Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Classic Quotes

Comments

• CholaynaCholayna Member Posts: 1,604
    heck just read some of the shills posts in this forum. Classic!
  • ZorbaneZorbane Member UncommonPosts: 529

Originally posted by qotsa
    Hey I found a quote on those boards that I like a lot. Sums everything all up to.

"Hello,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunatly, we cannot do anything about this.

Regards,

Richard - Support Team"

that made me piss my pants haha

the poor fella had a problem with his inheritance or something, he couldn't get it or somesuch

"Too bad you're on you're own"

• CholaynaCholayna Member Posts: 1,604

BWAHAHHAAHAHHAAA

ahhhhh...customer service at its finest!

• TamValonTamValon Member Posts: 37

Got a chuckle out of this one:

"I started off with my favorite... A Mage... He dropped dead just looking at a lvl 1 mob!"

• AlouisiousAlouisious Member Posts: 201

I would like to submit my fav for the day:

"oh yea 400,000 different mobs dodo of fire , dodo of life, dodo of death, dodo of blow, master dodo of life, master dodo of fire, master dodo of death, master dodo of blow, oh then add tamed in front of all those and you get another 40 mobs same with everything else in the game as i'm sure you'll see when you explore the dragon fly things in the dark elf starter village they are all over the world, just named different things"

Righto

WOOT! Just saw this one! WTFG!!!

In a reply to the most awful post by a Developer (Vuuar) the mmo world has ever seen:

"Now that the game is finally released I'd just like to speak on behalf of all the testers you ignored and hung out to dry before letting us take the blame for your poor planning and coding skills, The pioneers and pre-orders you happily charged with promises of content and last but not least the current group of forum guys/gals who are still playing and hoping things will get better.

WTG Vuuar...now you're reaping what you sowed."

SALUTE!
  • naldricnaldric Member UncommonPosts: 909

(someone ranting about a lot of bugs ingame got this answer)

"Those are not bugs, they are features"

"another good point bout this game.... people have to organize themselves and be cooperative to face the threats even in noob area .... "

In answer to newbie birth spawn area being overrun by mega mobs . Yeha, I can see grouping and organizing as soon as you log in at birthplace within the 5 seconds it takes for the mob of 20-30 ganking you! WOOT!

Originally posted by naldric

(someone ranting about a lot of bugs ingame got this answer)
    "Those are not bugs, they are features"

LOLOL
  • ArremusArremus Member Posts: 656

Haha found my new favourite fanboioptimist!

Sephoroth.

As found doing his darnedest here:
    http://www.darkandlight.net/forums/showthread.php?t=63644

primarily

Quote:

Originally Posted by thePREdiger

mate you forgot to add that we pay for it

I also paid for SWG when it first came out, and wow was it buggy as
    sh1t! That was of course before the game turned to sh1t. This game is
    great

Sorry.. I shouldn't laugh at someone else's expense.. but.. well.. I'm going to.
    Oh to be so blinded by fanboism again, as I once was.
    I am just waaaaay too cynical and skeptical of MMO producers to reach that level of fanboism anymore.

Edit: colour!

Oh, and look for the pearlers from our own Blacksac, aka Blackcactus1, on pages 2 and 3...
    "...
    If this game bombs, you wont see another game with the feature list of DnL in 10yrs, thats not idle speculation either."
    Which should actually read "... feature list that will be in DnL in 10yrs".
    The feature list on page 3 is impressive. If only.

Sorry Blacksac, but that kind of optimism, companies taking chances etc, only leads to 'productions' like this sorrid excuse, which in effect does more damage to our industry than playing it safe.

Does Ford advertise 20 features in the new model of their car that won't actually be there when you buy it but will be added in over a year or ten when you come back for compulsary services?

Bad business practice. Bad.

"(The) Iraqi people owe the American people a huge debt of gratitude." - George W Bush.
    Oh. My. God.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    Its amazing how the people with hopes the game will turn around.
    Its like hanging off a cliff holding onto a fishing line while the wire is cutting deeper and deeper into your hands. The more frantic you get trying to climb up the wire the more blood you lose and you start becoming delusional. You think maybe you can climb up and save yourself but deep down inside you know you are going to fall to your death, you're just denying it.

"...
    If this game bombs, you wont see another game with the feature list of DnL in 10yrs, thats not idle speculation either."

Thats should say, ""... This game is already bombing, you will never see another game with the feature list of DnL in 10yrs, thats not idle speculation either."

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• qotsaqotsa Member UncommonPosts: 835
    What exactly does DnL offer that no other game does? Other than a big barren landmass, what else is there? What does this game have that will make me buy it over say EQ, or WOW or any game? Are any of these truely unique features in the game now? Or are they just on a list? I just ask because no game has offered true unique features for years. It's all been done and damnit, I want to know what is supposed to make this game so damn special.

• ValharanValharan Member Posts: 190

DnL has nothing to offer. Thats the point

Here is another good one

On Jun 8, 2006 Jabus wrote:
    Think of your wordpad. You open it up and maximize it you have a giant empty place. Now continue to stare at it for the next 3 hours. You just played Dark and Light.

And this from givdal in response to the new patch that just came out and added some choice bugs

"Before working on what is working, why don't you look at the bugs ?"

• ValharanValharan Member Posts: 190

grumble double post grumble

• tetsultetsul Member Posts: 1,020

Not really a quote, but I think it's funny.

From a poster called The Archangel, who's sig has peace, respect, kindness, benevolence, good...

*** edited for language

• qotsaqotsa Member UncommonPosts: 835

This one made me laugh to.

"I like the game just fine. It has issues, but people are really overeacting.

I think WoW has made MMO players dummer.

Really, i do."

By the way if you're going to call people dumb, at least spell that word right.

Its amazing. People ask if certain things are going to be fixed and people respond with system tweaks.

It reminds me of those Soviet Russia quotes.

In Soviet Russia Dnl plays you!

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

Hosuke has gone insane, he bought 2 accounts!!!!!!

Shoot I would buy 6 accounts if someone gave me some Goth right after I was "lodged" into the game for 5 minutes. I'll be right back, I'm going to buy a "pimp" system.

"yep, I have two accounts now, though one systems has the fps issue, but I don't care /evil look/

to the people the are thinking about buying this game, the game has
    issues, but no where close to what people are saying. people whine and
    bitch about this game and don't give it a chance, they lie and stretch
    the truth, trying to put off anyone thinking of buying the game with
    fraud and bullshit.

yes the game has issues, frame rate being the most annoying for me
    (since my system is pimp), all new morgs have issues none are bug free,
    this game take awhile to get into and learn to play right, but when you
    do its fun, parts of the game you will hate(buggy quests being one)
    other parts you will love(diving off a cliff, then using a glider).

I say give it a chance, play a freedom account, it only cost 53 dollar
    / 29 pound (that's as much as you would pay for a normal game)

also, the pioneers and other advance account player are great, they
    will help you right off the bat, I was lodged in for 5 mins when this
    nice guy gave me 3k Goths.

good luck all!

• zakk_zakk_ Member Posts: 438

Originally posted by tetsul

From a poster called The Archangel, who's sig has peace, respect, kindness, benevolence, good...
    *** edited for language

rofl

• Originally posted by zakk_

Originally posted by tetsul

*** edited for language

rofl

missed this one earlier myself....LOL it is pretty funny LOL
  • naldricnaldric Member UncommonPosts: 909

and what about the biggest lying quote ever... "A wonderful gaming exprience." LOL

• LOL

Wellll, it wasnt a TOTAL lie.....he just didnt give you the TOTAL TRUTH about it is all.

• tetsultetsul Member Posts: 1,020

A good lesson for all upcoming devs.

Hey smart guys with our money in your pockets. LISTEN UP! Try actually playing a MMO before releasing one.

• GalaxyGalaxy Member Posts: 120

In response to a customer service poll (in which 64% rate the service 3 or lower on a 10 scale) we get this gem:

You are all starting stupid polls that makes no sense.. The problem is not support. The problem is you

• Here is a good one too (from user methode) :

ps, im not supprise if the DNL staff can't tell me somthing about the problem or answer my qustion,s . so only one thing left to do pray!

lol..