Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Playing EQ2 again

92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904
I want to come back to EQ2 after my computer gets fixed. Ive been playing WoW and have two level 60s with no good gear, so basically its more like having a lvl 30. When I played EQ2 I had a 34 Berserker and 23 Swashbuckler which I both enjoyed, although I really didn't know how the swashy was going to be like later.

So when I come back I want to make a new character most likely on a PvP server but I'm not sure yet. But I need some help on what class to make since I know alot has changed. Here are things I want from a class.

*Medium-high dps.
*Can have a playing style (not just smashing buttons).
*Is very fun to play.
*Can look cool at end game (I know this is dumb but it matters for my for some reason.)
*Can be from Freeport.

Thats really it. I don't really want to play a tank since I already have, and I don't like low dps classes. So out of experience or knowledge any help would be great. I'm really excited to start playing EQ2 again, it was actually fun leveling not tedious.

Comments

• ObadnoObadno Member Posts: 401

You my friend want:

A shadowknight- Shadowknights are Malevolent crusaders who wreak fear, hate , and despair upon all who would oppose them, In addition to their Formidable martial skills shadoknights conjure dark magic with which they can enhance their abilities and drain away the life force of their enemies.

http://everquest2.station.sony.com/en/main.vm#professionShadowknight  (picture of SK in lvl 20 quest armour)

Assassin-THe assassin is the master of sinister strikes and opportunistic attacks, exceptionally skilled at surprising unwitting opponents, they strike suddenly and inflict massive damage.  Assassins are known for using Deadly poisins to debilitate their targets befor finishing them off.

http://everquest2.station.sony.com/en/main.vm#professionAssassin (picture of assasin in lvl 20 quest gear)

Both classes look really cool at 60 and better at 60, these classes are also very popular and not really in short supply, The shadowknight is a tank with good dps but his main job in a group is to take damage, for the assassin grouping is about making tons of damage, but he will die faster with enemies

Both can used ranged wepons.

for all profesions

http://everquest2.station.sony.com/en/main.vm#professionsMain

The new EQ2, better than ever befor !
    don't click this link...

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,080
    Or a Bruiser

• 92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904
    Well I don't want to tank. I have played a tank before and almost every mmo I have played ive been a tank roll.

What about classes like Wizard and Necro, do they do good dps? I am sure wizard does but not sure on necro. Main thing im looking for is a fun class to play that isn't just button smashing.

• KindleKindle Member Posts: 68

You may have the most fun with a Mage class of Necromancer/Conjurer or Scout class of Troubador/Dirge.

The pet classes are a technically challenging way to fight, as you manage your pets agro, your own agro, and agro of other party members.  It is very versitile and is a utility class with many party buffs and special abililties that others envy.  Conjurers are more group encounter oriented, while Necros are more deadly against solo mobs.

The Bards are fun due to the vast amount of potential buffs at your fingertips.  I am always changing songs based on the situation and need.  You can also use stuns to temporarily immobilize your opponent while leaping behind it to unleash a special rear attack.  These are also a utility class.

You could try several different classes to find one that you like.  The bottom line is always to have fun above all.

Kindle - 68 Erudite Conjurer - Najena - Officer and Recruiter, Foundation Guild
    Server Index

Well I played an enchanter in EQ2 and I loved the pet/nuke combo that equaled out to alot of damage. Also I liked the buffs like clarity and the huge one I can't remember.

I like group/solo so I always get steady exp if I can't find a group. Going to be Freeport since my last char was Qeynos. So most likely I will go necro, they have always seemed interesting. 

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Originally posted by 9216544
    Well I played an enchanter in EQ2 and I loved the pet/nuke combo that equaled out to alot of damage. Also I liked the buffs like clarity and the huge one I can't remember.

I like group/solo so I always get steady exp if I can't find a group. Going to be Freeport since my last char was Qeynos. So most likely I will go necro, they have always seemed interesting. 

Become a dirge.Not high dmg but very group friendly,fun to play and u don't have to tank!
  • OpenGLOpenGL Member Posts: 8
    Glad your coming back, a lot has changed.

Started playing today. Made a necro and I just hit 14. It's been really fun and i think the new quests are alot better and more organized, less zoning as well. I'm on a really shitty comp right now waiting for my computer to get fixed, so its been quite laggy. But it is still playable.

I'm on Antonia Bayle, name is Asheava. Having a great time!  

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Thought you wanted a pvp server?

Decided not to. For an alt I will play on a PvP server, but for now I just want to try getting a high level as a main.