Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Mature" rating will backfire.

Comments

• VixenHeartVixenHeart Member Posts: 458

Originally posted by jerryharvey5

Originally posted by VixenHeart
    Okay.  Were you married and divorced with two children by 22?  Don't be an assclown... I'm not talking about getting hit by cars, or going through a family divorce.
    What could of been so hard for you at 13?  Please... I and everyone else is waiting to hear this poor life story you had when you were just a tadpole.
    I'm just saying that I won't take orders from a 13 year old child...  I don't personally care how hard you think your life is, there's no way you have the experience in LIFE that a 25 or 30 year would.
    You couldn't even drive...  so why should anyone take order in a guild or in life from a child.  It's the adults that are suppose to help the children through life.

What have i been through. My moms drug adiction,  my grandpops heart attack, my others heart problems because his doctor mesed up his pricription, Broke 4 bones, bit by a dog twice, my dads 8 yr relationship ending, my Uncle, great gradmom, Cousins, and others dying, and My dads roomate dying of a herione OD and some other stuff. I might never have driven been married or had kids and have not been through as much shit as you but I have been through some stuff.

Wow.  Sounds like life to me.  Nothing too different then my life.  My bestfriend got shot by his good friend and killed him.

How's that for comfort food?

Everyone has a story or two.  I'm just saying, you don't seem to see my point.

• jerryharvey5jerryharvey5 Member Posts: 26

Wow.  Sounds like life to me.  Nothing too different then my life.  My bestfriend got shot by his good friend and killed him.
    How's that for comfort food?
    Everyone has a story or two.  I'm just saying, you don't seem to see my point.

I do see your point and I agree with you. I know with age comes knowage, but what I am trying to say is you dont go around telling some1 you had it worse no matter how hard you had it. Every1 has a sob story or some kind of hardship. Thats what I was pointing out that every1 has somehing of that sort.
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

I mean i am not mature at times but at least i know when i am not. most ppl think its normal and thats how ppl act like most black at my school. 

ROTFL! ummm... i don't really know what to say... ::::39::

• jerryharvey5jerryharvey5 Member Posts: 26

Originally posted by baphamet

I mean i am not mature at times but at least i know when i am not. most ppl think its normal and thats how ppl act like most black at my school. 

ROTFL! ummm... i don't really know what to say... ::::39::

Yea it is funny. But if ur going to quote me at least put in the part where i say im not being racist and that ALL of them act like that.

Originally posted by baphamet Originally posted by jerryharvey5 I mean i am not mature at times but at least i know when i am not. most ppl think its normal and thats how ppl act like most black at my school. 
    ROTFL! ummm... i don't really know what to say...
    Yea it is funny. But if ur going to quote me at least put in the part where i say im not being racist and that ALL of them act like that.

sorry, i wasn't implying that you are a racist, its just that it didn't make any sense to me what you said in that quote. ::::22::.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Where does this misconception that anyone acting silly in a MMO is a kid come from?  90% of the time when I see someone acting an ass in game.  It's not some 13 or 14 year old kid.  It's some 25 or older.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• swarmdieswarmdie Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Ok.. the only important thing here is that this game keeps it's mature rating so we (as in all persons that intend to play this game) can experience uncensored conan era environment and "realistic" action and violence. As for the dream of keeping away underagedlings or immature people from this game , it won't happen. Any event involving human beings involves immature people. I'm sure even with that, alot of people will enjoy this game pretty much, we will make new online friends and foes and clash swords here and there.. See you all in game and don't worry be happy.

Originally posted by swarmdie
    Ok.. the only important thing here is that this game keeps it's mature rating so we (as in all persons that intend to play this game) can experience uncensored conan era environment and "realistic" action and violence. As for the dream of keeping away underagedlings or immature people from this game , it won't happen. Any event involving human beings involves immature people. I'm sure even with that, alot of people will enjoy this game pretty much, we will make new online friends and foes and clash swords here and there.. See you all in game and don't worry be happy.image

hehe...that sums up my feelings exactly, great post my friend. ::::20::

• ceremonyceremony Member Posts: 18
    I just want these damn kids to stay off my porch!!
  • TehfuzzTehfuzz Member Posts: 45

Originally posted by ceremony
    I just want these damn kids to stay off my porch!!

Have you tried bear traps?
    Nothing says stay off my porch like Giant metal jagged Clamps attatching themselves to your leg.
  • gurthgorgurthgor Member Posts: 279

I think what most ppl understand as "mature" rating is kids for me. I have heard of a kid thinking i am a kid when i am not, just cause i am not "nice" in game. Most ppl think kids are the ones that are evil and aggresive, they want a "nice" community, all the same.

This is Age of Conan, if someone dont like i insult him in game then i would tell him what is he doing playing Age of Conan. Most ppl in Conan world was not nice, his world is not nice, it is barbaric.

Some sort of general talking to his men and Conan. He says to them, "We have won again. That is good! But what is best in life?"

One of his men replies, "The open steppe, fleet horse, falcon on your wrist, wind in your hair!"

"Wrong!" replies the general, and then asks, "Conan, what is best in life?"

Which Conan replies, "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!"

But probably if it was in a mmorpg he would have to say "be nice with your mates ;)"

In AoC not all are barbarian, but it is a barbaric culture, most ppl is quite primitive.

Probably AoC just will be another failure like Dungeons and dragons, which is just the shadow of D&D. Not evil characters, no diversity, no freedom, just clones, and with instanced dungeons. I hate that business men just use the marketing of a known product like D&D, Conan, etc.. and make just a game for kids.

So i would like ppl who dont like living in a simulated barbaric world that didnt play it. Actually i know many of those will play and i wonder why, there are tons of carebear games where you can complain to daddy GMs.

Blade with whom i have lived, blade with whom I now die. Serve right and justice one last time. Seek one last heart of evil. Still one last life of pain. Cut well old friend. Then farewell!

Huh?
  • VixenHeartVixenHeart Member Posts: 458

Originally posted by gurthgor

I think what most ppl understand as "mature" rating is kids for me. I have heard of a kid thinking i am a kid when i am not, just cause i am not "nice" in game. Most ppl think kids are the ones that are evil and aggresive, they want a "nice" community, all the same.
    This is Age of Conan, if someone dont like i insult him in game then i would tell him what is he doing playing Age of Conan. Most ppl in Conan world was not nice, his world is not nice, it is barbaric.
    Some sort of general talking to his men and Conan. He says to them, "We have won again. That is good! But what is best in life?"
    One of his men replies, "The open steppe, fleet horse, falcon on your wrist, wind in your hair!"
    "Wrong!" replies the general, and then asks, "Conan, what is best in life?"
    Which Conan replies, "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!"
    But probably if it was in a mmorpg he would have to say "be nice with your mates ;)"
    In AoC not all are barbarian, but it is a barbaric culture, most ppl is quite primitive.

Probably AoC just will be another failure like Dungeons and dragons, which is just the shadow of D&D. Not evil characters, no diversity, no freedom, just clones, and with instanced dungeons. I hate that business men just use the marketing of a known product like D&D, Conan, etc.. and make just a game for kids.

So i would like ppl who dont like living in a simulated barbaric world that didnt play it. Actually i know many of those will play and i wonder why, there are tons of carebear games where you can complain to daddy GMs.

Only time will tell...  untill then, it's all talk.
  • scrawnehscrawneh Member Posts: 220

You seem to know little or nothing about the game.

/agree

• BafucinBafucin Member Posts: 276

I hope that keep it Mature and don't change it.

This game can be something big.

• elitwebbelitwebb Member Posts: 342

Okay.  Were you married and divorced with two children by 22?  Don't be an assclown... I'm not talking about getting hit by cars, or going through a family divorce.
    What could of been so hard for you at 13?  Please... I and everyone else is waiting to hear this poor life story you had when you were just a tadpole.
    I'm just saying that I won't take orders from a 13 year old child...  I don't personally care how hard you think your life is, there's no way you have the experience in LIFE that a 25 or 30 year would.
    You couldn't even drive...  so why should anyone take order in a guild or in life from a child.  It's the adults that are suppose to help the children through life.

What have i been through. My moms drug adiction,  my grandpops heart attack, my others heart problems because his doctor mesed up his pricription, Broke 4 bones, bit by a dog twice, my dads 8 yr relationship ending, my Uncle, great gradmom, Cousins, and others dying, and My dads roomate dying of a herione OD and some other stuff. I might never have driven been married or had kids and have not been through as much shit as you but I have been through some stuff.

• NasherUKNasherUK Member UncommonPosts: 480

It will help a little, but it also gives them an excuse to "remove" the kiddies from the game if the find out their underage (afterall it's illigal to let them play) ;)

As long as they keep the ingame systems to complicated for underage kiddies to grasp, they will leave once the novelty of violence wairs off, usually with messages like "OMGWTF this game suckz0r" then come and slate it on mmorpg.com :D

Also with WoW's community.  You just have to pick the right server, some of them are infested with griefing kids, but others just give them to cold-shoulder and ignore them to the point they just leave (most likely go to the "infested" ones), or force them to go to extemes for their attention seeking and end up banned instead.
  • gurthgorgurthgor Member Posts: 279

Originally posted by scrawneh

So, you know something smart guy ? Think a bit and you will see the game is not launched yet.

Blade with whom i have lived, blade with whom I now die. Serve right and justice one last time. Seek one last heart of evil. Still one last life of pain. Cut well old friend. Then farewell!

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

Originally posted by scrawneh

So, you know something smart guy ? Think a bit and you will see the game is not launched yet.

Apparently a lot more than you do, there are evil characters, there is huge amounts of diversity, plenty of freedom and a hell of a lot of customization in equipment, skills and character looks, so no clones either. You are correct on only one point, there are in fact instanced dungeons, but these are niether the norm, much less the central part of the game.

As to it succeeding or failing, I think it will easily blow the competition away, but still I refer you to your own statement, the game is not launched yet.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• weschesterweschester Member Posts: 9
    Holy Crap. There are a lot "old assholes" giving a lot of grief to the "mature youth" in this thread.

Age is just a number. It doesnt prove your maturity.

Experiences dont prove your maturity. What you came away with did and you'll likely never be able to show what you came away with.

Generalizing a group and then hating them all never helped anyone.

Actions speak more than words.

Kids will play this game. No getting around it. Smart, mature kids will play this game and they will probably never tell you how old they are.

immature kids and mature adults can be any age :) :) :)

• Vertex1980Vertex1980 Member Posts: 951

Originally posted by weschester
    Holy Crap. There are a lot "old assholes" giving a lot of grief to the "mature youth" in this thread.

Experiences dont prove your maturity. What you came away with did and you'll likely never be able to show what you came away with.

Kids will play this game. No getting around it. Smart, mature kids will play this game and they will probably never tell you how old they are.

Yes, but a lot of the time it's the younger kids who give themselves a bad rep.

Just like how black people in the US don't want to be a sterotype, but it's just a few people making it bad for everyone.

Originally posted by Vertex1980

Originally posted by weschester

Yes, but a lot of the time it's the younger kids who give themselves a bad rep.

Just like how black people in the US don't want to be a sterotype, but it's just a few people making it bad for everyone.

I agree that a lot of kids give them a bad rap, but what I meant to imply moreso was that there are dumbasses in every age group and to condemn all kids isnt necessarily a good thing.

As for the black american stereotype, it might be that the media is as responsible for it as the bad few black americans are.
    oh yeah. Back on topic.

I think its very likely that this game will attract hardcore a$$holes with it's hardcore nature.

• KidWickedKidWicked Member Posts: 67

Originally posted by Vanillacream
    I love mmo's, but all the blasted kids ruin it.

I do know that the rating is due to the grafic nature of the game. But I see alot of ppl think it will "save" them from all the shitty kids.

It's great that AoC has the "Mature" rating, but seriously do you think it will help? I have seen little kids smiling and laughing when they see the video of the game and all the blood and head decap.

I think its gonna really act like a magnet to AoC and it will be crawling with kids laugh and with semi-hardons ganking and choping off heads. Look at Grand Theft Auto its a good exsampel of this.

they should make a 18+ only server