Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Official "We're Angry at SOE" thread

Comments

• ClackamasClackamas Member Posts: 776
    It is time for the last word on this thread to be spoken, and there is no better person to speak it than me: 

SOE / LA you goofed, you really goofed.  Pull SWG now!  Kill the dead horse!

PS:
    Remember, this is the last word, please observe silence on this thread in acknowledgement of the ill-will of SOE / LA.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Clackamas
    It is time for the last word on this thread to be spoken, and there is no better person to speak it than me: 

PS:
    Remember, this is the last word, please observe silence on this thread in acknowledgement of the ill-will of SOE / LA.

2003-2006

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• cptbollockcptbollock Member Posts: 61
    Played on the Corbantis server for the last 3 years,SWG was never really a game full of content  but it had a solid community.The NGE caused huge damage to my friends list,leaving nothing but one of the most basic combat systems ive ever played,less choice of profesions,with the same content as it always had.I will never be able to workout what goes on on SOE's mind,but i know for a fact ill never play any of thier games again
  • ClackamasClackamas Member Posts: 776

Originally posted by Malickiebloo

PS:

2003-2006

No Fair! No Fair! *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* I want the last word, I want the last word!  Mommy, make the mean people give me the last word!
  • XcathdraXcathdra Member CommonPosts: 1,027

Originally posted by MX13

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by ixontes

Has anyone investigated if the Better Business Bureau would get involved?
    With SOE or MMORPG?

SOE

Kinda... You can file a complaint with the BBB out of California since that is where Sony's Corp office is located. They have a file, but they will not file lawsuits on individuals behalfs (so the letter I got stated).

Xcathdra

SOE has a HUGE file, and many complaints filed against it. You can request a summary of the complaints & finds from the BBB. I personally have had a finding in my favor, as have 2 Guldies, all for serious Customer Service violations. Sony Corp is a charter member of the BBB, and SOE being a sub or SC, is bound under that charter. In fact, I began work today on another complaint based on that SOE is still billing me monthly for $41.99 and have refused to even investigate it.

Oh, and the BB recieved so many complaints about the NGE / ToOW Fraud that they warned SOE to offer Refunds and if you filed a complaint, they informed you an investigation was already started about this issue.

Knowingly failing to investiagte an allegation of credit card fraud cracks me up. And btw, thats what it is.. They are fraudulantly charging a card for a cancled account. Only adviuce I have is to dispute the charghes with the bank / cc company and file a complaint with the AG of whatever state you live in or equivelant auythority if you are non us.

Xcathdra

Having access to a billion $ IP - Billions of dollars..
    Having access to a massive fan base of said IP - Even more Billons...
    Singly handedly alienating them due to stupidity - Priceless.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

PS:

2003-2006

No Fair! No Fair! *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* I want the last word, I want the last word!  Mommy, make the mean people give me the last word!

I didn't write a word :P

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• anaicanaic Member Posts: 409

PS:

2003-2006

I didn't write a word :P

The last word belongs to me!
  • freethinkerfreethinker Member UncommonPosts: 775
    just want to add my statement:

SOE is an unethical company who puts the desire for profit over the desire to make quality games.

/SWG vet

==========================

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

Originally posted by freethinker
    just want to add my statement:

SOE is an unethical company who puts the desire for profit over the desire to make quality games.

/SWG vet

Dude.. not to sound like I'm defending $OE here, but they're hardly the only ones. Hell, the ones who care are a minority.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• freethinkerfreethinker Member UncommonPosts: 775
    you might be right.  however, swg is the one who screwed me.

==========================

Oh yeah.. all of us.

Shayde - SWG (dead)

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.

• iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363

This is the thread that never ends....

Yes it goes on and on my friend....

Okay, getting back to reality.  I really don't see what the fuss is about, coming from one who has written anti-nge review after review on these boards, done several full length rebuttals to piirg and squidi (mainly unanswered), etc.  A lot of these posts were getting clearly out of control:

I'm sorry, but no matter how angry you are, don't put profanity every other word.  Grow up.  :)

Second, with SOME of the posts, and I think everyone will agree, it went well beyond simple critques of $OE's business practices or the crap that is the NGE.  Anyone who said anything remotely positive of the game was flamed as a Smedley Mole.  Just because one is a fanboi doesn't mean one has a nefarious agenda.  Many of these debates got downright personal, when several NGE fanbois returned the favor by insisting anyone who opposed the NGE on these forums had a hidden nefarious agenda of their own.  (see the two most recent posts about how the game is improving.)

Many people are posting OBVIOUS flamebait posts.  The moderators had to do something.  I consider this a spam thread, the spam happening to be anti-$OE.  Think about that, when people login to MMORPG.com right now, they see the anti-soe thread at the top.  They login to the galaxies forums, and this thread is stickied.  The mere fact MMORPG is doing this obviously shows they aren't in cohoots with Sony.  Why would they want that stickied?

Perhaps what could be done is maybe MMORPG.com will allow some guest editorials on some of the practices and concepts behind the NGE.  mainly turning away from turn based combat, the gamble to knowingly anger current customers for the mythical new ones, the unintended consequences of WoW saturating the market with clones, the problems of linear gameplay, etc.

Or perhaps we SWG refugees and the few NGE defenders could do something else.  Have a debate between two people on whether or not the NGE was the right call, the most intelligent posters on each side, so people can see the playstyles, the points on both sides, and make their own decision.  If that were to happen, I'd nominate Rekrul or Fadeus, they tend to have your more intelligent balanced posts about what was wrong with the NGE, and Obraik on the pro-nge side.  (He is the only one who can argue his case without degenerating into vicious insults for "his camp.")

So everyone calm down, and maybe those ideas could be considered?

• kymekyme Member Posts: 411

Originally posted by Shayde

Oh yeah.. all of us.

They could start the healing process, by making pre-cu servers
  • CelestianCelestian Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

Oh yeah.. all of us.

Speak for yourself.

Thank god for this thread, no more invasion of all forums by the anti-anything-soe trolls.

Later guys!

Originally posted by kyme

Oh yeah.. all of us.

They could start the healing process, by making pre-cu servers

I think they're into open wounds.

Shayde - SWG (dead)

imageimage

• iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363

Originally posted by Celestian

Oh yeah.. all of us.

Speak for yourself.

Thank god for this thread, no more invasion of all forums by the anti-anything-soe trolls.

Later guys!

Nice try fanboi.  :)  SOE can still be criticized in these forums.  However, they wanted the flaming, threats, and trolling to stop.  So we'll have less of the fanbois on each side, and more intelligent discussion, which you likely won't be a part of.
  • WakizashiWakizashi Member Posts: 893
    I would just like to point out that SOE gets royalties for hosting Vanguard.  This is admitted by Brad McQuaid on teh VSOH forums.  Its not just a service fee, its a royalty.  Vanguard can't publish the game by themselves and Microsoft already tossed them aside.  You better believe SOE will slide its hand up VAnguard's skirt.
  • deleted4545deleted4545 Member Posts: 41
    Hummm you seem to be unable to read the words that were before your eyes, please understand that at no time did I mention that I was a fan of the NGE, how you read into the statement that I was a fan of the NGE is beyond me. My statement was based on fact, the game has changed to a new game nothing like the old and has left most persons without there game to play that is a fact, after seven months the NGE is here to stay, and most persons seem unable to get over that, that is also a fact, after seven months of the NGE one would think that a person especially mature adults which most here seem to claim to be, would have accepted what SOE is and how they do business and moved on with there lives to maybe the real world or a new game instead of whinning every single day seven days a week about the exact same thing day in and day out. In the end how a person feels about this game and there reaction towards it is there own personal feelings and I respect that, but I have my own personal feelings like everyone else on the matter.

I still like hookers.....

• sarracensarracen Member Posts: 1

I started playing SWG a couple of years ago, there were lots of different proffesions and you were able to mix and match to find a template that suited your own needs. This I did and I had great fun pvping from morning till night really (although some things within the combat system needed balancing). The community was great, some people I got on really well with some not so well but it was my little virtual world and I loved it.

Then after six months or so I decided to make a Jedi. The grind at the village was long but not too hard, I was TKM/MRIFLE/FENCER so three areas I could cap out xp on to trade for force sensetive xp to fill the boxes I needed.  I looted, auctioned and sold, to save enough to finance being a young padiwan, with no means of making money. I purchased another account and made a DANCER/DOCTOR to be able to buff myself and finally I changed my template and I was ready to start the grind as a young Jedi.

When I unlocked my second character I made her a MRIFLE/CM so I could still take time out from grinding to pvp.

Starting on Lok with little skill or damage, always keeping an eye on the map for npc's and other players my solo grind began, people were great, rushing out to rez me if I died, so I didnt lose xp. A few weeks later I moved to Endor, not really into missions I wandered about killing what I was able to and trying to avoid what would kill me, several mad dashes by friends to beat the timer to rez me, lots of near misses with crackdown mobs being dropped out of nowhere and a few close shaves with AT-ST's later I was ready to move to Dantooine.

This opened up a whole new rollercoaster and by now I was about halfway through, avoiding the terminals was very hard and so BH were an added bonus lol. I deliberated hard over my final template knowing there was no way I was going to be regrinding any of this again and not being able to try things out, just getting peoples opinions and mulling over different moves on the  temp builder made it a hard decision. Finally I settled on Master Healer/Master Lightsaber/Enhancer 4004.

At last thorugh all the blood, sweat, tears and laughter my Jedi was finished, it was time to play and game on as far as I could see. I wasn't one of the best on the server but I always fought, I played fairly and had made a lot of friends on both sides (and enemies but *shrug* hey who's perfect). SOE had been threatening a combat balance since I had started the game but each patch things were promised and people were dissapointed, so I didnt pay much mind to it. Then all of a sudden a week before the release date an announcement, servers were going down the next day for the Combat Upgrade, it got delayed for another day but people were very disgruntled and rumours of what would break and what they were going to change were rife.

Hmmm....The CU, well a lot was broken and got changed, the template I spent so long choosing was no longer viable and although they had stated MLS would no longer be a 'must have' a lot felt it was. Getting rid of battle fatigue made dancers useless and no need for buffs anymore put the doctors out of work too. Not everyone who played this game was a fighter, thats what made it so unique. The game lost some good people and those who were left tried to make the best of it, we adapted, we had to.... PVP was fun again after a while and slowly, the things that they had broken, we worked around, a few even got fixed but we all had each other, people from all walks of life with one thing in common 'the love for our little virtual world'.

The NGE was announced two weeks before release, this was for most, like a countdown to a death sentence. From the documentation that was published it wasnt looking good. Now I could rant and rave about all that they ruined in the game, I tried to stay and play it but losing 80% of the player base says it all really and the main thing they took was our choices. completely changed the UI, targetting is a joke and my character is not what I chose to make. I am sorry but giving me a stupid ugly robe and an elder Jedi buff just doesnt suffice... I tried to be optomistic, we had adapted before we could do it again, it cant be all that bad can it??

It is ........

• VexinVexin Member Posts: 297
    Well said, sarracen.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    As ye SOE, so shall ye weep.

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726

Originally posted by LickyDickyoo
    after seven months the NGE is here to stay,

Correct me if Im wrong, but arent they coming out with a third "upgrade" shortly?  Which would be the 4th version of the game.  I also remember when the first CU happened everyone stating it's "here to stay."  SWG reminds me of the weather back in Tennessee, if you dont like it just wait and it will change.
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • EdmondeEdmonde Member Posts: 97

its nto an upgrade its just a tweak

We have enough Youth, How about a Fountain of Intelligence?

• WuduLarchWuduLarch Member Posts: 140
    If there is an upgrade, it would be right on schedule.
  • WuduLarchWuduLarch Member Posts: 140

Originally posted by Obraik

This sticky may become the longest ongoing thread on the Internet
    The Pub 29 thread is still longer

Publish 23 = 171

Angry at $OE = 204 

• wookieewookiee Member Posts: 151
    SWEET... about time we had somthing offical 
    I HATE SOE FOR SHATTERING MY DREAMS OF SITTING IN FRONT OF MY COMPUTER ALL DAY AND NIGHT PRETENDING IM LIVING IN THE STAR WARS UNIVERSE !!!!

hey, maybe they helped save alot of people by doing such a bad job.. i mean really, up till about publish 8 or so there was alot of SWG zombies... and many people had left way before that... I was unemployed at the time and I logged on for 14 hours a day or longer... ate infront of the darn computer... never went out except to buy some food ....i must have been crazy...

This discussion has been closed.