Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which type of server should I play?

LithorenLithoren Member Posts: 18
Hey everyone. I'm gonna be starting DAoC soon, and I was wondering which type of server I should play. On one hand, I want to experience classic RvR, but I also like the idea of master levels and the artifact items. Which do you think would be better for a newbie to start on? Also, how long does it take to get to 50? Also, should I play the European servers or the American? I live in England, but I heard the European version of DAoC is dead.. Could just be a rumour.. Anyway,thanks in advance for the answers :)

Comments

• LithorenLithoren Member Posts: 18
    I need an answer.. please :O
  • YarosYaros Member Posts: 280
    Look here, there is some info about classic and normal servers:
    classic vs normal

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

USA servers get the patches quicker, and ofcourse you'll experience higher ping, although DAOC on the USA servers rarely lagged for me, I'm in the UK, except zergs in RvR.
    Classic servers are good for RvR only, PvE gets pretty shallow fast, because you have no ToA to further customise your character. All you can do is get to 50, do Darkness Rising' quests to get the epic weapons and epic armour, and that's it, all you can do is work on your realm rank.

If you're going to play on USA servers, roll a character on Gareth Classic server, RvR is heavily populated there. And I'd recommend either Caerleon cluster/Lancelot server, or Killibury cluster/Merlin server for your master levels/artifacts hunting kicks. It's not that DAOC is dead in Europe, it's just that it only gets slightly busy after 5pm and drops off after 10-11pm, it's too quiet for my liking though. These 3 servers are my fave, populated servers, you can't go wrong on them.

As for getting to 50 from level 1, about 3-5weeks, but that's also playing alot, and knowing what you are doing and where to go.

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528
    As for getting to level 50, on average with doing some BG along with way, it will take about 7-10 days in game played or 168-240 hours played.  So, if you play around 20 hours or so a week you will be there in about a month.  

• toriatoria Member Posts: 75
    no one mentioned gahers... for a server, which doesnt have rvr on it.. but you do have the abilty to go to all three three realms.. and make a alb,hib,mid and play them all at once.. its a great server.. 

Playing daoc and loving it totally..
    have Played
    Eq,Eq2,WoW,Coh,Cov,
    and other..
    which i have forgotten..

• deftechdeftech Member Posts: 16

If you are focused on PvP then go classic. ToA just adds a PvE treadmill that you have to climb to compete.

I'd come back to DAoC in a heartbeat if they opened a classic PvP server.

WTB Classic Mordred