Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AoC Vs WoW

2»

Comments

• spungerspunger Member Posts: 42

Originally posted by Binny45
    Ok, maybe "revolution" was a bit of over exaggeration.

But it was definately a step in the right direction.

It deserves it's kudos where kudos is due, but it also deserves it's place in MMO history, namely the past.

It definitely did not step in the right direction. Maybe in the eyes of a hardcore carebear. The only thing worthy of end game content is pvp, and WoW managed to make pvp feel more like pve. The fact that you cannot even communicate to the person you just killed makes pvp meaningless. Everyone is in instances, which eliminates most chances for world pvp. This game was heading in the right direction, and made a violent U-turn. Age of Conan is bringing the pvp content of shadowbane with a whole new type of combat. That is a step in the right direction. The only reason why WoW is so successful is because the fact that a lot of people who never even knew about MMOs found out about em. Most of the people who still play WoW only play it out of the sheer fact that all the other games in the genre are either outdated, or just plain boring. Age of Conan will different. It brings a lot of new features nobody else has even thought of before this. People should really research the game before they start badmouthing a game and giving it a bad hype even though they didn't look at all the features that are being implemented. WoW will most likely keep a large player base, which is fine by me because all the people playing WoW are ignorant, racist, immature little kids trying to talk about politics which they have no clue about, and quoting random facts about Chuck Norris...
  • Binny45Binny45 Member UncommonPosts: 522
    I'm sorry spunger, my bad.

You're right and 6.5 million subscribers are wrong?

I don't believe that WoW is the end all, be all, however they did a LOT for MMO's.  Any game that can introduce the genre to so many under the one game can't be all bad.

I'll admit I'm bored to death with it.  And yes I don't agree with how the game has stagnated, but it did do a lot of things right.  Whether you agree with this or not is irrelevent, the proof is really quite evident.

I do agree however that Age of Conan will offer something new and different.  I personally believe it's going to be the sleeper hit of the year.

• grinreapergrinreaper Member Posts: 507

Let me correct Binny here:

Find '6.5 million subscribers'

replace with '6.5 million gold farmers, asian bots, and b-net kiddies'

there, much more accurate

WoW isnt even better than EQ2, never mind the next gen of MMOG's

• spungerspunger Member Posts: 42
    Hey, those numbers are great. That means 6.5 million users I hope never even know about Age of Conan. I would definitely not mind not hearing 18 year olds trying to talk politics when they are still living with mommy and daddy. I'm not saying I'm right and they are wrong. I am simply stating my opinion, and that is WoW had potential, but they blew it. Numbers don't mean anything. All that it says is that they were able to make a game that catered to a large audience. Those aren't they type of games I enjoy, and I am very sick of the developers all hopping on the bandwagon stealing ideas from each other and making clones of other games. It's time for something original. Its time for Age of Conan.
  • ColdmaliceColdmalice Member Posts: 4
    There was EverQuest, grand and beautiful. Played by good, mature players...well not all but the majority form what i remember. Then there was WoW..the dark ages of mmorg, sure it brought more people into the mmo light..but do we really want them? in my personal opinion 98% of the human population are idoits! it will keep a huge fan base, thats fine..I personally hate Wow because it sucks, graphics look like they fell from the ugly tree and hit every damn branch on its way down. I hated the game play, it was all about grinding, armor and raids oh and i guess pvp. I played WoW for a month and then laughed at my time wasted and bought Diablo 2 and played that untel EQ2 came out. now most people didn't play EQ2 cuz they thought WoW was better..pfft. EQ2 had...HAD the most interesting and nifty craft engine i have ever seen, the graphics where far beyond WoW the game play was great, the way they had character classes was awsome i loved it. and the players where mature, usually calm...not many punks of any age played it because it wasn't as cartoony are WoW, it didn't have the awsome items you have to raid for..or as many and it didn't have pvp..I didn't mind the lack of pvp and quest for every 10 levels so you can get new armor was awsome.

Now there is AoC, it wont grab to many WoW players i beleive cuz it wont be as cartoony or easy to play. It is going to be darker, grittier and vastly more mature. the graphics in AoC beginning days where better than WoW's, and WoW brought nothing new to the table, it wasn't in the right direction..it just borugh more people in. EQ2 brought more to the table...AoC is bring even more. I am waiting for AoC and when it comes out i will have fun playing the single player mode and go out into the world and hack me up some people, get covered in blood and mud and growl and snarl and just have fun. AoC at its stage right now has so much its bringing to us to compare WoW to AoC is insulting AoC.

• chop_chopchop_chop Member Posts: 11
    as far as AoC being more mature it probally will be but that doesnt mean it will be an "adult" game. I can see this game being apealing to the younger generation b/c of the gore and violince. Ha ha giving this game more blood will make it an adult game? If nething making this game as chaotic as it sounds will just make the "kiddies" come to it faster. so if ur just gonna quit WoW b/c of the kids ur in for a rude awakening. For the reccord in every good mmorpg there will be the "noobish" players so suk it up... Oh and if u think this game is for experienced mmorpg players wtf lol that won't stop em...
  • bluehatbluehat Member Posts: 40
    AoC will have better game play because of the squad based combat and violence. You can cut heads and limbs off people. How cool is that?

• spherisspheris Member Posts: 5
    There is two different concepts of a MMORPG game.

Personally I give the point to AoC.

Knowledge is the weapon

• elitwebbelitwebb Member Posts: 342
    I think that trying to compair AoC and WoW is like compairing apples to dildos.
  • CaniguaCanigua Member Posts: 233

Originally posted by elitwebb

QFT!!rofl
  • AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

Originally posted by elitwebb

More like comparing John R.R. Tolkien's works to J. Rowling's

D&D to Candyland

Ninjas to pirates

sports car to a BMX bike

All have their similarities and differences, in some cases the choice might be obvious. But it all depends on what your looking for

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• boognish75boognish75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,540
    on one computer i have apples on the other one dildos.

playing eq2 and two worlds