Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tradeskill Options

92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904
What are some of the more useful tradeskills to a necromancer? What ones will make you more money or more equiptment you can use yourself?

Also how difficult is it to level these proffesions? When I had a level 20 I think armorsmith, by that time I was flooding my bags and bank with stuff I either don't need or needed at one point and had excess. So what are good ways to keep a profit, and maintain organization?

Comments

• lomillerlomiller Member Posts: 1,810

Provisioner is the most useful overall tradeskill, food and drink is always needed.  The only other ones that support your necromancer would be Sage, so you can make your own spells.  A carpenter could make strongboxes and furniture for your home, but they have issues with recipes over level 50, and you don’t really need furniture and you can always buy boxes.

Sage and Provisioner are both easy to level.  You can get to level 40 as a provisioner by doing little more then making a single one of each recipe for the discovery bonus.  (That’s a big reason why food/drink is so hard to get below tier 5, no one actually makes any they just make one of each to level and move on).  For money making Provisoner is nice, but there is competition at the highest levels.  Sage is consistent but you need to build up a loyal customer base.

Avoid the trades that make basic equipment like armor, weapons, etc.  The best crafted items use very expensive rare materials, but the products are only slightly better then common drops and not as good as legendary gear that drops from named, and miles behind the fabled gear that drops from epic mobs.  The weapons and armor crafted from common material is pretty bad, and most crafters will not even wear it themselves.