Blizzard to sell rights to World of Warcraft as Blizzard is seeking business elsewhere! READ!

radlinradlin Helena, MTMember Posts: 266



Blizzard CEO today has stated that he has just signed over all rights to the mega-popular "World of Warcraft" mmorpg.  The new owners will be Limitless Horizons Inc, previous makers of the disappointing "Mourning" franchise.  Limitless Horizons CEO is extremely excited about the deal, stating that he plans to immediately take down all World of Warcraft servers the first week of June to change the game engine to incorporate previous Mourning game code that will give World of Warcraft characters a new bloodline.  After playing for 500 hours, or reaching a random level between 45 and 65 (the max level) the character will DIE, and a newborn character will be born with 50-60% of the dead characters skills and traits.

Limitless Horizons is more then excited to take over the World of Warcraft servers and franchise.  They are also excited to finally have the chance to incorporate their new "bloodline" feature that was previously promised for Mourning. 

Because of the new coding and changes to the game engine, World of Warcraft will be down for about a month and will reopen on July 1.  They will take pre-orders for the new game that all players must buy and download to play.  They will give all current players with current subscriptions when they take the client down a 40% discount to $29.95.  All other WoW players will need to purchase the new client from Limitless Horizons for $49.95. 

Limitless Horizons David Jasinski also says that he is more then excited and knows that the fans will be as well that the current name of the game will be permanently changed to "World Of Mourning" effective July 1, 2006.  He states that "warcraft" is a bad word for the title of any mmorpg, and it will be much more of a household name as "World of Mourning" because most people associate the word "warcraft" with the devil and evil.  Now he expects the name change alone to result in about a 20-30% increase in the current subscriber base of just over 6.5 million subscribers.

Blizzard now says that they will take the money profited from WoW and start making Twinkies after buying the rights to Twinkies from Hostess.  They said they were previously making Twinkies out of every person that sat in front of their computer playing WoW for hours upon hours every day and now they will just being making the twinkies more directly instead of so indirectly as they were before.







«1

Comments

  • ozmonoozmono Not tellingMember UncommonPosts: 1,211
    Does anyone believe this?

  • OwenazurisOwenazuris Kingwood, TXMember UncommonPosts: 5
    Of course not.  

  • Zaxx99Zaxx99 Somewhere IN, INMember Posts: 1,761


    Originally posted by ozmono
    Does anyone believe this?


    LOL.  This is just another of Radlins hoaxs, only this time he has been quite comical indeed!  rotf.  First of all can you really see Blizzard making flippin' Twinkies??  heh.  Secondly do you really think the POS company Limitless Horizons really has the 3 billion dollars or more that would be required to buy the rights to this goldmine that is "World of Warcraft"??  Hell NO to both and hell NO is this true.  Hehe, I can't believe you even had to ask. 


    -  Zaxx

    image

  • AckbarAckbar Winnipeg, MBMember UncommonPosts: 927
    Reported for unfunnyness.............

    ----ITS A TRAP!!!----

  • AnofalyeAnofalye Quebec, QCMember Posts: 7,433


    Originally posted by zaxtor99

    Originally posted by ozmono
    Does anyone believe this?
    LOL.  This is just another of Radlins hoaxs, only this time he has been quite comical indeed!  rotf.  First of all can you really see Blizzard making flippin' Twinkies??  heh.  Secondly do you really think the POS company Limitless Horizons really has the 3 billion dollars or more that would be required to buy the rights to this goldmine that is "World of Warcraft"??  Hell NO to both and hell NO is this true.  Hehe, I can't believe you even had to ask. 


    -  Zaxx


     I agree this was rather funny!

    Especially that, IF such a thing would happen, Limitless would prolly react in such a way, just like Sigil would prolly remove all instancing! 

    - "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

  • Pride7Pride7 Plano, TXMember Posts: 289
    Blizzard doesn't own all the rights to WOW so not only isn't it believable the OP didn't do their homework.  Vivendi has a stake in WOW and Blizzard would have to first buy back their stake from Vivendi similiar to how Turbine had to buy back AC from Microsoft.
  • BrianshoBriansho Woodbridge, VAMember UncommonPosts: 3,586
    I think some WOW players just made a mess in their diapers.

    Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

  • ElnatorElnator Chesapeake, VAMember Posts: 6,077
    Mental note:  Do not read posts by this guy... UNGH  I feel dumber now.

    Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

  • DaMuffinBoiDaMuffinBoi Thousand Oaks, CAMember Posts: 6


    Originally posted by zaxtor99

    Originally posted by ozmono
    Does anyone believe this?


    LOL.  This is just another of Radlins hoaxs, only this time he has been quite comical indeed!  rotf.  First of all can you really see Blizzard making flippin' Twinkies??  heh.  Secondly do you really think the POS company Limitless Horizons really has the 3 billion dollars or more that would be required to buy the rights to this goldmine that is "World of Warcraft"??  Hell NO to both and hell NO is this true.  Hehe, I can't believe you even had to ask. 


    -  Zaxx




    Dude, I know. Anyone Warcraft fan would know this is fake from the title. It's pretty funny though. I compliment it.

    image

  • DaMuffinBoiDaMuffinBoi Thousand Oaks, CAMember Posts: 6


    Originally posted by radlin

    Originally posted by Elnator
    Mental note:  Do not read posts by this guy... UNGH  I feel dumber now.


    Mod Edit: Quote contains deleted post.







    OMG laser gun pew pew pew

    image

  • Zaxx99Zaxx99 Somewhere IN, INMember Posts: 1,761


    ... In before the lock!!  Yay!  

    [ post count statistic obtains +1 ! ]...  WooT!! 


    -  Zaxx




    image

  • Steelarm011Steelarm011 E Brunswick, NJMember Posts: 187

    APRIL FOOLS!!!!

    (only 2 months late)

    -------------------------------------------
    image

    Steelarm, Doctor of MMO gaming, ethics, and ideas.

  • BamBam021BamBam021 Blue Springs, MOMember Posts: 13
    This thread makes me want to chew on glass.

  • Rayx0rRayx0r melbourne, FLMember Posts: 2,902

    I thought SOE bought the rights to WoW?

    o_0

    image

    “"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • radlinradlin Helena, MTMember Posts: 266


    Originally posted by Rayx0r
    I thought SOE bought the rights to WoW?
    Heyyy, I'm totally innocent on THAT one! 


  • Rayx0rRayx0r melbourne, FLMember Posts: 2,902


    Originally posted by radlin

    Originally posted by Rayx0r
    I thought SOE bought the rights to WoW?
    Heyyy, I'm totally innocent on THAT one! 





    lol..you gotta admit.. that would be friggin funny just to see the forums go apeshit over that soap oprah

    image

    “"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • LasraikLasraik Alb, NMMember Posts: 170
    Made me laugh, good post
  • MaldachMaldach San Diego, CAMember Posts: 399


    Originally posted by radlin
    It's a JOKE dorko. 


    Jokes are supposed to be funny, your lame attempt at humor is a failure. Try harder next time.
  • radlinradlin Helena, MTMember Posts: 266


    Originally posted by Maldach




    Originally posted by radlin
    It's a JOKE dorko. 



    Jokes are supposed to be funny, your lame attempt at humor is a failure. Try harder next time.


    Uh, perfect picture there for you/of you dude. "No thoughts, Head
    Empty". Now if you knew anything about Limitless Horizons or Mourning
    instead of having your head so far up your WoW fanboy arse, you just
    might get it. But nevermind, go play WoW dude - that world needs you to
    save it from all those horrible beasts. Go be all of our hero now!
    Hurry along, just be sure that you get to bed on time sonny.
  • SpathotanSpathotan chesapeake, VAMember Posts: 3,928
    It was a joke people, get a grip. And until all you tightasses can come up with something better...get over it.

    "There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

  • EindrachenEindrachen Ridgeland, MSMember Posts: 211

    I kinda thought it was pretty funny.  I am sure someone took it completely seriously.

    I mean, God, have any of you ever been to the WOW forums?  Those folks would rant about anything, even something as obviously fake as this.

    If even one WOW fanboy was enraged or depressed by this post upon reading it, because they didn't actually read and think for themselves, I think it served it's purpose in the world...

  • MassivePvPMassivePvP Cheyenne, WYMember Posts: 32


    Originally posted by radlin



    Blizzard CEO today has stated that he has just signed over all rights to the mega-popular "World of Warcraft" mmorpg.  The new owners will be Limitless Horizons Inc, previous makers of the disappointing "Mourning" franchise.  Limitless Horizons CEO is extremely excited about the deal, stating that he plans to immediately take down all World of Warcraft servers the first week of June to change the game engine to incorporate previous Mourning game code that will give World of Warcraft characters a new bloodline.  After playing for 500 hours, or reaching a random level between 45 and 65 (the max level) the character will DIE, and a newborn character will be born with 50-60% of the dead characters skills and traits.

    Limitless Horizons is more then excited to take over the World of Warcraft servers and franchise.  They are also excited to finally have the chance to incorporate their new "bloodline" feature that was previously promised for Mourning. 

    Because of the new coding and changes to the game engine, World of Warcraft will be down for about a month and will reopen on July 1.  They will take pre-orders for the new game that all players must buy and download to play.  They will give all current players with current subscriptions when they take the client down a 40% discount to $29.95.  All other WoW players will need to purchase the new client from Limitless Horizons for $49.95. 

    Limitless Horizons David Jasinski also says that he is more then excited and knows that the fans will be as well that the current name of the game will be permanently changed to "World Of Mourning" effective July 1, 2006.  He states that "warcraft" is a bad word for the title of any mmorpg, and it will be much more of a household name as "World of Mourning" because most people associate the word "warcraft" with the devil and evil.  Now he expects the name change alone to result in about a 20-30% increase in the current subscriber base of just over 6.5 million subscribers.

    Blizzard now says that they will take the money profited from WoW and start making Twinkies after buying the rights to Twinkies from Hostess.  They said they were previously making Twinkies out of every person that sat in front of their computer playing WoW for hours upon hours every day and now they will just being making the twinkies more directly instead of so indirectly as they were before.








    OMFG, Q.F.E. !! (Quoted For Excellence)

    That has to be one of the funniest damn things I have read all year. I actually spit my ice tea I was drinking all over myself, lmfao, too funny!
  • DamonVileDamonVile Vancouver, BCMember CommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by radlin

    Sheesh. Some people need to lighten up and learn to laugh at a "joke". To take things os seriously is not good for ones soul, or for ones overall health.


    Oh I don't know, you're the one that seems to be taking this all a bit too seriously. It wasn't funny because it was too obvious. The one about the newspaper that was going on here a few months ago was funny, because even after 5 pages of posts some people where still arguing that it was real. You didn't "get" anyone with this. Better luck next time I guess.
  • UmbroodUmbrood gbgMember UncommonPosts: 1,809

    Hehe, well written, intelligent, knowledgeable and funny, we do not see many of thoose around here.

    To keep track of the topic.

    What kind of insane amount of money do you figure one would have to dish out to get their hands on that license?

    Everything has a price, and Blizzard is a corporation after all, so if all the share holders say yes.

    Say if it made each and every holder a billionaire?

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Jerek_

    I wonder if you honestly even believe what you type, or if you live in a made up world of facts.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  • eaglerangereagleranger ozark, ARMember Posts: 66
    LMAO THAT WAS FUNNY ,,,,,,,,,,,but i think there was a typeo they were not going to make twikies but ho ho's

    i fight the battles other fear

    EagleRanger

Sign In or Register to comment.