Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Classic Quotes

Comments

• indiramournindiramourn Member UncommonPosts: 884

The first post on this thread in the DnL forums is full of great quotes:

http://www.darkandlight.net/forums/showthread.php?t=64485

• HawkinsHawkins Member UncommonPosts: 121

From a fan,

Since it appears your tech support is currently overwhelmed allow me to offer my professional tech support services in solving this issue because i would really like to play this game.
    - To begin check and make sure the server is plugged in. thats the cord laying on floor next to the server labeled 'corde d'extention' it plugs into the wall.
    - Next you may wish to make sure your server is not on fire, thats the box connected to the cord labeled 'corde d'extention', most likely labeled 'Packard Bell 386' if there is smoke or flames emitting from the box this could cause conflicts.

And he' got answered by the mod,

Again if your tone in your mail to tech support is only half as snotty and disrespectful as it is in this thread (and let me remind you AD is responsible for basic tech support inside the game only, main tech support regarding issues like yours are done by dev team and np3) i am not surprised that your ticket might be not on the Top Ten of their to-do-list.

http://www.darkandlight.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1049996#post1049996

• KilimKilim Member Posts: 546
    Stumbled upon this one and got me thinking.

http://www.darkandlight.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1053801&postcount=79

ZtyX

vbmenu_register("postmenu_1053801", true);

Expert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tet

I've been reading for awhile. Took week+ to have the account actually initialize. They've been busy with other things.

Lier... You were banned and this is a new account.

And this guy responded with:
    http://www.darkandlight.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1054350&postcount=87

neueZiel

vbmenu_register("postmenu_1054350", true);

Apprentice

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZtyX

2 options:

1) you insult other people and assume things

2) you work for AD and have access to ip list of forum users

anyways, neither of those 2 options make you look good

• KilimKilim Member Posts: 546
    <edit>Hate the cut&paste bug in this site, here it is fixed.

Stumbled upon this one and got me thinking.

http://www.darkandlight.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1053801&postcount=79

ZtyX
    Expert

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tet
    I've been reading for awhile. Took week+ to have the account actually initialize. They've been busy with other things.

And this guy responded with:
    http://www.darkandlight.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1054350&postcount=87

neueZiel
    Apprentice

Quote:

2 options:

1) you insult other people and assume things
    2) you work for AD and have access to ip list of forum users

anyways, neither of those 2 options make you look good

• CholaynaCholayna Member Posts: 1,604

yeh? and? LOL

EDIT: Hey, aint that guy the one that posted here all the happy happy joy joy stuff about the game and the community and the devs? Im getting confused tho..they all sound the same..

• Steelarm011Steelarm011 Member Posts: 187

WOW

what

a

bunch

of

FOOLS!

-------------------------------------------

Steelarm, Doctor of MMO gaming, ethics, and ideas.

• ZorbaneZorbane Member UncommonPosts: 529

thanks to Mr NSwise for this

Originally Posted by NSwise

DnL is not a MMORPG, it's a MacGyver simulator.
  • NSberserkNSberserk Member Posts: 77

Originally posted by Zorbane

thanks to Mr NSwise for this
    Originally Posted by NSwise
    DnL is not a MMORPG, it's a MacGyver simulator.

Yw
  • DairodDairod Member Posts: 60

Best quote ever(in response to a forum user that stated on 1st of June that DnL was not released yet and Pioneers was in a pre-release before the official 5th June release for everyone with a different client and server)

"Sog is not DnL.Stress test is not DnL.Now DnL is not DnL....."

• LumsterLumster Member Posts: 230

"mmorpg.com is full of flamers and haters who hate every new mmorpg ever made... its not a good info sorce...."

"I bet they are the same flamers going around all the reviewing gaming sites...
    There seems to be a new breed of gamers who hate all every other game but the one they play... its sad"

• GalaxyGalaxy Member Posts: 120

Bi-Polar on the review:

The reviewer has been looking at the smallest things to nitpick about to make up a review that was obviously released too early. Do you see any other reviews? No because the other sites know wtf they are doing!!!

Oh the IRONY of this is too much..

• IndeedIndeed Member Posts: 62

I want to share with you some making fun in the german section of dnl forum with a small note for non-Europeans to get the joke. Sorry for clumsy phrasing.

When is a french mmorpg due to fail? When they forget to incorporate cooking as a craft.

note: german sausage eaters feel inferior to the french haute cuisine

There is so much rumor about selling darkandlight that it is already said: "If nothing helps, Franz has to do it."

note: football celebrity Franz Beckenbauer is meant of whom people think that he is a child of luck because everything he handels is getting fine, like pulling the world championship to germany with his influence.

What does a german pioneer say if he wants a refund? "If I get my money back you can keep Alsace-Lorraine."

note: Germany lost Alsace-Lorraine (Elsaß-Lothringen) with the World Wars. A pioneer is also a foot-soldier at the frontlines. Younger french and germans love to make jokes about Alsace-Lorraine though older people avoid the theme because getting it was a major reason for the Nazi attack on France.

• LOL Here's a good one in response to how long one poster has been registered at the dnl site:

"Just thinking it about it, you were here in 2002...wow, you must have seen this game set back what,2,3, 96 times?"

LOLOLOLOL

• indiramournindiramourn Member UncommonPosts: 884

And only in DnL could you get a thread on the official forms that begins with this initial post:

"There is a player named Farouche running around taking screenshots of players playing in their underwear. Shill, Fanboi, or pervert. Those that post here in the forums can tag him/her what you will but my problem is in the sickness of the MMO. I love to play these games, in fact I spend a substantial amount of time doing just that, so, when a player wants to have a serious dialogue with me in game about how I am exploiting by not wearing armor in order to level unjustly I have to wonder if this person realizes that this is just "a game" and that I will not create a tidle wave of injustice and godlessness by simply playing my character. Granted, this bug needs to be fixed or I imagine the balancing will continue to get better in game. But please, Farouche, and those of the same ilk, remain calm. I am not on a blood thirsty rampage to make it to level 100 so I can "pwn" the world. I am simply "playing", not role playing, just playing. If anyone sees FunnyCide, the smallest Lutin with a goatee in his unders, I want residuals. And I don't make movies."

http://www.darkandlight.net/forums/showthread.php?t=65172

And what the hatebois said about the character models sucking, all lies!

http://www.darkandlight.net/forums/showthread.php?t=65163

• naldricnaldric Member UncommonPosts: 909

from the jeuxvideo.com video review

"yeah too bad. It's empty, no mob, no nothing

Ah well, if you appreciate solitude, if you like being alone online, it's a good game"

and

"Yes, but the problem is that it is empty. Here I'm in a village, but from there, it's a trekking simulator.

So if you like trekking, buy this game."

those made me laugh for hours lol

• zakk_zakk_ Member Posts: 438

Originally posted by naldric
    Ah well, if you appreciate solitude, if you like being alone online, it's a good game

Hey at least they have a selling point now.."Soloers dream game!!11!"

• JabusJabus Member Posts: 30
    http://www.darkandlight.net/forums/showthread.php?t=65235

"I have just called the click and buy helpline for a refund because i am
    unable to log in after the last patch which is the laststraw for me.
    The very helpful lady on the other end of the phone assured me it
    wouldnt be a problem and said "i am not the first one to want a refund
    from farlan they are keeping me busy the last few weeks" lol"

haha.

)

• elitwebbelitwebb Member Posts: 342
    DnL makes my soul itch.
  • I want to go on record to give a prediction now that BLacksac is on this "honest" crusade. (supposedly actually buying the game now and giving us all his review) I didnt believe him when he said he hadnt played the DNL, that he was waiting. I dont believe him now when he said he did and came back with the same praises (might as well cut and paste blacksac). All through this me and my friends made predictions of his actions, so this time, I want it down in writing before he does it. (we predicted he would eventually say he was in game -- said he would wait about a week and say he bought it and give the same reviews he has been spouting all along)

Since he now is playing the game of "I am in the game and playing it and its the next best thing to orgasms" - I will predict he comes back with more glowing reviews and in some, quite lengthy and wordy. I also predict he will have a few of his own cronies back him up and we get yet another thread for him to bump. It will take him about a week or so but it will be here.  I predict his review will be full of things that have not yet been implemented but willl stay in the game simply due to what is to come. I believe he will praise everything about the game, including the forked up patches. He will give some lame one sentence acknowledgment of the things not working and bugged and carry on with his praises.

What I also predict is that he could not hold water against an actual in game player regarding the messed up crap and the bugs. I dont think he will be able to answer as a player. I dont think he will know the answers to questions that many of the live players now know. Thats the problem with shills or people who claim to be fanobis who are really devs or part of the team of AD -- they arent actively really playing the game as a regular player. They arent going through alll of the experiences with what the actual live player is. You can pull alot from just reading the boards and the bug report. Get in the trenches and come back and answer a current players questions as one player to another and I predict Blacksac will be left in the dust.

• GalaxyGalaxy Member Posts: 120

Originally posted by LilBoPeep

I want to go on record to give a prediction now that BLacksac is on this "honest" crusade. (supposedly actually buying the game now and giving us all his review) I didnt believe him when he said he hadnt played the DNL, that he was waiting. I dont believe him now when he said he did and came back with the same praises (might as well cut and paste blacksac). All through this me and my friends made predictions of his actions, so this time, I want it down in writing before he does it. (we predicted he would eventually say he was in game -- said he would wait about a week and say he bought it and give the same reviews he has been spouting all along)
    Since he now is playing the game of "I am in the game and playing it and its the next best thing to orgasms" - I will predict he comes back with more glowing reviews and in some, quite lengthy and wordy. I also predict he will have a few of his own cronies back him up and we get yet another thread for him to bump. It will take him about a week or so but it will be here.  I predict his review will be full of things that have not yet been implemented but willl stay in the game simply due to what is to come. I believe he will praise everything about the game, including the forked up patches. He will give some lame one sentence acknowledgment of the things not working and bugged and carry on with his praises.
    What I also predict is that he could not hold water against an actual in game player regarding the messed up crap and the bugs. I dont think he will be able to answer as a player. I dont think he will know the answers to questions that many of the live players now know. Thats the problem with shills or people who claim to be fanobis who are really devs or part of the team of AD -- they arent actively really playing the game as a regular player. They arent going through alll of the experiences with what the actual live player is. You can pull alot from just reading the boards and the bug report. Get in the trenches and come back and answer a current players questions as one player to another and I predict Blacksac will be left in the dust.

While true, this wasn't funny..  Find a funny quote then come back or no soup for you.

• Originally posted by Galaxy
    While true, this wasn't funny..  Find a funny quote then come back or no soup for you.

LOL ok ok got me , heres one ..

In response to the joke that was the 'event', many ppl were complaining about no info from the GM:

I saw instructions.

and in response to Ztyx's response- this gem:

Originally Posted by Chillx

you would!!!

• BadTBadT Member Posts: 84
    This Game will Suceed!

...At least that is my heartfelt wish! I need it to suceed because I have not received my refund yet.....

Please Farlan, don't declare bankruptcy until I get my cash

LOL
  • CholaynaCholayna Member Posts: 1,604

omg LOL Word is definitely out about this game LOL This quote is from another forum here on the mmorpg.com boards regarding a mmo company merger :

So please, don't start predicting "Dark and Light" style doom and gloom not even 24 hours after the announcement has been made.

Precious! LOL

• My forum accout and my game account are seperate.
    I didn't like the idea of having half my login displayed (Ie: Username)
    (yet look at his sig)

Tedium
    Half Elf Necro - Lvl 33
    [22:08] *Blizz was kicked by Z (([SoF]Kagda) stop spam)
    [22:08] <[DOM-FTW]Taichou> but you dont suck at #&*%@#!s
    [22:08] <[DOM-FTW]Taichou> i'll testify for that
    [22:08] <thedozz> wow, they were right...this channel is worthless...anything useful about hte game in here?
    [22:08] *Fluke has quit IRC (Quit)
    [22:08] *|MA-r|Corran-AFK has quit IRC (Quit)
    [22:08] *Z sets mode: +m

umm, is this his game account? LOL

• They have fixed many bugs within the last few weeks. And this is just the beginning. Some things were broken with the fixes. But, that happends

LOL guess who that was? LOL