does this still feel like
an MMORPG?

Comments

• neschrianeschria Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

The answer varies by server, to some extent. I'm not an expert, but my observations are that if you stay on the "experience track" (i.e. Tutorial til 10, then Kurn's Tower, then Paludal Caverns, etc.), there are usually people around to play with on most servers. Stromm seems to have a pretty strong population, even at low levels. There seem to be plenty of people to play with on Xegony as well. I've played on Bristlebane and Drinal and found decent populations there as well. Antonius Bayle seemed like it was pretty empty at lower levels, though. (My highest level there is only 49... I was sooo lonely.) Also, EQ has a hub zone (Plane of Knowledge) that people pass through and gather in, so you can always go there to find people, get buffs, and look for groups.

On June 28, they are bringing up a new server that should be PACKED. It's a special rules server, where they will be starting with the original game and adding expansions one-by-one-- it's a chance to start fresh from level one with everyone else from the beginning of the game, there's a lot of excitement in some parts of the EQ community around this server, and people always jump on the new server in the first few weeks to check it out, so it really should be full most of the time. The newbie zones will likely be annoyingly full for the first couple of weeks til people level up and move on and the tourists go back to their old servers. I am guessing that it will, like Stromm, stay a pretty high population server, though, even after the initial surge. And eventually it will catch up as expansions are unlocked and provide every bit of content that is in the current game (which is HUGE).

This is where I draw the line: __________________.

• stcolympiastcolympia Member Posts: 11

I've been having a craving to come back to EQ1 for a little while now, just not sure if I should.  Went from EQ to SWG to EQ2 to WOW then back to EQ2.  Something about EQ2 doesn;t sit right with me as compared to EQ1.  My question is:  If I were to come back, would I be in a barren empty world?  Also, does EVERYONE hang out in the most recent expansion (can't remember the name)?  My last hurrah with EQ was when the expansion came out where the groups received missions and you would get a reward at the end of the mission (can't remember the name of that either).   Anyway, it was a great game and I hope people are still there to group up with and get some xp and have some fun.  Thank you.