Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neocron Vs. Anarchy Online

2»

Comments

• John_HoolJohn_Hool Member Posts: 3

Well I played Neocron for almost 1 Year and left it very disappointed. The ballancing is quite bad. Every Patch one class gets nerfed and an other boostet. The next patch they change it the other way. The main problem is the PPU Monk. He can heal, shield up, or damage boost hisself and other player. If such a monk enters the battle everything gets total different. They become the main part in a fight.

Nearly every good PVP Char has the same skilling and imp configuration because the skill system doesn´t offer so much possibilitys.

Economic doesn´t work here. As a spy you can make much money in a couple of ours. On the other hand there is nothing really usefull which you can bought in the shops, mostly armor and amounition. So the other good equipment you get from loot and you have to trade it with other players. It´s only possible to get real good weapons in a weapon vs. other rare stuff trade. Noone sells them for money because money is in NC almost worth nothing.

In the most areas of the city it´s not possible to shoot on other players. If you get in the districts where you can do pvp you will be shot soon. Neocron is full of grief players which don´t care what level you have. They shoot without a reason or a warning. Roleplay is for 90% of the community a unknown word. They use Neocron as a MMO Counter Strike.

But what is left to do after capping the chars? Really nothing. As a Spy you can built weapons or imps. The game doesn´t consist PVP the whole game is pvp. IF you delete the pvp part nearly nothing would be left.

Well Neocron has much good ideas but the weren´t able to make them real. I don´t think much will change after DOY has gone gold.

Currently i do playing AO. Thats at the moment quite much fun. Very complex skill tree and nice pvm. Well but i´m a bit scared what i can do after i capped my char. There seems not to be much left then hunting the real big boos mobs. I think AO will then become very boring, well we will see. Currently i hope FOMK will bring a good mix of PVP and Role Play.

• WargoleMWargoleM Member Posts: 47

neocron anyday any time AO is shockingly boring pvp in neocron is better so are physics. sorry the way that u run in AO used to REALLLY bug me AO in all was not a good game and not worth time where are neocron or neocrack as its sometimes called is highly addictive just the support and dev team are absolutly rubbish

This room... This bullet... There's a bullet for everyone... A time, and a place... An end to a cause, an alpha to an omega. So it has come to this, You know too much about me, I can't have that, Not even in my death.

Save a Tree.... Eat a Beaver

• John_HoolJohn_Hool Member Posts: 3

Well I´m currently thinking about getting back to NC. The PVP aspect in NC is quite good. Most problems does it have with ballincing. The other part is the GMs and Devs are not very good.

but the game itself is quite fun if you want more PVP than anything else. For Roleplayer AO is the better choice.

• ThoemseThoemse Member UncommonPosts: 457

Both games are nice. I played AO for like a year and Neocron for a year. Neocron is more PvP oriented fast paced action.
    I see me playing Neocron again as soon Dome of York is here.

• 51505150 Member UncommonPosts: 222

I left AO of Neocron because I was sick of the spawn camping and mission treadmill

Unfortunately it was the PK mentality of the majority of the playerbase that drove me away from Neocron (I have nothing against PvP but for most of these guys you might as well have been playing Deathmatch Quake with levels)

• OnnidrahOnnidrah Member Posts: 56

Neocron is a good game but AO makes nice add like shadowlands and that Alien Invasion comming in,

il like them both but i prefer AO Neocron is to easy

Onnidrah- Horizons
    Onnidrah- Neocron
    Onnidrah- Shatterd Galaxy
    Onnidrah- SWG (trail)
    Onnidrah- Runescape
    Onnireg- Earth & Beyond
    Regnerus2- Anarchy Online
    Onnidrah- Anarchy Online

Onnidrah- Horizons
    Onnidrah- Neocron
    Onnidrah- Shatterd Galaxy
    Onnidrah- Ryzom
    Onnidrah- SWG
    Onnidrah- Runescape
    Onnireg- Earth & Beyond
    Regnerus2- Anarchy Online
    Onnidrah- Anarchy Online

• DztructionUKDztructionUK Member Posts: 33
    neocron. i played AO for a while but i didnt really like the lvling treadmill or trade systems. i like nc more because i like the trade system it has and the pvp once lvl'd is veery fun

-=- NC > SWG :-D -=-

gank gank gank gank gank...

• conanownsconanowns Member Posts: 114
    Neocron sucks........freaking garage quality crap.

• cyphorcyphor Member UncommonPosts: 131

Imo i like them both but for different reasons, due to the massive differences you can't really compare them. They seem to get paired up alot because they are both sci-fi, however they have completely differernt systems for in-game mechanics (leveling, items, combat etc) swg and ao have more in common, eve is also sci-fi but you cant compare it with nc...

If you want a pvp game out of the two id go for nc, however if you want a rp game with depth to lvling and items etc id go with ao.

• ServeXServeX Member Posts: 27

that's like comparing apples and oranges.

sure, both games are MMOs, but neocron is an FPS game and ao is turn based.

not to mention an over abbudance of corrupt gms in the latter.

• crockcrock Member Posts: 556

AO is to simple grind camp dull pvp

and for carebears

neocron iis more PvP game

sure less contest if u love phat lewt and camping

• ezzaezza Member Posts: 88

Originally posted by crock

AO is to simple grind camp dull pvp
    and for carebears
    neocron iis more PvP game
    sure less contest if u love phat lewt and camping

lol ya but who really loves camping over then sick morons who aint got nothing better to do with there time other than camp a cave all day in hope of getting some l33t l00t.

always found AO boring, was just to sedate and slow, when fighting stuff never got exciting or interesting, point click wohoo great fun.

i guess if you like that kinda thing, then great, however i wont go back to that kind of thing unless the game is real good.

WoW is the closest ive got to leaving neocron, well see how that goes when it comes out.

but all these other games out or coming out dont offer much compotition for my money liek neo does so for the future KK retain the cash i pay on my 3 accounts

"Neocron sucks........freaking garage quality crap"

well err GG no RE to that

• zcasper420zcasper420 Member Posts: 5

Neocron is the best MMORPG available IMO.  I personally like FPS games the most, and to have an RPG style gameplay attached to it seems to suit my game desires the most.  I'm sure many disagree, however if you like a good FPS, you will likely enjoy Neocron.

AO I havent played since beta, so I'm sure my opinions of it are much different than what it's like now.  However, I'm tired of the standard select mob, hit buttons type of gameplay.  Lin2, DAoC, City of Tights, they all play the same in that sense.  Personally I'm tired of it, but play what u like :)