Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats the difference between GW and GW factions?

FantasyRulzFantasyRulz Member Posts: 10
Yeh Ummmm... whats the difference between guild wars and guild wars factions, apart from the fact that guild wars factions costs more does it have sumthin to do with more jobs or sumthin

Comments

• paranoidpvpparanoidpvp Member Posts: 539

Guild wars factions is simply the second installment of the guildwars series. There are two additional classes to the original six and alot more skills. It costs more because it is newer... simple as that! If you have a guildwars account you can add a guildwars factions key to your account and get two new character slots as well as more than double the game content. Guild wars factions also allows you to level up more quickly as it is designed to get you into the better parts of the game asap! Hope that helps, any other questions just post.

• FantasyRulzFantasyRulz Member Posts: 10
    sweet! thank you

• DarklordSOALDarklordSOAL Member Posts: 5
    Sorry but just to be clear, I can get GW factions and it will have all the new content and the same stuff in the original GW? I just wanted to verify that its not your traditional expansion where I need both. And that I would not be losing out on anything by just getting GW factions.
  • HelldogHelldog Member Posts: 169

Nope, prophecies (the original guildwars) contains more quests and different areas. Also might have some better highlvl grind areas (for money/skills at endgame).

Both can be played alone, or together.

I think u can play Factions no problem, u can always see later if u really need some stuff from prophecies...

• BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117
    New skills, classes,and a new story...
  • ChessackChessack Member Posts: 978
    GW and GW factions are two separate, stand-alone games, like COH and COV are. You can play one without the other.

Each game has its own unique content though -- GW has the Ascalon/Kryta/etc storyline and area, and Factions has the Asian-themed area (forget the name). If you want to play both campaigns, and explore both areas, you need both games. If you want them on the same account, you can add the key of the 2nd you buy to the first account, and then when you fire up the game, you can play either/or at will.

C

• DarklordSOALDarklordSOAL Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by Chessack
    GW and GW factions are two separate, stand-alone games, like COH and COV are. You can play one without the other.

Each game has its own unique content though -- GW has the Ascalon/Kryta/etc storyline and area, and Factions has the Asian-themed area (forget the name). If you want to play both campaigns, and explore both areas, you need both games. If you want them on the same account, you can add the key of the 2nd you buy to the first account, and then when you fire up the game, you can play either/or at will.

C

Thank you very much. That is the answer I was looking for.
  • AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

in simple format

- 2 new classes
    - more skills/quests/missions/npcs/items
    - new land (cantha) old one being (tyria)
    - new pvp battles

not much of an expantion but its still pretty good :P

• acdcgameracdcgamer Member Posts: 3
    well the reason why factions cost more is because its newer, it doesnt have to be better (i think its better) but basically the difference between the two is that the old one you unlocked more skills, but it was more of a grind to get to the top level, but the newer one you level relaly quick (you can reach the highest level in the same day u started if you know what your doing). another difference is that the npcs drop more money then the old guild wars, I think because you need alot more money to unlock more skills that you cant unlock if you were playing factions rather then guild wars. Factions also added more skills and two new professions to the game. Factions also brought a more pvp aspect of the game. Those are the only differences that I see between these two games

• blybzzerblybzzer Member Posts: 9

I got both, and the combination is good.. It is definately the money worth!! And the game itself is funny and you get to know people very fast in the game!

One of my favourites

blybzzer

• DizzyJokerDizzyJoker Member Posts: 10
    If someone (me) were going to buy the game soon (today) would you recommend GW or GW Factions?  It seems to me that you might as well get factions rather than prophecies for the extra professions, if anything. 
  • rockin_uforockin_ufo Member UncommonPosts: 378

I got 1 question can ppl in GW factions interact with GW ppl?

Whenever i step outside, somebody claims to see the light
    It seems to me that all of us have lost our patience.
    'cause everyone thinks they're right,
    And nobody thinks that there just might
    Be more than one road to our final destination--

Originally posted by rockin_ufo

I got 1 question can ppl in GW factions interact with GW ppl?

Yes, you can meet in the PvP arenas as well as guild halls and communicate through personal messaging and friends lists. However if you want to meet and do PvE together one of you will have to have a copy of both games. For example... You friend only own the original guildwars and you only own guildwars: factions, you will not be able to meet eachother to do PvE. However, if your friend has GW and GWF and you only have GWF, you can meet in cantha (the gwf continent) and PvE together.

• wishbone10wishbone10 Member Posts: 36
    how do you add the game key? so you can play both i mean cuase i bought the orginial GW not factions so how do i add the factions key to my original GW

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pr0n surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of 'hot XXX galore'. While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, "'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!"..... Quoth the server, 404

• ColinSColinS Member Posts: 33

I Got GWF yesterday pretty gd ::::01::

• FreshrockFreshrock Member Posts: 9
    Granted the fact that Factions adds 2 new classes, would I still be able to play as a Monk or Necro if I only purchase Factions? Coz I am new and deciding if I should get the original GW or Factions. Thankie for ya assistance! 

Originally posted by wishbone10
    how do you add the game key? so you can play both i mean cuase i bought the orginial GW not factions so how do i add the factions key to my original GW

If you buy factions you will login to your NORMAL gw account, go to manage access keys, go to add access key and add the cd key you find in guild wars factions box, or the key supplied if you buy online form plaync. This will add two new character slots to your existing account and give all your characters full access to both tyria and cantha. (First you have to do the quests to bring a character from tyria to cantha and visa versa)