Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rogue tips...

wowkrazywowkrazy Member Posts: 59
accepting random rogue tips...

411 W1LL F34R JBUNNY!

Comments

• RufiusRufius Member Posts: 2,031

A weapon that can stun at all is worth getting even if the dps is crap. Some rogues learn they can stun then sprint away and use stealth again.

Professor Hubert Farnsworth - That question is less stupid but, you asked it in a profoundly stupid way.

• BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117

Carry around 2 swords and a dagger.

When you go into stealth switch to your dagger and do ambush or backstab they cause a good amount of damage. Then when you're out of stealth and doing the normal thing switch the dagger out for your other sword. This can be made easier by clicking and dragging the 3 weapons into an action bar and clicking on the weapon you want to equip. Just a note: The dagger will always switch into your main hand wich is where it needs to be for backstand or ambush. When you get ambush you can switch it out with backstab in your stealth mode. With backstab put it in your action bar when your NOT stealthed so you can do gouge, put on your dagger, and do a backstab.

• beautyisinbeautyisin Member Posts: 405

buy the company or roll another class.

• AfritAfrit Member Posts: 288
    Make sure you take care with your talents. A rogue with a good talent build can completely wipe out a rogue with a bad talent build.

• HarutoHaruto Member Posts: 175
    Remember to build your talants around what you want to do. If you are going dagger rogue you want alot of assassination with some combat and your subtelty. If you are going sword you will get alot more use out of the combat tree. Feel free to experiment and look over the builds posted in the rogue forum at WoW main site.

Eve Online, a world of infinite possibility. Click here for an extended Trial
    Dark-Wind Its War on Wheels!

• DarraessDarraess Member Posts: 59
    In PvP
    The better weapons you have the better you will be.
    Remember most classes out there can kill you with one or two shots, don't give them the chance to do so.
    The only class you can kill in one or two shots is mages and even that not reliably enough, don't try any other.
    You see a warlock, pretend you didnt and walk the other way.
    You see a shadow priest pray a friendly warlock is around the corner.
    Use alot of of potions, with the proper potion you can have a chance against almost all classes.
    Be an Alchemist - Herbalist

In PvE don't worry about anything else then doing damage.
    Backstab - Backstab - Feint - Backstab - Backstab - Backstab - Eviscerate - Feint.
    If the rest of the group are noobs and can't keep a mob still then fuck Backstab dont even try it you are wasting time.
    Use Bombs Un-Goro crystals to add a bit of aoe damage to your Damage Meters.
    Use alot of Potions there are quite a few that help increasing your damage output dramaticaly.
    Rogues can be top at damage output don't believe anyone saying diferently.
    Be an Alchemist - Herbalist

• ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783
    reroll.
    Oh and make sure all...or most of your items give you +agility
  • AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844
    re roll another class... rogues arnt for starters! rogues are for allready experianced players to have fun rolling another class, rogues arnt easy! u might get to 60.. u might be full epiced... even after all that hard work u could still be a noob rogue! beleive me ;)

Originally posted by Aseenus
    re roll another class... rogues arnt for starters! rogues are for allready experianced players to have fun rolling another class, rogues arnt easy! u might get to 60.. u might be full epiced... even after all that hard work u could still be a noob rogue! beleive me ;)

Accually for rogues it's just spam SS and do eviserate and kidney shot. Kinda...
  • AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

Originally posted by BobCrazyton

Accually for rogues it's just spam SS and do eviserate and kidney shot. Kinda...

if your using SS, Evis as a rogue for pvp... quit wow.. quit wow now!

You know SS means sinister strike right? You probably do. Now why is that so bad? it's the only useful move that gives you combo points. Unless you get better moves at higher levels. I'm only 43.
  • xuinashaxuinasha Member Posts: 117

You know SS means sinister strike right? You probably do. Now why is that so bad? it's the only useful move that gives you combo points. Unless you get better moves at higher levels. I'm only 43.

SS,evis = sininster strike + eviscrate = PvE....
    not for PvP.... when you PvP...you pretty much rely on stealth..your posions,and materials *blind*,etc,etc,

• DarcwanderDarcwander Member Posts: 39
    Okay the rogue is a weak class and that is a little bit of an  understatement. However I think I play mine fairly well this also being my main. By far the rogue is the easist class to level and very fun to. Rogues have unmatched style and class also. Some tips would be always go for a good dagger and always have poisons on for the right situation. This means if some thing or some one will run away from you use your crippling poisons. If you are dueling another rogue make sure to add dots (deadly poison is a helper).

One thing I love is blade flury because you can do so much damage to two targets. Build up your combos and then activate then hit evis and then you will be good. Also gouge and bandage if you are ever in trouble (imp gouge).

I am hoping that blizz will give us rogues some good buggs in 1.12 but the odds are against us ever being a stong class.

• HubabubaHubabuba Member Posts: 229
    The rogue class is highly overpopulated, dont play one, you'll have a much easier time finding a good guild playing an under populated class like druid or warlock
  • AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362
    Rogues are only overpopulated on PvP servers. On my PvE server we don't have a problem with rogues. Hunters on the other hand are overpopulated everywhere.

Howerver the poster is right that it will be easier to find a group with an under populated class, although the easiest to find a group with is definitely priest.

• AfritAfrit Member Posts: 288
    Yeah, Rogues are overpopulated on some servers. The server i play on however, seems to lack them. In the 10-20 Warsong Gulch Battlegrounds i have only once seen a Rogue on the Alliance side, out of the 10 times ive played it.