Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Downtime in Lineage II

reavoreavo Member Posts: 2,173
How is the downtime in Lineage II?  I'm talking about the time it takes to med up after a fight, mana and such.

Comments

• Username!Username! Member Posts: 165
    Depends.

I, for my warrior, have this skill that takes mp and makes me regain hp quicker which makes it pretty quick for me. It is not that long though.

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Depends on your class.

As an experienced meleer I have about zero downtime. Casters have a lot more downtime because of the mana.

It takes me alot longer to kill mobs (and thus more expensive) but I'm about indestructable while I'm out on a solo grind run.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Actually, depending on what class you play and what lvl their can be a lot of downtime.

Lower lvl mages have to wait for their mana to regen and that means a lot of sitting. No way around that if you are a new player. As you get up in lvls their are better mana management tools and some healers can regen your mana. I play a spellhowler and we get some of the best mana management tools in the game. Contrary to thet, an Elven nuker does have a bit of waiting to do even at higher lvls.

As for fighters... well that depends. Many people keep trying to kill mob of higher and higher lvl in order to get more xp so that they can lvl up faster. Problem with that is that you will be resting more or spending your money on health potions becuase those mobs will be taking bigger and bigger bites out of you.

The idea is to kill mobs that you can mow through quickly but that give you less xp. This way they don't do significant damage so you can fight longer. and because they are quick to kill you get more xp over time.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • jhall229jhall229 Member Posts: 239

To futher show the variety of classes and ways to play: I have a 54 orc destroyer with 5.7k HP with my sword and my buff.  Some place I can go solo and there is hardly any downtime as long as I have healing pots (they are pretty cheap).  I may rest every 20 minutes for about 5 mins.

• KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787
    As a caster you will need to rest, at lower levels, once every 30-40 mins depending on whether you have the newbie assist buffs active.  To regen mana takes between 3 and 7 minutes at lower levels, and then when you advance you have better mana management abilities to help reduce downtime somewhat.

Originally posted by jhall229

To futher show the variety of classes and ways to play: I have a 54 orc destroyer with 5.7k HP with my sword and my buff.  Some place I can go solo and there is hardly any downtime as long as I have healing pots (they are pretty cheap).  I may rest every 20 minutes for about 5 mins.

As a DA I have almost no down time as I have a heal and a life drain, between the 2 and the ocassional heal potion, it brings it to about zero.

I'm plotting my return.

However I think I will start a new toon when I return. I have no taste for casters because the are to frail for my taste.

How is the Destroyer? They are primarily 2 handed, how do they compare to a DA?

either that or I was thinking I would jump on the archer bandwagon.

Maybe even bring my Dwarf up. I really want to use a seige golem. I like the Dwarf's durability in PvE but Im not to crazy about their vulnerability in PvP.

Originally posted by Torak

However I think I will start a new toon when I return. I have no taste for casters because the are to frail for my taste.
    How is the Destroyer? They are primarily 2 handed, how do they compare to a DA?
    either that or I was thinking I would jump on the archer bandwagon.
    Maybe even bring my Dwarf up. I really want to use a seige golem. I like the Dwarf's durability in PvE but Im not to crazy about their vulnerability in PvP.

The destroyer is fun, although we are not designed for PVP.  I wouldnt worry about using 2 handed until b grade.  Until then you can get a good polearm and lvl a lot faster.  But for PVP sake I went back to 2 handed even though I would still lose to an archer or mage.  One thing I still dont understand about the game is why the toon that looks much stronger than any other toon isnt, and yes I am talking about an orc.  But there are some neat things you can do with tattoos such as -con +str +dex.  I am currently looking into that.  Orcs do stand out though.  There arent many of us on my server (gustin).  We have some good skills we can use when HP get low and we really own all (if we can catch them).  Although we have the most HP by far, we have nothing to hate monsters with so we arent tanks in the sense that your DA is.  With a nice 2h sword and heavy armor, orcs really look cool though.

The destroyer is fun, although we are not designed for PVP.  I wouldnt worry about using 2 handed until b grade.  Until then you can get a good polearm and lvl a lot faster.  But for PVP sake I went back to 2 handed even though I would still lose to an archer or mage.  One thing I still dont understand about the game is why the toon that looks much stronger than any other toon isnt, and yes I am talking about an orc.  But there are some neat things you can do with tattoos such as -con +str +dex.  I am currently looking into that.  Orcs do stand out though.  There arent many of us on my server (gustin).  We have some good skills we can use when HP get low and we really own all (if we can catch them).  Although we have the most HP by far, we have nothing to hate monsters with so we arent tanks in the sense that your DA is.  With a nice 2h sword and heavy armor, orcs really look cool though.

There is an Orc on our server, I believe his name is russiansoldier maybe? He uses 2 handed weapons. In the field, the guy attacks anyone not in his own guild. He only grouped with his own guild and would run off anyone not invited. The guy is not only fearless but rarely gets killed.

It was always best to leave him alone.

• Rad_RooferRad_Roofer Member Posts: 153

An archer would own that orc.

---------------------------------------------
    http://www.simulatedsports.com

http://www.hattrick.org

...I would still lose to an archer or mage...

And its down right unfair if you ask me.

• XanchraXanchra Member Posts: 2

a Silver Ranger or Phantom Ranger do Spank the orcs

Pure hit and Run

Xanchra 75 Phantom Ranger
    Xanctra 62 Spellsinger
    XanDwarf 58 Bounty Hunter
    FaytesDesire 56 HawkEye

• geigamegeigame Member Posts: 10
    oh..........................................
  • CoeNLCoeNL Member Posts: 43
    Mmm...Overlord has good stun 'n has good attack, dunno. Hard to own a Overlord, but run nd hit must do it.