Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SOE Will Buy Sigil Eventually

124»

Comments

  • MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489


    Originally posted by Markn12

    Originally posted by MX13
    They might try to buy VSoH, but it's doubtful they would buy Sigil. Why would SOE invest the cash to buy a company and take on all of it's bad along with the good, when they can just buy the games from them that they like?
    Because its not just Vanguard as the name,  Sigil is part of the name and value of the game.   Just like verant was for EQ.

    If they bought them, the name would die, like Verant... what's the value in that? It just doesn't make sense... if anything, SOE will want to keep a solid relationship with Sigil to ensure they're the first stop for their next MMO...

    Coming from a preofessional perspective, our comapny chooses to Outsource anything we need to, even when we work with same company repeatedly. We could easily purchase one of our smalled partners, but the value isn't there... they're good at what they do, so why do we need to e swollow them and limit ourselves if something else comes along? Why would SOE spend money it doesn't need to?

    I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

    In fact, forget the SWG!!!!

    image
    image
    image

  • KazzerKazzer Member Posts: 648


    Originally posted by MX13

    Originally posted by Markn12

    Originally posted by MX13
    They might try to buy VSoH, but it's doubtful they would buy Sigil. Why would SOE invest the cash to buy a company and take on all of it's bad along with the good, when they can just buy the games from them that they like?
    Because its not just Vanguard as the name,  Sigil is part of the name and value of the game.   Just like verant was for EQ.

    If they bought them, the name would die, like Verant... what's the value in that? It just doesn't make sense... if anything, SOE will want to keep a solid relationship with Sigil to ensure they're the first stop for their next MMO...

    Coming from a preofessional perspective, our comapny chooses to Outsource anything we need to, even when we work with same company repeatedly. We could easily purchase one of our smalled partners, but the value isn't there... they're good at what they do, so why do we need to e swollow them and limit ourselves if something else comes along? Why would SOE spend money it doesn't need to?



    becous soe likes to screw up every single mmorpg they pass by, thats why
  • MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489


    Originally posted by Kazzer

    Originally posted by MX13

    Originally posted by Markn12

    Originally posted by MX13
    They might try to buy VSoH, but it's doubtful they would buy Sigil. Why would SOE invest the cash to buy a company and take on all of it's bad along with the good, when they can just buy the games from them that they like?
    Because its not just Vanguard as the name,  Sigil is part of the name and value of the game.   Just like verant was for EQ.

    If they bought them, the name would die, like Verant... what's the value in that? It just doesn't make sense... if anything, SOE will want to keep a solid relationship with Sigil to ensure they're the first stop for their next MMO...

    Coming from a preofessional perspective, our comapny chooses to Outsource anything we need to, even when we work with same company repeatedly. We could easily purchase one of our smalled partners, but the value isn't there... they're good at what they do, so why do we need to e swollow them and limit ourselves if something else comes along? Why would SOE spend money it doesn't need to?



    becous soe likes to screw up every single mmorpg they pass by, thats why

    But they don't have to buy Sigil to do that...

    I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

    In fact, forget the SWG!!!!

    image
    image
    image

  • brostynbrostyn Member Posts: 3,092
    Anything is possible. To say otherwise is obviously only meant to mislead.

  • jonakujonaku Member Posts: 281


    Originally posted by Stevon
    In order for anyone to make "millions" the game has to not suck, and so far Vanguard sucks.  About the only thing it has going for it is the graphics engine, which isn't really Sigil's anyway, it's Epics.

    So far Vanguard has less depth than EQ2, less artistic style than WoW (by miles), poor quests, inflated penalty, leveling and travel difficulty as well as little design applied to usability overall.  In short it's Brad's attempt to bring back his vision of EQ into a world that left EQ behind years ago for all the reasons that are making Vanguard suck now.


    well said. especially about the graphics.
  • KazzerKazzer Member Posts: 648


    Originally posted by MX13

    Originally posted by Kazzer

    Originally posted by MX13

    Originally posted by Markn12

    Originally posted by MX13
    They might try to buy VSoH, but it's doubtful they would buy Sigil. Why would SOE invest the cash to buy a company and take on all of it's bad along with the good, when they can just buy the games from them that they like?
    Because its not just Vanguard as the name,  Sigil is part of the name and value of the game.   Just like verant was for EQ.

    If they bought them, the name would die, like Verant... what's the value in that? It just doesn't make sense... if anything, SOE will want to keep a solid relationship with Sigil to ensure they're the first stop for their next MMO...

    Coming from a preofessional perspective, our comapny chooses to Outsource anything we need to, even when we work with same company repeatedly. We could easily purchase one of our smalled partners, but the value isn't there... they're good at what they do, so why do we need to e swollow them and limit ourselves if something else comes along? Why would SOE spend money it doesn't need to?



    becous soe likes to screw up every single mmorpg they pass by, thats why

    But they don't have to buy Sigil to do that...


    lol true
  • ronan32ronan32 Member Posts: 1,418
    If brad mcquaid sells to soe again..he will be the anti-christ of the mmo community and no one will buy a game made by him again because they will just say he is in it for a quick buck and doesnt care about the quality of the game.
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311


    Originally posted by ronan32
    If brad mcquaid sells to soe again..he will be the anti-christ of the mmo community and no one will buy a game made by him again because they will just say he is in it for a quick buck and doesnt care about the quality of the game.

    i agree, unless he sold sigil like 5-10 years down the road after vanguard's prime i think his mmo game making days would be over if he did that.

    that is unless he was hired by another established company, but then again that wouldn't make alot of sense because he wouldn't be the boss of his own company anymore and he would be taking a pay decrease.

    if brad sells sigil I'm willing to bet that would be it for his mmo development career, ofcource this is just speculation and i don't think he will unless vanguard flops as hard as some of the haters think it will (less than 100k subs), witch i don't think will happen.

  • Amnesiac07Amnesiac07 Member Posts: 103


    Originally posted by ronan32
    If brad mcquaid sells to soe again..he will be the anti-christ of the mmo community and no one will buy a game made by him again because they will just say he is in it for a quick buck and doesnt care about the quality of the game.

    Some would argue he has already obtained this position.

    Seriously though, if he turned the actual game design over to SOE and they tore it to pieces I'd figure it would be under the pretense that he would never work on the development of another mmo again.

    Whether you like or hate his ideas, or "vision", (man, even as a fan of this game I hate that term) you do have to admit he is much more accessible than a typical dev, and his posts in various forums do seem to be pretty genuine when he talks about the game's direction.


    Hell, if it does happen at least I know I can just move into the neighborhood here right next door the SWG emo forums.
  • CeebonesCeebones Member Posts: 8
    I really dont care that SOE buys them or not. I am playing largely due to Brad is in the developing of this game. I loved EQ in it's early stages. Not so much after corporate guru's took over and over simplified things.
  • jonakujonaku Member Posts: 281


    Originally posted by Ceebones
    I really dont care that SOE buys them or not. I am playing largely due to Brad is in the developing of this game. I loved EQ in it's early stages. Not so much after corporate guru's took over and over simplified things.


    you will care if SOE takes over, reduces the number of classes available from 25 to 9, thereby eliminating the class you were playing in.

    you will care if SOE takes over, and completely overhauls the combat system so that phat loot that it took you 8 months to accumulate is now just mediocre crap.

    you will care if SOE takes over and causes such havoc that 75% of the players leave, including your whole guild, and now everywhere you go is a ghost town and you have no one to group with, which means you'll never level up again since the game won't let you level up solo

Sign In or Register to comment.