Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best "free-to-play-forever" MMORPG game?

2»

Comments

• FelipeeFelipee Member Posts: 13
    Well Im in the same situation...
    I like games style like... Runescape and Ultima Online that are not only fight and fight have other skills to balance the game... but Id like one like that with some changes and better graphics but couldnt find...
    One that I liked but didnt have those things was Priston Tale... but after lvl 40 have to pay...
    Now Im trying some new games
    Cabal Online - Im playing now and it is Ok until now... Im lvl 20 in there right now... (closed beta u just register and wait like 2, 3 days to receive account)

Im looking for others because cabal will be p2p but couldnt find until now...

• DeletedAcctDeletedAcct Member Posts: 883

You can play for free as long as you want on the newb island in Saga of Ryzom. Heh, the islands bigger than some games:) I know its not what you wanted as far as a free forever full-game, but you should check it out. Especially if you want something besides just combat. Harvesting, crafting, fighting, magic and it's skill based instead of levels. You choose how to play your character and what you want them to specialize in. Or you can learn everything. Whatever you want to do or learn, you can. The graphics are fantastic with full weather/ seasons/ day and night/ etc. The vegetation and trees even sway with the wind. And the AI is great: creatures eat/sleep/ travel in large thundering herds and do not all stay in there own little area all the time. Just wait til a yubo comes up, sniffs you, stands on it's back legs and paws the air at you like it's waving:) You gotta see it to believe it, so give it a try. You may decide a game is worth paying for after all or you can just have alot of fun in the free area. Nothing to lose and some fun times to be had:)

• NarkionOGNarkionOG Member UncommonPosts: 211

Originally posted by Zorvan

You can play for free as long as you want on the newb island in Saga of Ryzom. Heh, the islands bigger than some games:) I know its not what you wanted as far as a free forever full-game, but you should check it out. Especially if you want something besides just combat. Harvesting, crafting, fighting, magic and it's skill based instead of levels. You choose how to play your character and what you want them to specialize in. Or you can learn everything. Whatever you want to do or learn, you can. The graphics are fantastic with full weather/ seasons/ day and night/ etc. The vegetation and trees even sway with the wind. And the AI is great: creatures eat/sleep/ travel in large thundering herds and do not all stay in there own little area all the time. Just wait til a yubo comes up, sniffs you, stands on it's back legs and paws the air at you like it's waving:) You gotta see it to believe it, so give it a try. You may decide a game is worth paying for after all or you can just have alot of fun in the free area. Nothing to lose and some fun times to be had:)

i played SoR about a month ago, Loved it, but considering im subscribed to eq eq2 wow and eve right now i think ill wait till im done with eq2.. but all in all the game was amazing, loved all the things you can do from just forgining all day or going out an exploring one of the most underrated games. also L2 is much better since c3, ill admit, the grind is horrible but i cant really play games that dont take up my time when im bored, wow just doesnt do it

CurrentlyPlaying:League Of Draaaven.
    "this site needs a graveyard forum for us to mourn."

• dozer002dozer002 Member Posts: 37
    have u tried flyff or hero online? i think these are the best free mmorpgs atm.

Flyff -- flyff.gpotato.com

Heroonline -- hero.netgame.com

H3/\/I $/\MP0

• Nimr0d23Nimr0d23 Member Posts: 58

Originally posted by Zorvan

Oh, maybe that's the game what I need. :)

I like Entropia Project because you can do everything (mining, hunting, crafting, trading), but the graphic is poor, the weather is the same everywhere (some places it's cloudy or have fog, oh well) and hard to get anywhere if not depositing. Btw, thank's for the tip, I think I'll try Ryzom too.
  • j03s0m3b0dyj03s0m3b0dy Member Posts: 40
    Hero Online is by far the best F2p game have i have played so far in all the mmorpg games that i have played and beat many times. you should check it out. seach hero online on google and you'll find their main official site. Ch ch check it out now. 

• johnkimblepdjohnkimblepd Member Posts: 6
    i havent tried hero online yet, but a buddy of mine show it to me and it seems pretty good. im going to try it out and let you all know!

I'm a cop, you idiot!

• JodandoJodando Member Posts: 280
    Oh shoot. It's Detective John Kimble! He's a cop, you idiot!

Yeah... I like the game a lot, too. And I don't have to sit at the computer for HOURS on end just to make the most of my monthly fee. Monthly fee? What monthly fee? Bwahaha.

• Rayth3onRayth3on Member UncommonPosts: 146

If you tried CO and you liked it, thers no other game like Co, I tried looking for it but the way CO is set other games don't got it.... wait for one of the new games I guess everything out right now gets boring fast.

• doodo412doodo412 Member Posts: 14

Originally posted by LoRd_VeNuS

Any suggestions?
    My criteria:
    -good gaming community
    -at least 2D graphics
    -entertaining background music and sounds
    -loads of engaging quests
    -fun pvp/guild warring
    -plenty of non-combat activities (e.g. mining, fishing, cooking, etc)
    -most importantly ... free-to-play-forever

maybe you should try GoonZu, i just started myself, not really sure about the game yet

but it's 2D and looks pretty good with some weird investing or buying stuff

GoonZu

• kakashi93kakashi93 Member Posts: 6
    if u ask me you are looking for runescape its completely free unless u want to be a member (highly sugjested) which is 5 or 6 bucks a month all in all its not a bad game
  • xuinashaxuinasha Member Posts: 117

Originally posted by tigris67
    How is Ferentus? It seems interesting, never even really looked at it before. Is it point and click or WASD controlls? Also, will beta characters carry over into release? just wondering.

http://www.ferentus.com/main.php?p=download

thats the url.
    its .in progress......
    IMO, its not  all that great, poor world design 3-d graphics..
    but the gameplay is somewhat fun..
    not alto of peopel to talk to
    very confusing..no guide to help you around.
    i dont know of any quests either..
    NPC's just repeat 1 shrot paragraph..or sentence
    such as,"leave me alone!,cant you see I am busy!?"
     :P

On another basis,
    try maplestory..
    http://mapleglobal.com
    use internet explorer.
    the game is addicting but dont be to addicted or you lose interest fast,
    but has a good amount of quests, my advice if you do play.
    dont go to any populated server. :)

• felipe_pffelipe_pf Member Posts: 1

Guess you should try Space Cowboys

Its a hole differente game, instead of a medieval char u have a plane......like a turbo plane, where u can buy items, weps, gears, engines...... and the hole game is based com Nation Wars, where both nations fight each other for the territory domain. Cant explain it, because its too different from others

http://sco.gpotato.com/

it worth a shoot

i still say runescape is for u have u tried it yet?
  • samtazsamtaz Member Posts: 1
    What about planeshift?

It is quite a good game but is still in development. But that is the fun of it because they are adding things all the time and there are always new places to explore. The other day they just added a new region and everything. It's really cool check it out:

[url]http://www.planeshift.it[/url]
    yah i think il try planeshift it sounds cool
  • KaMiKKaMiK Member Posts: 34

I dont understand why people want free games... If you want content, you have to pay for it. Of course i'm talking about good content, good graphic, updates, bug and exploit fixes... Even at 15$ per month's that's only 50cent per day... Go rent a movie? 3$ for 1 day, buy a cofee 1$ go buy a pepsi can another dollar... Just set your priority straight or get a job if you cant afford the payment. Sorry about ranting.

Anarchy-Online ive payed for and played since launch until early 2005 and it was an awsome game, Seriously for a free game, you cant ask for much more than anarchy has to offer.

Planetside is also another good game, even at BR6 you can still make multiple characters if you want to do lots of things, like one char is for air, the other one a tank driver and your third char is an all grunt tower whore character. Of course i have a BR25 CR5 character in that game too but the point is for free games, those 2 are very good.

Cya and have fun!

Lol man...
    First - My mother wouldnt let me pay to play a game...
    and... Spending monthly money to a game I think like a waste of money I sometimes cant buy something that I like to eat because of my money and I will waste this on games that I just play once in a while.
    Second - it is this price per day... imagine if you play only 1 time in the month?!

If the games were like 3$ I think if it is good I would pay... because like I live in Brazil and $1 dollar is more than the currency in here... so I have to pay like more money in here than you guys pay... something like that...

Like I play warcraft (in BNET) once in a while I just bought it and dont need to keep paying monthly... so that kind of game I approve... like guild wars too... but it is not my case Im looking for a good MMORPG (and guild wars they dont sell here and I wont buy anyway I cant explain why)

But for now Im playing Hero Online... XD

• HelldogHelldog Member Posts: 169

Originally posted by LoRd_VeNuS

Anarchy Online --> free till January 2007
    Shadowbane --> mostly pvp? i will get bored soon :P
    Silkroad  --> tried and it has pretty demanding requirements and very lagged up but good graphics
    Runescape --> LOL
    I would love something like Conquer Online but with more non-combat stuff like its gem mining. Anyone know bout the new Dragon Raja?

u are too demanding!

u don't want to P2P, even in the P2P market there are no games that can statisfy your requirements imho
    Try some beta testing games... Im like you searchign for a good free game
    Names you can try:

Hero Online
    Cabal Online
    Last Chaos