Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Graphics

has anyone here seen any actual graphics videos? ive seen all the videos but none show good lighting so you can see the details very well.... to me graphics are extremely important and id just like to know if theyre anything special, since a strong point is customization.

Comments

• VengefulVengeful Member Posts: 473

Originally posted by rwgober92
    has anyone here seen any actual graphics videos? ive seen all the videos but none show good lighting so you can see the details very well.... to me graphics are extremely important and id just like to know if theyre anything special, since a strong point is customization.

Mounts

Player Housing

And for a more complete list of links, I've collected a bunch on my guild site.

• AbraxosAbraxos Member Posts: 412

Originally posted by rwgober92

There was a one minute video made by Sigil that they showed at E3 but it was quick cut scenes and such that didn't allow for you to see much. The other videos were taken by a video camera filming a monitor at e3 and although informative, it does  not show you much about how the graphics are.

Sigil has promised a video for a while but the SOE deal I think bogged things down. Supposedly SOE is going to help them make an in-game video soon. Keep in mind they are revamping animations which currently look pretty choppy so that will probably happen before they release a video.

My personal opinion is that they would've been far more sucessful at E3 with a longer more detailed HD quality video even if it was just one certain area optimized to show off what the game will eventually look like. They've caught flack already for showing basically "raw" beta footage with bugs and all to the public instead of something shiney to build hype and excitement.

• VicatinVicatin Member UncommonPosts: 139

Their building the game like they should.  Why would you want to see a *polished, hyped up* version at E3?  This game needs no hype, the naysayer SoE kiddies will probably be the first to go grab a copy.

• AbraxosAbraxos Member Posts: 412

Originally posted by Vicatin
    Their building the game like they should.  Why would you want to see a *polished, hyped up* version at E3?  This game needs no hype, the naysayer SoE kiddies will probably be the first to go grab a copy.

I just think the market behind WOW is fixing to get very crowded. WOW and EQII are releasing expansions at the end of the year and Gods and Heroes, Tabula Rasa and Conan are also slated for release.  Warhammer is following that in 2007. I definitely think these games showed hyped up versions at E3 and recieved a lot of notice for it. A better showing might have made some people say "I'm going with Vanguard as my next MMORPG". Suprisingly many WOW, Final Fantasy, and EQII players aren't even aware of Vanguard. It's flying low on the radar and it's biggest news of late has been it's move to SOE.

When you consider that several months before release WoW dropped their NDA and let everyone talk about their almost-complete game then it doesn't give any warm fuzzies at the lack of info concerning Vanguard which is slated for Winter 2006. We'll see. I'd like to believe like you that they are doing things like they should but right now it's hard to tell.