Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Video card help;

Turtleneck37Turtleneck37 Member Posts: 91
I bought eq2 recently and my video card wasn't good enough to support it.
It says on their site that what they recommend you have at least a DirectX 9 compatible video card w/ pixel shader and vertex shader support. With at least 128 MB of texture memory.
Now i know his may be an odd request, but would you happen to know of a good graphics card that isnt horribly expensive with thows specs? Any info you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• evlh0r3evlh0r3 Member Posts: 6
    FX5200 is mentioned earlier as a GFX supporting EQ2 and capable of running it.
    It will not give you top performance nor top notch graphics, but atleast you will be able to game, and its cheap. Very cheap. =)

Best regards,
    Thomas

• Turtleneck37Turtleneck37 Member Posts: 91

hell i dont care if it looks horrible im just looking forward to playing

thanks alot

ths is it correct?

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/eVGA-GeForce-FX-5200-Video-Card-128P1N309DX-/sem/rpsm/oid/105701/catOid/-13043/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

• evlh0r3evlh0r3 Member Posts: 6
    Yeah thats it.. =)

Best regards,
    Thomas

• 92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904
    Don't buy it from Circuit City. I think you could get it much cheaper somewhere on the internet. Here is one on newegg for 55 bucks. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814140027

• KraptorKraptor Member Posts: 359

5200 is a very weak card. I would suggest min a 6600 which is a little bit expensive but much better performance. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814143056

AGP 6600 85 USD. Doubt you have a pcie capable motherboard but if you do you can get a 6600GT for around 70 bucks which is faster.

• 92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904
    On my other comp I am using a 6600GT AGP 256mb. It runs great.

• GreyhammerGreyhammer Member Posts: 29

Yeah... unless the local stores are having a sale, newegg usually has the best prices on hardware, along with some awesome shipping speeds.

I recently was looking to upgrade vid cards as well, so I bought an ATi Radeon x850xt from newegg. Runs EQ2 with only barely noticeable framerate stutter in Qeynos Harbor (was my worst spot with the old card), and smooth as silk everywhere else, and I have world and character textures at max, bloom and heat shimmer enabled. By the way, 2G RAM goes a very long way in getting EQ2 to run better. Trust me.

If you want bang for the buck, though, I'd recommend the Radeon x800XL. It's a surprisingly powerful card for around 150 bucks. and maybe less if you lok hard enough.

The Greyhammer Timeline (Games Played > 1 month)

1999 >-- Everquest -- Dark Age of Camelot -- Everquest -- Anarchy Online -- Everquest -- Star Wars Galaxies -- Final Fantasy XI -- Everquest -- World of Warcraft -- Everquest 2 -- EVE Online --> 2006

Playing Navy Field (www.navyfield.com) and waiting for Vanguard.

• pittelpittel Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Two accounts GFX 5500 and GFX 6600.  both run the game very well.