Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Solo friendly? PvP Recommendations?

Pride7Pride7 Member Posts: 289

I am looking for a new MMO and while EQ2 isn't exactly new I have never played it.  I have played AC (14 months), AC2 (4 months), WOW (9 months), AO (3 months), DAOC (1 Month), Eve (2 days) and now am bored out of my mind.  My problem is I prefer soloing (loved playing a Rogue on WoW that was built for soloing) and have read EQ2 isn't very solo friendly.  Can some of you experienced players grade EQ2's soloability from 1 to 5 (5 being highest)?

I have also heard good things about EQ2's PVP, what is a good class for a solo PvPer?  Your input is greatly appreciated!  Thank you.

Comments

• EnterraEnterra Member Posts: 10

to each his own, or something like that

but dirges are quite fun

realy depends what ya like best

first thing is say what type ya like best ie fighter mage?

then we can recomend one of the 6 that shoot off from that

i can say the evil side is funnier

but the good side is aboundant with goods for sale

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

pet classes like necro solo very well and carry a good kick in pvp.

Now one thing you should know is EQ2 provides you the chance to solo to 70 but you can do that in half the time grouping and considering the many instances/dungeons its much more fun.

Also EQ2 has a more mature crowd so there is hardly time wasting when your group is formed.

I recall to gather a  group in wow was a nightmare as people just dropped out at they feel and would afk for ages.

In EQ2 this gains you a bad rep very very fast and as such such behaviour is much less frequent.So i think its worth while trying the grouping in EQ2.

If not then heck yeah go solo .Each class can solo as long as you are not expecting to go kill some herioc aka elite mob solo.

• evlh0r3evlh0r3 Member Posts: 6
    I think you can solo heroic mob. Just depends on its level and grade, also the surrounding mobs. Hell yeah I've soloed heroic mobs at my lvl and killed them, granting me nice (!) loot.

For me the scout classes seems most obvious as a Solo PvP'er. But thats just mine personal opinion.
    Yeah, the maturity is much higher. Due to the complexity of the game. I mean, I used about 3 hours gathering and making all the mats to gain lvl10 crafter. That I could have done in wow in 10 minutes. Also the leveling, the zones. I got constantly atleast 50 quests in my journal, which keeps you going and going. Some are even repeatable (I only do that if I am watching a television show at the same time and want the lousy money *lol*).

Its bigger than possibly imagined. The city itself took me hours and hours to explore..

I also reckon you should go off immediately on a PvP server. That way you won't say the death penalty is low. My first death made it clear: .. no more!

EQ2 is just one of the best MMORPG's out there if I can decide. =)

Best regards,
    Thomas

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by evlh0r3
    I think you can solo heroic mob. Just depends on its level and grade, also the surrounding mobs. Hell yeah I've soloed heroic mobs at my lvl and killed them, granting me nice (!) loot.For me the scout classes seems most obvious as a Solo PvP'er. (...)

You are not suppose to solo heroic mobs (unless they are grey) according to SOE, keep that in mind because of the way SOE "balances" when they change something they dont like.
  • lomillerlomiller Member Posts: 1,810

Soloing is a lot slower then grouping, there is plenty of things you will not be able to do solo until they are green or grey, and it’s a lot harder to get top quality gear, but you can solo all the way to 70 in this game and many people do. 

Originally posted by JelloB2000
    You are not suppose to solo heroic mobs (unless they are grey) according to SOE, keep that in mind because of the way SOE "balances" when they change something they dont like.

Not true, in fact the range for which mobs stay green was expanded specifically to allow people to challenge themselves by killing heroic mobs.  They don’t balance this type of soloing, however so it varies a lot from class to class and a few classes have trouble doing it at all.  

Wizards are probably the best at this, at higher levels they can kill named heroics above their own level with relative constancy, but it does take a while.  Conjurors and necromancers can use roots and slow kiteing to accomplish much the same things, and are much faster at killing stuff in general due to their ability to summon a tank pet and nuke away.  Shadowknights can do decent DPS for a tank, heal themselves with life taps and wear the best armor in the game which makes them a potent soloer.  They can’t usually solo heroics unless they are a level or two below themselves, however.  

• Pride7Pride7 Member Posts: 289
    Appreciate the input.  I have been considering trying out a Necro but haven't fully made up my mine.  Soloing is important to me because during the day, when I play, I need to be able to log off at anytime to answer the phone or go to a meeting.