Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need or Greed

joereed1joereed1 Member Posts: 140

I play WOW with a good friend of mine (in real life) regularly, he has a druid i have a mage. He also has a Warrior on the same server that he plays on his own. We usually give stuff to each others toons including the warrior, no big deal. The other day we found an epic (purple) shield while questing with the mage and druid, and he asked if he could "need" it for his warrior. I complained, we rolled and i won. I felt really bad and posted it to his warrior later.

My question is what would you do?

Basicly it's greed on my behalf for complaining and wanting the gold from the sale of the shield, but is it on to "need" in this situation for a toon you're not playing at the time, with an item so rare? I'm in a losing situation whatever, i feel guilty if i keep it now, but i feel unfairly treated if i don't.

Comments

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844
    if he was a mate of mine i would let him get it.. if it was some random guy i would force him to greed.. if he didnt listen and needed it then to be even i would need it as well! simple :)
  • xuinashaxuinasha Member Posts: 117

Originally posted by joereed1

I play WOW with a good friend of mine (in real life) regularly, he has a druid i have a mage. He also has a Warrior on the same server that he plays on his own. We usually give stuff to each others toons including the warrior, no big deal. The other day we found an epic (purple) shield while questing with the mage and druid, and he asked if he could "need" it for his warrior. I complained, we rolled and i won. I felt really bad and posted it to his warrior later.
    Basicly it's greed on my behalf for complaining and wanting the gold from the sale of the shield, but is it on to "need" in this situation for a toon you're not playing at the time, with an item so rare? I'm in a losing situation whatever, i feel guilty if i keep it now, but i feel unfairly treated if i don't.

..lol people say they "want/need" for there other character but tis stupid.. since its your friend.. you need to podner afew things..
    1.does he play his warrior alot
    2.is his warrior even enar that level
    3.does he even have anything better then the shield.
    4.has he really even gave you stuff?
    other stuff to say.. or resolv.e.
    sell the epic shield.. epics are dam well overated and shoudl be stupidely just ignored.. droppable epics that is..
    ..jsut sell it then split the gold 50/50..nobody is being or is being greedy.
    otherwise.. you would only give the warrior a shield if he tanks when around lvl 30+..which not even bare to hassle with...

• paravionparavion Member Posts: 422

friend...let him have but make sure he equips it. WOW friend...greed it..and if he wins force him to equip it.

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449

Originally posted by joereed1

does he give you purples?  i've played with a few offline friends and whenever GOOD stuff comes up that one of us will use, whichever toon would use it gets it.  if it's something that'll get sold, well, the gold just gets passed around back and forth between all of us (whomever really wants something at the time gets whatever gold from the rest), so it's a non issue there as well.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• HubabubaHubabuba Member Posts: 229
    Greed, thats the problem of most MMOs, everybody is looking out for themselves and and oh so ready to give anybody the finger when it comes to loot.  I always blamed this on the anonymity of MMOs, but when friends are taking loot they can't use over friends who can use it....well, it makes me glad I'm not one of your friends.
  • SonofSethSonofSeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,884

Hahahahahahaha....

Ah, good one, thanks OP, I had a realy nice laugh!