Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Official "We're Angry at SOE" thread

Comments

• Vortex500Vortex500 Member Posts: 392

Originally posted by neonwire

Skeezixus is right. I also find it pretty amusing at how people have become so attached to the game that they actually think the game is truly theirs.

You are amused of others peoples anger and frustration over losing something they loved? I feel compassion for them even if I dont always agree with them. Try it out sometime. ;)

Other people made the game and then allow all of you consumer boys and girls to CHOOSE to play whatever game there is for a monthly fee. Does SOE choose people that will play their game and then automatically debit money from those peoples accounts against their will? Nope.

Well some people subscribed for a year, without knowing that the game would change from a Mmorpg to a Online Fps. My sub run out in July and I havent played the game for 3 months now(losing ~75$ for the months I dont play). But when I bought the sub back in July last year I couldnt even in my wildest imagination think the game would change so much. If I knew back then what I know now, I wouldnt have  resubscribed. But thats life I guess. But I still can understand that people get angry and frustrated.

The Second Day Vet

Just to clear it out. Neonwire´s text is looking like this. My text is in This Color.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Vortex500

Skeezixus is right. I also find it pretty amusing at how people have become so attached to the game that they actually think the game is truly theirs.

You are amused of others peoples anger and frustration over losing something they loved? I feel compassion for them even if I dont always agree with them. Try it out sometime. ;)   LMAO compassion for them ? Why should I feel anything for them ? I love reading these boards when I need a good laugh , It is only a game after all .

People who feel they are unethical have grounds and a reason to hate . But I should feel sorry for them why ? I played the game from august 03 until oct 05 , Yet I I do not feel slighted in the least . I can't think of one game ever I enjoyed for that long , If anything I have respect for them for providing my entertainment for so long

Other people made the game and then allow all of you consumer boys and girls to CHOOSE to play whatever game there is for a monthly fee. Does SOE choose people that will play their game and then automatically debit money from those peoples accounts against their will? Nope.
    Well some people subscribed for a year, without knowing that the game would change from a Mmorpg to a Online Fps. My sub run out in July and I havent played the game for 3 months now(losing ~75$ for the months I dont play). But when I bought the sub back in July last year I couldnt even in my wildest imagination think the game would change so much. If I knew back then what I know now, I wouldnt have  resubscribed. But thats life I guess. But I still can understand that people get angry and frustrated.
    The Second Day Vet

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• LilTLilT Member Posts: 631

Originally posted by Malickiebloo

You are amused of others peoples anger and frustration over losing something they loved? I feel compassion for them even if I dont always agree with them. Try it out sometime. ;)   LMAO compassion for them ? Why should I feel anything for them ? I love reading these boards when I need a good laugh , It is only a game after all .

People who feel they are unethical have grounds and a reason to hate . But I should feel sorry for them why ? I played the game from august 03 until oct 05 , Yet I I do not feel slighted in the least . I can't think of one game ever I enjoyed for that long , If anything I have respect for them for providing my entertainment for so long

The Second Day Vet

you really confuse me malick, one day, you act buddy buddy with everyone here and the next you're insulting everyone.

If you ( neonwire, anyone) dont feel wronged by soe and dont get angry at what they did, then thats great. But does that mean other's should feel the exact same as you? I especially find it amusing that Neonwire said he didnt really even like the game. Good luck in getting people to listen to your opinion in how they should react when you cant even empathize with their situation. Basically, what neonwire said in that post was "this is how i felt and reacted, and if you dont feel the same, you are a star wars nerd who needs to get a life".

It is assumed that mmo companies understand that when a player signs up for their game, they are making an investment of their time, entertainment and money for the long run. What is the point of starting a character in an mmo if that character's achievements and community are going to be whiped out 3 months down the line? There is no point. Its called a single player, stand alone game. Obviously, most mmo makers understand this, because you dont see the kind of disregard for customer loyalty that soe has shown by just rewriting the game at will everytime they feel the need to up their subs. It just isnt accepted.

No one would sign up for Wow if they knew their Tier 2 epic'd Level 60 High Warlord would be made obsolete overnight by some change Blizzard decided would be better for someone who didnt even play ( and pay for) Wow.

For the Horde!

Originally posted by LilT

The Second Day Vet

you really confuse me malick, one day, you act buddy buddy with everyone here and the next you're insulting everyone.

If you ( neonwire, anyone) dont feel wronged by soe and dont get angry at what they did, then thats great. But does that mean other's should feel the exact same as you? I especially find it amusing that Neonwire said he didnt really even like the game. Good luck in getting people to listen to your opinion in how they should react when you cant even empathize with their situation. Basically, what neonwire said in that post was "this is how i felt and reacted, and if you dont feel the same, you are a star wars nerd who needs to get a life".

It is assumed that mmo companies understand that when a player signs up for their game, they are making an investment of their time, entertainment and money for the long run. What is the point of starting a character in an mmo if that character's achievements and community are going to be whiped out 3 months down the line? There is no point. Its called a single player, stand alone game. Obviously, most mmo makers understand this, because you dont see the kind of disregard for customer loyalty that soe has shown by just rewriting the game at will everytime they feel the need to up their subs. It just isnt accepted.

No one would sign up for Wow if they knew their Tier 2 epic'd Level 60 High Warlord would be made obsolete overnight by some change Blizzard decided would be better for someone who didnt even play ( and pay for) Wow.

HUH ? where did I insult anyone ? Actually I said I read this forum for a laugh (because a lot of people have a decent sense of humor) . Are you sure you are not misunderstanding what I said ? 

I am sorry i don't feel sorry for anyone , But why should I ?

• kymekyme Member Posts: 411

The Second Day Vet

HUH ? where did I insult anyone ? Actually I said I read this forum for a laugh (because a lot of people have a decent sense of humor) . Are you sure you are not misunderstanding what I said ? 

But when I bought the sub back in July last year I couldnt even in my wildest imagination think the game would change so much.

Malickiebloo you bought a 1-year subscription in July 2005 and didn't think they would make major game changes. Did you somehow catch a fever and just wholly forget about the CU, that came out just a month before??? I am sorry but that is some STUPID SHIT!

Why does one buy a year subscription? Month-to-Month FTW! After the Piece of SHIT CU hit I lost a mere few weeks.

But when I bought the sub back in July last year I couldnt even in my wildest imagination think the game would change so much.

Malickiebloo you bought a 1-year subscription in July 2005 and didn't think they would make major game changes. Did you somehow catch a fever and just wholly forget about the CU, that came out just a month before??? I am sorry but that is some STUPID SHIT!

Why does one buy a year subscription? Month-to-Month FTW! After the Piece of SHIT CU hit I lost a mere few weeks.

Originally posted by kyme

The Second Day Vet

What ? I never said a thing about a year sub . I would never pre-pay anything a year in advance .

I said I played the game from august 03- Oct 05 Where did you get July 05 from that ?

^ thats one crazy reply lol.

And Malick, i prolly did misunderstand you, sorry.

For the Horde!

What ? I never said a thing about a year sub . I would never pre-pay anything a year in advance .

I said I played the game from august 03- Oct 05 Where did you get July 05 from that ?

LMAO
    compassion for them ? Why should I feel anything for them ? I love
    reading these boards when I need a good laugh , It is only a game after
    all .

People
    who feel they are unethical have grounds and a reason to hate . But I
    should feel sorry for them why ? I played the game from august 03 until
    oct 05 , Yet I I do not feel slighted in the least . I can't think of
    one game ever I enjoyed for that long , If anything I have respect for
    them for providing my entertainment for so long

Think you were reading the wrong quote lol this was my reply in all that LOL.

The Second Day Vet

He he. This wasnt about who feels compassion and who
    dont. I only gave a different view of the situation. And no where did I
    say that my view is the right view. Everyone has a diffrent view of
    things.

If you laugh at them, well thats fine for you. If you feel amused, go ahead. If I feel compassion for my fellow ex SWG players, well that' s just the way Iam as a human. We are all different.I was only giving my view on this.

I have learnt my lesson now and never gonna buy a year in advance sub again. And I never gonna trust a game company again. End of story.

The Second Day Vet

EDIT: (Oh and I was in the game for ~2,5 years. And I loved every minute of it too.( Before the NGE at least.) But thats have nothing to do with that people have different views/feelings...so Im not sure why you brought it up at all...?)

The Second Day Vet

Sorry Malickiebloo. Must of been someone else who wrote that. I would like to correct it, but I can't figure out who wrote it, these comments have gotten long and unmanagable.

Sorry Malickiebloo. Must of been someone else who wrote that. I would like to correct it, but I can't figure out who wrote it, these comments have gotten long and unmanagable.
  • Sp!k3Sp!k3 Member Posts: 60

Ehh - thats all I can say.

Im so sick of SOE and their plot to annihilate the SW universe once and for all.

LA please take away the license why you still can!!

SOE = failiure. 

Sorry Malickiebloo.
    Must of been someone else who wrote that. I would like to correct it,
    but I can't figure out who wrote it, these comments have gotten long
    and unmanagable.

It was me(Vortex500) who wrote that. If right it should be like this:

Fixed:

Vortex500 you bought a 1-year subscription in July 2005 and
    didn't think they would make major game changes. Did you somehow catch
    a fever and just wholly forget about the CU, that came out just a month
    before??? I am sorry but that is some STUPID SHIT!

Well Im glad it worked out for ya. Many of my friends also only paid for month-to-month and Im happy for them aswell. And me paying money for a game I dont play? Well as I said in my first post how I feel about it: Thats life.

But I still can understand that other people are angry and frustrated.

The Second Day Vet

EDIT: (Highllighted what I wanted to say with my first post if you dont understand it yet.)

• deleted4545deleted4545 Member Posts: 41
    SOE is actually a company that I admire very much.

I still like hookers.....

Fixed:

Vortex500 you bought a 1-year subscription in July 2005 and didn't think they would make major game changes. Did you somehow catch a fever and just wholly forget about the CU, that came out just a month before??? I am sorry but that is some STUPID SHIT!Why does one buy a year subscription? Month-to-Month FTW! After the Piece of SHIT CU hit I lost a mere few weeks.

Well Im glad it worked out for ya. Many of my friends also only paid for month-to-month and Im happy for them aswell. And me paying money for a game I dont play? Well as I said in my first post how I feel about it: Thats life.

The Second Day Vet

Thanks for clearing that up Vortex500. However I still fail to understand your logic of buying a 1-year subscription just after CU and not expecting any major game changes. If you honestly believed this to be true I am sorry. $OE just angers me, mostly when I am bored because I am mmorpg-less

O

He he. This wasnt about who feels compassion and who
    dont. I only gave a different view of the situation. And no where did I
    say that my view is the right view. Everyone has a diffrent view of
    things.

If you laugh at them, well thats fine for you. If you feel amused, go ahead. If I feel compassion for my fellow ex SWG players, well that' s just the way Iam as a human. We are all different.I was only giving my view on this.

I have learnt my lesson now and never gonna buy a year in advance sub again. And I never gonna trust a game company again. End of story.

The Second Day Vet

EDIT: (Oh and I was in the game for ~2,5 years. And I loved every minute of it too.( Before the NGE at least.) But thats have nothing to do with that people have different views/feelings...so Im not sure why you brought it up at all...?)

No I didn't mean it that way . I meant the only reason I visit this site is for a laugh . Some people write some funny things . I may try and post constructively and give my opinion . But that is what any  sites host ask's of you .

Yet I still really visit this site to get a laugh here and there. Not at people who feel upset , As I said those who feel ripped by SOE have every right for their anger . I was saying why I feel differently .

Fixed:

Vortex500 you bought a 1-year subscription in July 2005 and didn't think they would make major game changes. Did you somehow catch a fever and just wholly forget about the CU, that came out just a month before??? I am sorry but that is some STUPID SHIT!Why does one buy a year subscription? Month-to-Month FTW! After the Piece of SHIT CU hit I lost a mere few weeks.

The Second Day Vet

Thanks for clearing that up Vortex500. However I still fail to understand your logic of buying a 1-year subscription just after CU and not expecting any major game changes. If you honestly believed this to be true I am sorry. $OE just angers me, mostly when I am bored because I am mmorpg-less

Actually I forgot to change the payment option and the sub renew on it self.

But thats not the point. I loved the Pre-Cu times the best and when they changed to the Cu I didnt love it.. but I adapted to it. I could play it, but much of the love of the game was lost.

Im a hardcore roleplayer and the restrictions the Cu brought to the game was not good for the rp community. But I still could rp some in the Cu system so I continued. Its not like its raining SW mmorpgs outside, so I did stick to it.

And well, call me naive, but not in my wildest dreams could I imagine that they would change the game play a second time. How many mmorpgs have you heard of that had 2(3rd on its way) major revamps during one year.

So thats why I paid a year in advance.

The Second Day Vet

Some of my history in SWG:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/78154

EDIT: Making a link to that page ^^^ doesnt work... No idea why...

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Just a little side note.......

The 30 foot quote within quote within quote within quote within quote within quote within quote within quote is getting a little out of hand.

Let's just keep the quotes within an acceptable limit.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• chlaoschlaos Member Posts: 1,118

Originally posted by LickyDickyoo

Hehe.......your silly.    

"The man who exchanges Liberty for Iconic classes is a fool deserving of neither." - Me and Ben Franklin

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

Originally posted by Enigma

Just a little side note.......
    The 30 foot quote within quote within quote within quote within quote within quote within quote within quote is getting a little out of hand.
    Let's just keep the quotes within an acceptable limit.

Translation: Congratulations kyme for the most annoying post EVER!

• ignestiignesti Member Posts: 47

Gimme back SWG as it was before NGE, at least.

SOE should listen to their customers instead of the share holders, that way the share holders get more money, easy

I will pobably never go to any other SOE product as I don't trust them anymore (not even SWG If they don't revert). Their customer base will  drop to a level where they should pull the plug on the lifesustaing server

By the way The Saga of Ryzom rocks!

Someone said it was like SWG pre-CU. Try the 7 day free trial!

• WakizashiWakizashi Member Posts: 893

Originally posted by deleted4545

Much to learn you still have
  • duncan_922duncan_922 Member Posts: 1,670
    Well I'll be damned...   When did this happen?

SOE knows what you like... You don't!
    And don't forget... I am forcing you to read this!

• skeezixsskeezixs Member Posts: 66

Lol, SOE has done a good job with eq 1, true i liked it better back when vanguard ran it. But its still the best out there for content. Eq2 was fun up till they started to change the game and make i like wow. so guess what i stop paying. And what fool spends money on a full year of a game. I would only do that if it was a game like eq where i have put in 7 years on the game already. But that is just asking to get burned on the deal. SWG was an ok game at its best the CU upgrade they were trying something new that would set them apart. Did it work nope. But I was happy to see them at least try something new instead of coping someone else. Also more of the issue is the fan base, I feel very sorry for those working on Star Trek MMo its gonna be the same thing. They do one patch that changes the game play and all the trekies will go crazy that the game company has a plot for ruining their lives and sending them to therapy.  

It was gonna happen every game goes thru changes. They took a risk and most did not like it. If the game was anything other than SWG it would have just lost members. But Star Wars fans are a whole different thing. And i fear for the company making the trekie game, hevean forbid they get the ferengi the wrong color. OR a ship able to move at the wrong speed or someones uniform wrong lol. Swg was fun and playable for a while, i got my moneys worth out of it. Someone should start a we hate Turbine thread, cause that DDO is a rip off. But o well i lost 50 bucks. I work a few hours and i get my money to go buy the next game to keep me busy for a while.

Originally posted by skeezixs

SWG was an ok game at its best the CU upgrade they were trying something new that would set them apart. Did it work nope. But I was happy to see them at least try something new instead of coping someone else.

I have to wonder what you are describing as "new" with the cu. the cu introduced levels, cooldown timers, particle effects in favor of animations, group "roles" and tried to force grouping. They started introducing the looted weapons and the bind on pick up items (bio-linked). All of those things have been in mmo's for years and years, and most recently, Wow. If anything, the pre-cu game was more innovative and the cu tried to bring in the Wow audience by making the game more mainstream. That was the whole point (for soe).

Also more of the issue is the fan base, I feel very sorry for those working on Star Trek MMo its gonna be the same thing. They do one patch that changes the game play and all the trekies will go crazy that the game company has a plot for ruining their lives and sending them to therapy. If the game was anything other than SWG it would have just lost members. But Star Wars fans are a whole different thing.

I am not a star wars fan. I am an swg fan. I know my guild was full of people who didn't even care for star wars, but loved swg for the game mechanics and community  itself. As has been pointed out time and time agan, it wasnt time line discrepencies or things out of cannon that killed the game, it was lack of dev skills on soe's part in regards to the bugs and crazy imbalances like mind dots and buffs. I think its safe to say that alot of soe haters could take or leave star wars.

not trying to start an argument, but there are a few things i'd like to point out that i disagree with.

For the Horde!

This discussion has been closed.