Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you seen what there doing lately?

uoplayer123uoplayer123 Member Posts: 225

Has anyone considers coming back or trying it out again? Or are you still playing?

I have been playing UO for almost 6 years now , I have had a great time , Lately the dev team ( the best group they have had in years) has been really digging into the trenches trying to fix and make UO alot better.

There new PVP changes are great  , there new events and story lines are great also , check out uo.com for more info.

Comments

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449
    i think they just lost my business.  on may 27th, i reactivated an old account.  $12.99 or whatever comes out my checking.  so then i upgrade to the latest edition (another $30, bought it off their site).  so um, 12.99 for a month, and then another 30 days with the upgrade and my account will be billed again on june 27th?

yeah, if they're that hurting from money, they can hold their breath before i give them another shot again.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• AnagethAnageth Member Posts: 2,217
    I would play a pre-AOS...or hell, a pre-Samurai Empire shard. I just want frickin factions back..

No longer visiting MMORPG.com.

• EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949

For me any changes mean nothing as long as they still have that horrible game engine and graphics. Changes to the engine is the ONLY thing that will ever make me play UO again.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    You gotta love it. Take a look at the uo.stratics.com Hall and Speils N Rants.
    All these years after they split the game world in 2 to make everyone happy people are still raising massive hell and demanding the developers change the game to fit their personal playstyle.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• uoplayer123uoplayer123 Member Posts: 225

Yea a Classic Shard is sooo wanted in UO right now, The past dev teams havetold us great things are coming , to only dissapoint in the end for alot of players , But the current dev team really seems to want UO to become better , and fix alot of the last few years of garbage , they claim to have big things coming soon , guess we'll have to see  , but money moneys on them doin something big.

As far as a Classic shard I found this petition  , not sure if its still active , but has over 400 signatures.

http://www.petitiononline.com/bbuo/petition.html

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Originally posted by uoplayer123

Yea a Classic Shard is sooo wanted in UO right now, The past dev teams havetold us great things are coming , to only dissapoint in the end for alot of players , But the current dev team really seems to want UO to become better , and fix alot of the last few years of garbage , they claim to have big things coming soon , guess we'll have to see  , but money moneys on them doin something big.

As far as a Classic shard I found this petition  , not sure if its still active , but has over 400 signatures.

http://www.petitiononline.com/bbuo/petition.html

My money is on them totally screwing the pooch again.

This is EA we're talking about.

What would it take for me to come back?
    Spin UO and a few other game titles they have off into a separate company... maybe name it "Origin Systems, Inc" and give that company full rights to the titles to work on.

Some titles to give them:
    1) Multiplayer Battletech 3025
    2) Wing Commander
    3) Wing Commander - Privateer
    4) Ultima
    5) Ultima Online

That'd be a great start :)  Once that is done I'd consider coming back to UO :)

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Originally posted by uoplayer123

Would you support this :
    http://uxo.stratics.com/content/faq/faq_introduction.php

UXO had NOTHING to do with UO.  It was a project started by EA and was just a damn EQ clone.  It had very few similarities to UO at all.  No, I would not.

People signing that petition need to do their research and realize that UXO was nothing like UO.  That's why it died the way it did... before it even got into alpha.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• uoplayer123uoplayer123 Member Posts: 225
    Now they might be adding punkbuster....This could be both good and bad , for the amount of cheats..
  • obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804
    I would like your medicamentation 

Proficencies are postponed until I guess next year.
    The INU story is more webbsaed than anything.

They announced that the we will get some new towncriers and fortune tellers if we pay extra for it.

Honestly if they had stopped developing anything just before AOS had come I would have been happier.
    Thieving is as nerfed as crafting.
    Playstyles eliminated with one expansion....

At least we know how the poor SWG players feel after AOS.

Yes, give UO a try, but still we make the game and the developers are most often just in the way.

• dinanm3atldinanm3atl Member Posts: 215
    splitting the game in TWO servers was the WORST thing ever!!!
    it sucks and back in 1997 it was AWESOME... i loved the game... playing 8-10 hours a day
    and i freaking had 7x GMs on 3 servers
    moved around and it was GREAT

Old Skool Ultima Online Junky
    Bring back the OLD UO so I can play again