Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I Love This Game

gnomexxxgnomexxx Member Posts: 2,920
I just picked this game up with my roommate in the store the other day. 

Wow, it's fun.  We've been having a blast!

I can't believe how much content there is.  I mean, I guess I can for as long as it's been out, but it's still unbelievable!  And the people in game are so helpful and nice.  Sure, most of them are vets from way back but they don't seem to mind helping us out when we need a hand. 

The only complaint we have is the slow med times.  But I've heard they get better as we get more skills. 

I wish I would have played this from the beginning.

===============================

Comments

• tigris67tigris67 Member UncommonPosts: 1,762
    I'm glad new peeps are joining and enjoying the game still. I started in early 2000 and played untill late 2004. Absolutelly loved the game. Kudos my friend, and enjoy it!

Hi! My name is paper. Nerf scissors, rock is fine.
    MMORPG = Mostly Men Online Roleplaying Girls
    http://www.MichaelLuckhardt.com

• DerwoodDerwood Member Posts: 25

My recomendation, find a guild as soon as you can.  This will help with the downtime, even at low levels a good group can really speed up the leveling.   However, on that note, you don't have to powerlevel up to level 70 to have fun.  There are a lot of things to check out on the way to level 70.  I personally liked the lower levels.  There is just as much content in the newbie levels as the endgame, and it does not take a marathon session of play to enjoy it either.

The downside to EQ has definately got to be the way $ony tries to suck your wallet dry.  Raising subscription rates and charging for what should be included in a monthly subscription.

• zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558

Originally posted by gnomexxx
    I just picked this game up with my roommate in the store the other day. 

Wow, it's fun.  We've been having a blast!

I can't believe how much content there is.  I mean, I guess I can for as long as it's been out, but it's still unbelievable!  And the people in game are so helpful and nice.  Sure, most of them are vets from way back but they don't seem to mind helping us out when we need a hand. 

The only complaint we have is the slow med times.  But I've heard they get better as we get more skills. 

I wish I would have played this from the beginning.

My suggestion is to buy Clarity potions as soon as you can afford them.   They are sold in Plane of Knowledge and player-sold in the bazaar.  That helps with downtime.  Also when you reach level 46 you can find someone that'll give you a Kodiacs Endless Intellect buff that lasts up to 4 hours,  depending on the skill/equipment of the caster that is a super mana regen. 

Also,  sounds like you are having fun...just make sure you try to take your time and enjoy every minute of it.

• zeeeeeeezeeeeeee Member Posts: 8

i used to play this in mid 2003 and till 2004...and then i left to wow cause i got tired of not finding grp's

and now i got tired of wow and im thinking of coming back to eq1 and check out the progression server

• stcolympiastcolympia Member Posts: 11
    Could some one please explain the progression server?  Been away from EQ newsfor quite ssome time
  • zeeeeeeezeeeeeee Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by stcolympia
    Could some one please explain the progression server?  Been away from EQ newsfor quite ssome time

here it is:

http://www.mmorpg.com./discussion2.cfm/thread/73267