Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About that guild...

Comments

• DakkanonDakkanon Member Posts: 289

Originally posted by Yordo
    First of all Dakkanon, you have just started posting for this guild in the past few days...take a look back on all of the other posts and you will see how many name polls and posts we have done. 

I have read this thread completely.

Just because you came along late, that doesn't mean we have to start everything over for you.

As I had stated MANY times, on nearly every reply I've done, I have said "MY OPINION". I suggested maybe a different Guild name, I didn't demand it. I offered some possiblities, which may have been more suitable. Yes I came along late, yes I know that I have to pull or authority in this matter, BUT I AM entitled to my opinions. Whether you chose to listen, which you abviously have not, then you would understand what it was I was posting. You're erroneous comments needs to be thought out before pointing your figure and assuming that I'm trying to take over, get a title, or whatever it is that you think I'm trying to do.

Also, there is another thing I'd like to say, you all need to give Murt a break. He's Enthusiastic about this Guild, which is no reason to give him a hard time. again, this is only MY OPINION. 

Mallak Kneechopper
    55 Paladin of Mithaniel Marr
    Ayonae Ro Server 99-01

Soon to be Paladin again... on EQ2

-Dakkanon
    Paradigm, an Accretia Clan

Originally posted by Dakkanon

...yes I know that I have NO pull or authority in this matter...

ugh, I really need to start proof reading my shiz

-Dakkanon

• YordoYordo Member Posts: 831

...yes I know that I have NO pull or authority in this matter...

ugh, I really need to start proof reading my shiz

All I have to say is: lol....how about we start over.......

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Originally posted by MurtBijani
    is it that time of the month again yordo and kiamde?
    lolimage

Grow up and quit being a loser, Murt. You single handedly ruined this for me.

imageKiamdeimage

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

All I have to say is: lol....how about we start over.......

Fifth Column, what EXACTLY are you guys looking at? What are you trying to get across to others? Basically, leaving it open for the immagination doesn't do much, for 1) EQ is about visuals, so no need for Immagination, and 2) ... I'll get back to you on it. I had a brain fart, but it was really a good second explainationimage

Where will this Forum be held? How soon will it be up and running? I say I be image image. no no, I don't want to rule a Quild, or even lead one. I just want to play the game and call for back up to jump the Gnome who just challanges me to a duel. Plus, a good guild is always a fun thing to be a part of.

Mallak Kneechopper
    Ayonae Ro Server 99-01

-Dakkanon

This is ridiculous.  No offense to you Dakkanon, or to any of the other members...but we can't just start over every time someone new comes in and starts talking about our weak name.  Oh yes, you have your right to OPINION, and maybe you weren't trying to mess everything up, but intentionally or unintentionally you have.

• gothokaosgothokaos Member UncommonPosts: 145

It seems that we have some dissenting opinions as to what the guild should be named... Is this what guildchat is going to read like in game? Cause if it is, then Jamah and I will NOT be part of it.  I am shocked to learn that a few of the guild posters are alot younger than I had thought.  In the end they have shown their true maturity level. Until you guys can work out the differences, this guild will be going nowhere fast...

I agree with Dakkanon, people will not join a guild unless they like the name OR it has a great reputation.

Some guild names that I have been involved with are: Forsaken Children, Outcasts of Norrath, Formidable, Battle Cry and Defending Spirits. Just some ideas to ponder...

P.S. Hey Dakkanon, Jamah and I live in Belmont Shores, CA and I work in O.C.! Small world eh?

Gothokaos Maelstrom
    Innoruuk

This is ridiculous.  No offense to you Dakkanon, or to any of the other members...but we can't just start over every time someone new comes in and starts talking about our weak name.  Oh yes, you have your right to OPINION, and maybe you weren't trying to mess everything up, but intentionally or unintentionally you have.

I do appoligize for causing discomfort. I was just shooting ideas, and I only expressed that ]v[ was just silly. "Fifth Column" works, but what is it? It was mentioned somewhere between pages 2-18, but nothing specific or finalized. What does the Fifth Column mean, suppose to mean, or mean to you?

Mallak Kneechopper
    Ayonae Ro Server 99-01

-Dakkanon

Originally posted by gothokaos
    P.S. Hey Dakkanon, Jamah and I live in Belmont Shores, CA and I work in O.C.! Small world eh?

Gothokaos Maelstrom
    Innoruuk

imageNO SH!T?!?! I live in Anaheim Hills and work in Anaheim. I see the begining of a beautiful relationship image

Mallak Kneechopper
    Ayonae Ro Server 99-01

-Dakkanon

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

*giggles*

You realize that...you would prolly not be in the same level range for 1 full year right?  (after the game is release I mean)

Anyway, if I where you, I would appoint Yordo to be the pre-guild leader and all the responsabilities, and when the game launch, there would be a vote to make a new guild leader and it could not be him, or something like that.  You need someone that have no leadership ambition but wanting to see the guild create at start IMHO...anyway, you do whatever you want, myself will only consider guilds when I reach a high level, considering the game is not even release and that I dont know if I will be grouping or soloing (I know I wont be raiding), I cant focus on a guild myself hehehe.

- "Coercing? No no, I assure you, they are willing to bring my bags and pay public transportation just to help me, it is true!''

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

Originally posted by Anofalye

Anyway, if I where you, I would appoint Yordo to be the pre-guild leader and all the responsabilities, and when the game launch, there would be a vote to make a new guild leader and it could not be him, or something like that.  You need someone that have no leadership ambition but wanting to see the guild create at start IMHO...anyway, you do whatever you want, myself will only consider guilds when I reach a high level, considering the game is not even release and that I dont know if I will be grouping or soloing (I know I wont be raiding), I cant focus on a guild myself hehehe.

I can agree with what you're saying. However, there is still no guild. The Fifth Column is just a name. There is no Guild Forum, other then this one, which doesn't count. A Forum is basically a good start to a guild, when the game hasn't been released. They've got the name, start the Forum. It doesn't matter where, it can be relocated at a later date. Why not get it started?

(now, I'm being difficult. image)

Mallak Kneechopper
    Ayonae Ro Server 99-01

-Dakkanon

I have no desire to be a guild leader or whatever.  I think the leader should be voted for.  As for the guild forum, I have asked people in earlier posts to recommend free forum sites.  No one has made any suggestions as of yet.

I have no desire to be a guild leader or whatever.  I think the leader should be voted for.  As for the guild forum, I have asked people in earlier posts to recommend free forum sites.  No one has made any suggestions as of yet.

Guild leader will either be Voted for, or just taken. When EQ2 comes out, Fifth Column will most likely be snapped in half from the get go.  What can I say, Vote or no Vote, nothing really ever comes out as envisioned, but al in all, should work out pretty nicely fer joo.

EZboards is petty popular, but ProBoards is slightly better. All that they require is a little donation to keep Pop up adds from spamming your windows. . . .  or something like that. 7 single dollar bills isn't much to ask for. hell, that's almost the price of cigarettes... or even worse, the price for gas! SOB's are raping us with Gas prices!!! WHY?!?! Why, You damn dirty Apes!!!!

If need be, I'll start it. but my opinion will most likely be misspelling Fifth Column to something like Bunnies of Chaos

Let Me Know.

Mallak Kneechopper
    Ayonae Ro Server 99-01

-Dakkanon

I have no desire to be a guild leader or whatever. I think the leader should be voted for. As for the guild forum, I have asked people in earlier posts to recommend free forum sites. No one has made any suggestions as of yet.
    Guild leader will either be Voted for, or just taken. When EQ2 comes out, Fifth Column will most likely be snapped in half from the get go. What can I say, Vote or no Vote, nothing really ever comes out as envisioned, but al in all, should work out pretty nicely fer joo.
    EZboards is petty popular, but ProBoards is slightly better. All that they require is a little donation to keep Pop up adds from spamming your windows. . . . or something like that. 7 single dollar bills isn't much to ask for. hell, that's almost the price of cigarettes... or even worse, the price for gas! SOB's are raping us with Gas prices!!! WHY?!?! Why, You damn dirty Apes!!!!
    If need be, I'll start it. but my opinion will most likely be misspelling Fifth Column to something like Bunnies of Chaos
    Let Me Know.
    Mallak Kneechopper
    Ayonae Ro Server 99-01Soon to be Paladin again... on EQ2

Things were fine until you came around and F'ed things up. I put allot of time into planning this, even getting support to sponsor a free site for us. But you ruined it, as did Murt. I wanted to have fun with this...we had it all planned out perfect. Things were set. We spent a month on polls and rules but now you want to start over? Nonsense. Murt...you should act your age and realize that you have to finish what you start and personally, I dislike you very much for your attitude and overall ignorance, not just in this thread, but on the whole entire site. Frankly, I think you are an attention whore, posting every single chance you get, fueling your arrogant ego. Your views? No one cares. Your unnoticed ideas? No one cares. The truth hurts. You may fluctuate yourself all you want about this bloody post but I won’t care. Basically, the grass was green and you took a dump on it. Mr. Dakkanon, thanks for deciding you could take this over, even though we have already discussed and chose all the procedures for the guild. Congratulations! This is YOUR project now, not mine. I quit. And I hope you all realize--Yordo, Goth, and Square-- that this "guild", [well once a guild, now a distant memory] will get NOWHERE with these "new found leaders". Enjoy your dump. Thanks.

imageKiamdeimage

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• milhoan6milhoan6 Member CommonPosts: 580

Originally posted by Kiamde

I have no desire to be a guild leader or whatever. I think the leader should be voted for. As for the guild forum, I have asked people in earlier posts to recommend free forum sites. No one has made any suggestions as of yet.

Guild leader will either be Voted for, or just taken. When EQ2 comes out, Fifth Column will most likely be snapped in half from the get go. What can I say, Vote or no Vote, nothing really ever comes out as envisioned, but al in all, should work out pretty nicely fer joo.
    EZboards is petty popular, but ProBoards is slightly better. All that they require is a little donation to keep Pop up adds from spamming your windows. . . . or something like that. 7 single dollar bills isn't much to ask for. hell, that's almost the price of cigarettes... or even worse, the price for gas! SOB's are raping us with Gas prices!!! WHY?!?! Why, You damn dirty Apes!!!!
    Let Me Know.

Mallak Kneechopper
    Ayonae Ro Server 99-01

Things were fine until you came around and F'ed things up. I put allot of time into planning this, even getting support to sponsor a free site for us. But you ruined it, as did Murt. I wanted to have fun with this...we had it all planned out perfect. Things were set. We spent a month on polls and rules but now you want to start over? Nonsense. Murt...you should act your age and realize that you have to finish what you start and personally, I dislike you very much for your attitude and overall ignorance, not just in this thread, but on the whole entire site. Frankly, I think you are an attention whore, posting every single chance you get, fueling your arrogant ego. Your views? No one cares. Your unnoticed ideas? No one cares. The truth hurts. You may fluctuate yourself all you want about this bloody post but I won’t care. Basically, the grass was green and you took a dump on it. Mr. Dakkanon, thanks for deciding you could take this over, even though we have already discussed and chose all the procedures for the guild. Congratulations! This is YOUR project now, not mine. I quit. And I hope you all realize--Yordo, Goth, and Square-- that this "guild", [well once a guild, now a distant memory] will get NOWHERE with these "new found leaders". Enjoy your dump. Thanks.

imageKiamdeimage

Well if Kiamede and Square and Yordo and all the other people who were here from the satrt are leaving this guild and this is the future of the guild (these new posters) then there won't even be a guild

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

imageKiamdeimage

you know what...

i thought i could express myself, I thought that this was a fun guild, I thought this was a project that wasn't just 100% seriousness

I cannot express my feelings on this site i have been a part of for such a long time without getting told off.

You want it that way Kiamde? You like it that way?

FINE

I'm out, you guys worry about your own guild

later

you know what...

i thought i could express myself, I thought that this was a fun guild, I thought this was a project that wasn't just 100% seriousness

I cannot express my feelings on this site i have been a part of for such a long time without getting told off.

You want it that way Kiamde? You like it that way?

FINE

I'm out, you guys worry about your own guild

later

Murt... i liked how u made a lot of things funny you made the planning of the guild a lot more fun than just talking about work work and more work IMO, you made the planning of the guild a lot more fun and i wish you would stay in the guild

atleast someone appreciates me!

...i'll think about it

thanks milhoan

n/p Murtimage <haha i love that movin smiley<

Kiamde

I'm sorry, do you want a tissue? Want a hug?

Kiamde, First of all, if you believe that I "ruined" "your" guild, you're mistaken. I made a suggestion on calling it something else. You took it as "I'm Dakkanon, Kneel before me, for I am your God and I wish upon you ,Kiamde, GREAT misery, agony, sorrow and pain."? 

You're one hell of a character Kiamde, however, I know that you are young and haven't learned or experience much in life. That's not your fault. I know, I was once young myself. And if I was there with you, I'd give you a pat on the back and offer you my condulances. But I'm not. I don't want to be a Guild leader, your leader or anyone elses leader.. I can't offer anyone my complete attention in the game nor on these or any forums. All I had EVER offered was the aiding in finding and/or starting a Forum on EZboards or Proboards. Yes, I had suggested on possibly giving the guild a different name, but it became clear to me that YOU didn't want that to happen. I let it go.

By the way, sinse you've GIVEN UP on this guild, why don't you post YOU'RE RULES, so that I may use them. Oh, and while you're at it, send you're sponcers my way. I'll get a forum up and appoint Murt as Guild leader till the game is released. Once the game is released, the people of Fifth Column can vote for a new leader. I personally will refuse any title. I just want to be a part of something, and offer that "something" my services.

Murt, I think you're a good guy. Don't let anyone else tell you different. You have a good sence of humor and that alone is a quality that "some" people don't have.

Back to Kiamde; oh, and by the way; No matter what happens, things like this will always come to pass. NOTHING is perfect, and EVERYONE will voice there opinion(s). YOU have to hear them out if you want to keep things together. YOU will have to compromise and sacrafice in order to be successful. To be a leader isn't something easily done. You lack the skills to be a leader because you are much to sensitive. Plus, you don't really understand most people, and you also try to belittle. And that's just a no no.

p.s. what have you done so far, concerning the guild? Called it the Fifth Column? Did you really get a sponcer, or are you just trying to make yourself look like youz gotz da phat connectionz? Besides, what sponcer would sponcer something that won't be anything till the game is released?

-Dakkanon

-Dakkanon

ladies and gentlemen...we have a scholar!

now to Kiamde:

I don't want to say anythng bad, for without you there would be no guild. Dakkanon did exactly what he said, you have to look at that! he's not a dictator, just recomended changing the name. OK, i Might have gone past the line there when i started another guild name poll, but cmon, isn't this guild "For the People"??? or is it just for the guys who started it!? I thought you wanted recruitments...I see your point in all of this Kiamde, you just have to look at everyone elses too.

thanks dakkanon for htat wonderful thoughtful post.

Kiamde, you better reply, I KNOW you read this!!!

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

I express my apologies to Dakkanon, milhoan6,  Anofalye, gothokaos, and others who were going to make this guild work.
    Unfortunatley, due to recent events, I will not be a part of it.
    Later

Uh?  Who dare put my name in a guild?  *start rampaging*!

- "Coercing? No no, I assure you, they are willing to bring my bags and pay public transportation just to help me, it is true!''

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

Originally posted by Anofalye

I express my apologies to Dakkanon, milhoan6,  Anofalye, gothokaos, and others who were going to make this guild work.
    Unfortunatley, due to recent events, I will not be a part of it.
    Later

Uh?  Who dare put my name in a guild?  *start rampaging*!

LoL that wuz funny Anofalye

lol

thoughtu  said u were in!

It was probably too early to start a EQII guild anyways. For all we know it could be another year...

imageKiamdeimage