Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official "We're Angry about SOE" Thread

179111213

Comments

  • altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811
    I think the same as Amathe. Microsoft are no fools. SOE either, but SOE is only interested in money and couldn't care less about releasing a crap game or turning one into crap, they got experience.
  • NevidimkaNevidimka Member Posts: 9
    Seems like MS was right and through beta we have seen why.

    The world is huge, the classes are plenty but there is no attachment

    to the story, your character or the world.

    No explanation whatsoever and very limited guidance for progression.

    I will still give it a try to have fun with my friends cause without I

    probably would have saved my money.

    "Boldly go to where no one has gone before..."

  • MrPetterMrPetter Member Posts: 32

    I've been a project manager / producer for a long time. I played MUD long before there were any graphics based MMO's what so ever. I am also a huge Star Wars fan... For natural reasons, I was in on SWG from the very start; closed beta. I was with it through CU, NGE and I'm still there - although I haven't actually been online for a long time.

    BREAK

    I played Everquest from start. Left it for various reasons, and was re-recruited to EQ2 some time back. I saw those changes from the side of those "new players" SoE seem to be wanting to recruit. I actually liked it.

    BREAK

    To be honest - I don't hate NGE anymore. True, I loved SWG better a long time ago, and yes I was truly, TRULY pissed off. To the point of not just posting in forums but sending mail with official letter heads, trying to head of what I considered a complete and utter strategy break down of SoE. Now though... the game is getting better again (true; much due to re-institution of old content and features). Unfortunatly, the fanabse has been killed of. There are no players left. Same thing happened to EQ2 - I loved the engine and the game (PvP was awesome, i.m.o.), but all my mates just... left. Not too fun to play then. And always, it is because SoE manages to patch away their fans by undoing and nerfing what they have considered every day life.

    If SoE does get content control here, we have a problem. But we don't know about that yet, so why worry? What DOES worry me is that I fail to get hooked when I try the beta. And with the shear amount of fantasy MMORPG's that's out there, a new game REALLY needs to hook their players. From first frame. No game, no matter what, is better than its community. If there is no community, there is no MMORPG. And I doubt Vanguard will fly. If you think it will, maybe you could point me in the right direction? Where should I go to experience what in order to get hooked?
    :-)

    //Petter

  • MrArchyMrArchy Member Posts: 643
    Still angry at $OE.

    SWG Veteran and Refugee, Intrepid server
    NGE free as of Nov. 22, 2005
    Now Playing: World of Warcrack
    Forum Terrorist
    image

  • CronjobCronjob Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by Shayde


    Originally posted by thomas.hart

    I had nothing to do with the beta. From what ive heard ms wanted vg to use windows vista. Sigil didnt want this so they pulled out.
    That's crap, because there is NO WAY IN HELL Vista will be done before Vanguard launches.



    Amusingly enough, we now know months later that both Vista and Vanguard will be released on the SAME day. :D
  • HuskarlHuskarl Member Posts: 1
    Give us PRE CU SWG BACK!!





    I hate SOE may they forever burn in the flames of eternal damnation
  • CronjobCronjob Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by Huskarl

    Give us PRE CU SWG BACK!!





    I hate SOE may they forever burn in the flames of eternal damnation
    The only SOE games I've played were Planetside for a couple weeks and Matrix Online. Planetside was interesting, but didn't hold me. Matrix Online... well, aside from the game having unimpressive graphics and dull gameplay, the real problem I had with it was that you couldn't cancel online. You actually had to CALL them on the telephone and tell them that you want to cancel your membership, which also meant you had to go through the whole damn customer-retention crap. Really hated it.     
  • brezelbrezel Member Posts: 202

    omg they have killed star wars galaxies<p>

    omg they have killed everquest 2<p>

    omg they ha..will kill vanguard

    thanks SOE for years of patching great titels into boring and weak casual player friendly grinders! "its a SOE" should be a insult.

    ah and dont forget: they have their hands already in "gods & heroes". R.I.P.

  • MandyMandy Member Posts: 132

    Best thing you can do is not even bother to buy and pay to play Vanguard. All your going to get are  CU's and NGE's  With SOE having its hands in the game.

     

    Look at the track record of SOE SWG screwed EQ2 screwed after CU. Planet side screwed with its version of the CU.

    Your just ignorant if you think SOe won't screw Vanguard also. Now like the other games they will wait 6 months to 1 year and really  mess it up after your confortable with your characters and skills and so on.  Then you will have to relearn everything rebuy items because all your gear is now useless.

     

    GL with Vanguard.

     

    I'll be here to say I told you so when this comes to pass for all who think SOe won't screw it too.

     

         

  • altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811
    Originally posted by brezel


    omg they have killed star wars galaxies<p>
    omg they have killed everquest 2<p>
    omg they ha..will kill vanguard
    thanks SOE for years of patching great titels into boring and weak casual player friendly grinders! "its a SOE" should be a insult.
     
     
    ah and dont forget: they have their hands already in "gods & heroes". R.I.P.
    OMG they have killed Everquest 1 too!
  • privatep37privatep37 Member Posts: 111
    When I heard about this game I was thrilled that finally a game that somewhat resembles the former SWG will be coming out. Then when I saw SOE was going to be the publisher, my faith in the game was shaken. But now that I think of it, Sigil is the developer, they are the ones whom make or don't make changes.  As long as they don't get pressured by SOE to ruin yet another game than this game should give WoW a run for its money. I hope this game can top it. Vanguard: SOH the game of the future.

    Favourite Game
    SWG - Sabanak, Retired Jedi, Bria

    Playing: Nothing

    Waiting for: SWG Pre-CU

    Retired: SWG, CoX, Vanguard, MxO, Guildwars, Archlord, Auto Assault, EQ2, Final Fantasy XI,
    Lineage 2, Saga of Ryzom, DAOC, WoW, AOC, WAR

  • catalyztcatalyzt Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by Malakai

    Ahh.... all the unintelligent, immature posts are now on one single, easily ignored thread .  I can understand people stating their opinion, but when people keep crying about the same dumb crap over and over for months, it gets a  little old.  Nice job mmorpg in making the forums a more friendly place for people who would like to learn more about the game's features .

    okay i just recently asked what a troll was but i think i know now

    mmorpg made a thread for ppl who wanted to complain without disturbing the flow of information about the game from ppl who liked it and this person came to that place just to complain about the complainers lol

    now i know what a troll is

    thanks malakai

  • camobargecamobarge Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Mandy


    Best thing you can do is not even bother to buy and pay to play Vanguard. All your going to get are  CU's and NGE's  With SOE having its hands in the game.
     
    Look at the track record of SOE SWG screwed EQ2 screwed after CU. Planet side screwed with its version of the CU.
    Your just ignorant if you think SOe won't screw Vanguard also. Now like the other games they will wait 6 months to 1 year and really  mess it up after your confortable with your characters and skills and so on.  Then you will have to relearn everything rebuy items because all your gear is now useless.
     
    GL with Vanguard.
     
    I'll be here to say I told you so when this comes to pass for all who think SOe won't screw it too.
     
         



    Now I have a question about this statement.

    SOE is only handling the publishing side of the product correct?  If that has changed when and where can I find that info? 

    I dont think SOE will be able to do much with the actual game unless its sold to them, then yes SOE may tear it up, if they havent learned from all the other flops they have done. 

    Its funny because as I am starting up Vanguard now I notice that the only SOE I even see is at the beginning of the launch pad.

  • altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811
    Originally posted by camobarge


    Now I have a question about this statement.
    SOE is only handling the publishing side of the product correct?  If that has changed when and where can I find that info? 
    I dont think SOE will be able to do much with the actual game unless its sold to them, then yes SOE may tear it up, if they havent learned from all the other flops they have done. 
    Its funny because as I am starting up Vanguard now I notice that the only SOE I even see is at the beginning of the launch pad.
    They won't tell you everything that's going on behind the scenes. SOE is there, lurking, coding in shadows, planning... the doom of... Vanguard...
  • pureazurepureazure Member Posts: 148

    Vanguard comes to gamesman here on the 8th of Feb, the pre-order early access time is useless to us.

    Thanks SOE.

    // The G&H Townhall - http://gnhth.vault.ign.com - a Gods and Heroes fansite

  • SlipursonSlipurson Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by Mandy


    Best thing you can do is not even bother to buy and pay to play Vanguard. All your going to get are  CU's and NGE's  With SOE having its hands in the game.
     
    Look at the track record of SOE SWG screwed EQ2 screwed after CU. Planet side screwed with its version of the CU.
    Your just ignorant if you think SOe won't screw Vanguard also. Now like the other games they will wait 6 months to 1 year and really  mess it up after your confortable with your characters and skills and so on.  Then you will have to relearn everything rebuy items because all your gear is now useless.
     
    GL with Vanguard.
     
    I'll be here to say I told you so when this comes to pass for all who think SOe won't screw it too.
     
         

     

    If you want a game that never changes... buy CS... MMOs are supposed to change.. even drasticaly now and then.. so that ppl keep chasing that ever changing endgame.. since it keeps ppl paying and most ppl are happily grinding for that 20th version of the "ubersword of doohm".. but i guess you are a Blizzard fanboi who refuse to belive that Blizzard is the masters of F-ups... if it takes as long as 6-12 months before they change the game alot.. i would be surprised... it is called adaption to what ppl want.. and Dev's cant really listen to 20 whiners over thousands of subscribers, right?

  • AxeionAxeion Member UncommonPosts: 418


    Originally posted by camobarge


    Originally posted by Mandy

    Best thing you can do is not even bother to buy and pay to play Vanguard. All your going to get are  CU's and NGE's  With SOE having its hands in the game.
     
    Look at the track record of SOE SWG screwed EQ2 screwed after CU. Planet side screwed with its version of the CU.
    Your just ignorant if you think SOe won't screw Vanguard also. Now like the other games they will wait 6 months to 1 year and really  mess it up after your confortable with your characters and skills and so on.  Then you will have to relearn everything rebuy items because all your gear is now useless.
     
    GL with Vanguard.
     
    I'll be here to say I told you so when this comes to pass for all who think SOe won't screw it too.
     
         


    Now I have a question about this statement.
    SOE is only handling the publishing side of the product correct?  If that has changed when and where can I find that info? 
    I dont think SOE will be able to do much with the actual game unless its sold to them, then yes SOE may tear it up, if they havent learned from all the other flops they have done. 
    Its funny because as I am starting up Vanguard now I notice that the only SOE I even see is at the beginning of the launch pad.


    Part about what soe involment is um either understated or over stated but ...

    As co-publisher of Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, Sigil assumes greater control of marketing and PR, while maintaining responsibility for game development, community relations, media relations, customer support, and quality assurance. Under the terms of the agreement,SOE will provide distribution, marketing, hosting and back-end support -- including billing and technical support-- for the game. Additionally, SOE is tentatively planning on adding Vanguard, upon its release,to SOE’s Station Access™ subscription plan. Station Access allows players to enjoy all of SOE’s MMO titles for one low monthly price.

    from http://www.sigilgames.com/sonypressrelease.html


    also from http://forums.vanguardsoh.com/showthread.php?t=88693&page=6

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by erentil0 View Post
    Just heard that SOE has lent Sigil several of its devs from the EQ2 team for a 6-8 month assignment. Wondering what everyone thinks about this and whether it bodes good or bad for Vanguard.

    SOE, at our request, has sent some designers and artists up our way to make Vanguard even better. That's it. We appreciate it very much, and they are working just like Sigil people are working under Sigil's schedule and management. I hope there are no conspiracy theories about this. It's as simple as that.

    We also hired a beta tester too. The more help the better.

    thanks all,
    __________________
    Brad McQuaid
    CEO, Sigil Games Online, Inc.
    Exec. Producer, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes.

    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." — Robert E. Howard, The Tower of the Elephant (1933)

  • infrared1infrared1 Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Go vote at the lucasarts poll for the best version of SWG.  From 1/30/07 to 2/06/07 they will be conducting a poll to see what version people like the best.  If you are a vet of SWG and wanna tell L.A. and SOE that they screwed up, nows your chance. Obviously they are listening now, or want to listen or they would not have posted this poll. Make your voice heard and vote before it's too late.



    www.lucasarts.com



    Goto the link, it's on the right side of the screen. You can only vote once per I.P. address. Spread the word and lets show them how back they screwed the game and us.



    As of now, pre-CU is running away with it, and has 77% of the vote so far. YAY!!! Please vote and spread the word. They are listening.
  • vylovylo Member Posts: 149

    It would be a cold day in hell when brad would be drunk enough to hand over control of this game to SOE.  He knows what they do to his games, look what they did to EQ.

    SOE is just publishing the game.  As long as it stays that way, its fine, I'm sure that Brad is in no mood to allow them to mess around with the game.  If they do get involved in the actual game design though, you can pretty much put VG next to the zapper (see gucomics for reference).

  • LongswdLongswd Member Posts: 155
    Originally posted by infrared1

    Go vote at the lucasarts poll for the best version of SWG.  From 1/30/07 to 2/06/07 they will be conducting <snip>

    Haha, you know what they will do, they'll hide the running numbers in a few days and then at the end claim everyone voted for CU and they where right to do it all long. SOE, moreso than any other company I have ever seen, has massive ego problems when it comes to admitting to mistakes (probabley compounded by the whole japanese "loss of face" thing).
  • Only reasion decided to play Vanguard is becuse SOE was not involved with the game  if they do get involved with the game then they can kiss my fee good by
  • vylovylo Member Posts: 149
    Originally posted by smegil

    Only reasion decided to play Vanguard is becuse SOE was not involved with the game  if they do get involved with the game then they can kiss my fee good by
    Yours amongst many.  Even the most diehard fanboys will jump ship.  They know what SOE can do to a game.
  • itskrudeitskrude Member Posts: 1

    i just hear kids and amatuers trying to discuss about things beyond them.  unless you're a representative you can't know anything about anything.  tired of the bull crap arguments about SoE.  right now they can't even touch the game.  so just shut up about it.  if some drastic change occurs then you can say i told you so and no one will care.   the game itself is good.  everyone willing to put aside biased loyalty towards whatever or resentfulness to anything else will notice that the game is good.  it's going to have it's phase where it needs big repairs just like any PC game that ever comes out. 

    and jesus, everyone already knows what's been done in the past especially with SoE.  no one needs to add their 2 cents as if they really have something new to say about it.  everyone has already made up their decision about what they want to do or believe.  all that's going on now is a droning and it's not exactly making press and "getting out there" into any ears of anyone that'll make a difference.  you're whining to gaming nerds.  if you're one of those "SOE IS HORRIBLE CRAP... cause... uhh... IT"S BAD I HATE IT" or the... "WoW IS GREAT... IT"S GOT YEARS OF PATCHES BUT STILL OMGZ WHY ISN"T THIS GAME AS PERFECT" then i'm so damn glad i wont have to deal with you in game.  it's the people like you that probably piss me off while i'm grocery shopping or around a lot of people in general anywhere.

    Now i wont be surprised if the first response i get after this is "your mom" joke or something else that is an attempt to be witty and sly and yet just doesn't matter or mean anything.  and while you endlessly scream hatred till blood sprays from your mouth and feed the unhappiness inside you, i'll be enjoying myself.  i might even stop to laugh at the thought of you guys.   

    and i'm working up my activity on my mmorpg account just so i can give vanguard a 10 to counter all the 1's it's getting from the "it suxxorz so i gives a 1" raters.

  • vylovylo Member Posts: 149
    SOE is crap because of what they did to EQ.  Remember Velious?  That was EQ before Sony.  Remember Luclin?  That was SOEs first dip into EQ and it started the downward spiral of the game.
  • dinda156dinda156 Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by itskrude


    i just hear kids and amatuers trying to discuss about things beyond them.  unless you're a representative you can't know anything about anything.  tired of the bull crap arguments about SoE.  right now they can't even touch the game.  so just shut up about it.  if some drastic change occurs then you can say i told you so and no one will care.   the game itself is good.  everyone willing to put aside biased loyalty towards whatever or resentfulness to anything else will notice that the game is good.  it's going to have it's phase where it needs big repairs just like any PC game that ever comes out. 
    and jesus, everyone already knows what's been done in the past especially with SoE.  no one needs to add their 2 cents as if they really have something new to say about it.  everyone has already made up their decision about what they want to do or believe.  all that's going on now is a droning and it's not exactly making press and "getting out there" into any ears of anyone that'll make a difference.  you're whining to gaming nerds.  if you're one of those "SOE IS HORRIBLE CRAP... cause... uhh... IT"S BAD I HATE IT" or the... "WoW IS GREAT... IT"S GOT YEARS OF PATCHES BUT STILL OMGZ WHY ISN"T THIS GAME AS PERFECT" then i'm so damn glad i wont have to deal with you in game.  it's the people like you that probably piss me off while i'm grocery shopping or around a lot of people in general anywhere.
    Now i wont be surprised if the first response i get after this is "your mom" joke or something else that is an attempt to be witty and sly and yet just doesn't matter or mean anything.  and while you endlessly scream hatred till blood sprays from your mouth and feed the unhappiness inside you, i'll be enjoying myself.  i might even stop to laugh at the thought of you guys.   
    and i'm working up my activity on my mmorpg account just so i can give vanguard a 10 to counter all the 1's it's getting from the "it suxxorz so i gives a 1" raters.


     

    Regardless of how people are going about it.  They are CORRECT. SOE doesn't deserve your dollars.  I think Sigil does.   They destroyed SWG.  I quit EQ2 due to their poor customer service.  At one time I played (4) SOE titles. Now I tried this just because SOE only recently sunk their greedy paws into it.


    But I take huge comfort in knowing that WoW has blasted every single MMORPG on the market by virtue of the large playerbase they've amassed.  Doesn't matter what you or I think is better (EQ2 or WoW).  It's a fact that WoW is blowing away the competition (it's not enough CLOSE now).  Even guild wars has falled 4 million subscribers behind.



    SOE will never publish a title like that.  SOE is the only gaming company I've seen outsmart themselves since Sierra published OUTPOST in the 90's.



Sign In or Register to comment.