Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Learn from my mistake

AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

i was doing ubrs for some mats and some gold and an epic ring dropped, this ring was set for a warrior and i was the only warrior in the party, now this ring was bloody awsome! it beats any AV reward ring any day, i was just about to need it and they all screamed "GREED GREED no one ninja and need it !! greed!!" after fighting with them for a bit i greeded and lost it.. it went to a priest, it was a bind when equipt ring.. now i thought to myself scince when can a warrior not need a warrior item so i kept fighting with them! then i decided to ask my guild and a few other mates and they all agreed with me! so i then looked and saw every single one of these guys were in the same guild, i then realised these guys all were in on it and jibbed me so they could sell it for some cash! i wasnt 100% sure and when a intelect epic ring dropped (wat are the chances of that) a mage needed it and got it, now i complaint and said wtf y could he need and not me and they pulled bunches of excuses..

my advice: if any item better then urs and is set for ur class drops and people say "greed it! dont be a ninja!" it is actually them who is being a ninja wanting it for the money not to use it.. do not listen to them and need it! i know for a fact that a ring that good is never gonna drop again and i just missed out on one of the best rings in game.. gg

Comments

• nero0102nero0102 Member Posts: 74
    This is why I never grouped with people based just on their guild.

If its 4 people in one guild and I was the 5th, I would never go.  Plain and simple.

If it's 2 people from 1 guild I would make sure there was at least one other person I knew in the group, or that I was the group leader so I could master loot.

The whole BoE/BoP thing is a spectacular failure, in that they failed to stop the thing they were trying to (twinking).

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449

Originally posted by Aseenus

i was doing ubrs for some mats and some gold and an epic ring dropped, this ring was set for a warrior and i was the only warrior in the party, now this ring was bloody awsome! it beats any AV reward ring any day, i was just about to need it and they all screamed "GREED GREED no one ninja and need it !! greed!!" after fighting with them for a bit i greeded and lost it.. it went to a priest, it was a bind when equipt ring.. now i thought to myself scince when can a warrior not need a warrior item so i kept fighting with them! then i decided to ask my guild and a few other mates and they all agreed with me! so i then looked and saw every single one of these guys were in the same guild, i then realised these guys all were in on it and jibbed me so they could sell it for some cash! i wasnt 100% sure and when a intelect epic ring dropped (wat are the chances of that) a mage needed it and got it, now i complaint and said wtf y could he need and not me and they pulled bunches of excuses..
    my advice: if any item better then urs and is set for ur class drops and people say "greed it! dont be a ninja!" it is actually them who is being a ninja wanting it for the money not to use it.. do not listen to them and need it! i know for a fact that a ring that good is never gonna drop again and i just missed out on one of the best rings in game.. gg

before that dude would've been ABLE to say anything i'd have needed and been like "um, warrior ring, i'm a warrior".   rules are, if you need a boe, you have to equip right there.  yeah, you were in a pug full of asshats.

which is reason number 5, 657, 432 for not playing a raiding game (wow in particular).

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

look guys maybe u guys dont understand wat im saying ><

once ur level 60, on ur server if u ninja anything at all.. good luck finding another group for anything! reason is because at 60 people take junk much more serious and at 60 everyone knows one another.. if i was to ninja it i would have been F^&*'ed on my server u get me? usually wat majority says goes, if more then half the people in ur party/raid say something it usually works that way.. the warnining im giving u guys is make sure u dont listen to people if there all in the same guild.. guild members make up there own rules just so they win in the end, get me ?

• DabbleDabble Member Posts: 1,043

no you wouldn't of.

It wouldn't of been ninjaing.

You are a Warrior, and you rolled on a Warrior ring that was better than what you had equiped.

If this guild went to the realm forums to bitch about you, I guarntee you that 90% of the community would be on your side.  If not?  Your community is poo poo.

Originally posted by Dabble

no you wouldn't of.
    It wouldn't of been ninjaing.
    You are a Warrior, and you rolled on a Warrior ring that was better than what you had equiped.
    If this guild went to the realm forums to bitch about you, I guarntee you that 90% of the community would be on your side.  If not?  Your community is poo poo.

lol u made me laugh irl... coz ur so wrong!!!!!! y? ill tell u y

the rest of the stuff u said was right but the

"I guarntee you that 90% of the community would be on your side.  If not?  Your community is poo poo."

that is wrong as hell... do u know y? have a guess?

WoW community in every single server is poo poo lol all little kids who type 5 letters a minuite posting on forums and spamming in city's :) so not only my servers community but all servers are "poo poo" :)

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822
    While every community may be ass....most would have still agreed. You need, you roll need. The only people who ever bitch about not rolling need on a boe ...are the ones looking to profit off it. I would have rolled need unless it was agreed upon before the raid started to do that. Otherwise , people are just making up the rules as they went along to suit themselves.
  • DabbleDabble Member Posts: 1,043

Originally posted by Bama1267

While every community may be ass....most would have still agreed. You need, you roll need. The only people who ever bitch about not rolling need on a boe ...are the ones looking to profit off it. I would have rolled need unless it was agreed upon before the raid started to do that. Otherwise , people are just making up the rules as they went along to suit themselves.
    agreed!

And I disagree that all realms have crappy communitees. Some are better than others sure. but they all don't stink.
  • OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894
    Roll need on all BoEs in PUGs.

"I need to sell this."

It may seem anal but it's a good idea to make sure that everyone in the group is on the same page before you head out. Ask how they want to do loot. Ask who gets to roll on BoE rare/epics. It takes a few seconds to say, "How are we doing loot? Need before greed or everyone roll need on any rares?"  (Note everyone should roll need not greed or else ninjaing / mistakes can happen.)

• nero0102nero0102 Member Posts: 74
    Ninjaing isnt as bad as it might seem, ive seen many ninjas make it into the best raiding guilds for their equipment.

I've already learned from others experiences in being with a group of others who are all in the same guild.

A druid friend went to UBRS for the skin of the wild, and the leader turned on master loot as soon as it was skinned and it dropped, so he gave it to his rogue friend without any discussion.  And then called my friend a loot whore, which is wildly hypocritic since this is a raiding guild, and that rogue already had an epic cloak.

So basically don't group in a Pug unless its a true pug.  Or else you have to be prepared to fight for what you want, including rolling need even if they say greed it.

I did that with the lifestone once when I was like 59 (Warrior), everyone wanted to take it and sell it, I only had 1 trinket so I wanted to use it. 

Usually people hearth out of the group if you screw them over on loot, with good reason.

• HubabubaHubabuba Member Posts: 229

And this is why you find a guild and avoid doing PUGs.

The WoW community may be a bit lacking, but once you find a good guild you generally don't have to deal with greedy jerkoffs.

• 92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904
    Unless its a good friend or guildie, why the hell would you respect them? There is no such thing as blacklisting, guilds are not going to tell other guilds that you are a ninja if in fact you really needed the item. In any case I don't see what epic ring could have dropped thats better then the AV ring. If you were just in a group then that was probably some of the BRS instances? I cant think of anything that could be better then the pvp ring from AV that would not be from any 20+ man instances. 

i still find it so anoying that loot is such a main factor in a lot of games!

i would like to see a game where people dont fight over loot and they fight over something else..

• HubabubaHubabuba Member Posts: 229

Originally posted by Aseenus

i still find it so anoying that loot is such a main factor in a lot of games!
    i would like to see a game where people dont fight over loot and they fight over something else..

If loot has anything to do with the ability of your character then its only natural that people will want the best loot.  If you don't want to fight over loot then maybe you'd like something like Eve.