Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skill training question.....

M1sf1tM1sf1t Member UncommonPosts: 1,583
Do skills training time reset every skill rank you go ? For example training Learning from Skill rank 1  to 2. Would training Learning Skill rank 1 to level 5 to rank 2 level 1 take as long as Skill rank 1 ? I hope this makes sense.

Games I've played/tried out:WAR, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, AoC, EQ1, EQ2, WoW, Vangaurd, FFXI, D&DO, Lineage 2, Saga Of Ryzom, EvE Online, DAoC, Guild Wars,Star Wars Galaxies, Hell Gate London, Auto Assault, Grando Espada ( AKA SoTNW ), Archlord, CoV/H, Star Trek Online, APB, Champions Online, FFXIV, Rift Online, GW2.

Game(s) I Am Currently Playing:

GW2 (+LoL and BF3)

Comments

• JennysMindJennysMind Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Rank 2 skills will take twice as long to train as Rank 1 skills everything being equal (when not taking learning skills into account). Rank 3 skills would take 3 times as long as Rank 1 skills. etc.....

I hope that helps answer your question.

• Nu11u5Nu11u5 Member Posts: 597

A skill's rank never changes. It is just a figure that tells you how long the skill takes to train at each level, since different skills are supposed to be harder (more time intensive) to learn than others.

All skill "books" of the same type (e.g. Learning, or Frigate, etc.) have the same Rank. So don't try to look for a Skill Book with a lower Rank than others. They are all the same.

A Rank 2 skill takes twice as long as a Rank 1 skill, a Rank 3 skill takes three times as long as a Rank 1 skill, etc.

After learning a skill to level 5, that's it, you have "mastered" the skill. It does not roll over to the next rank or anything, nor will you be able to train to level 6 ever.

You never really need to train any skill above level 3 unless you need the prerequisite to move on, or you want to have that extra ~5% edge. Keep in mind that in training any skill to level 5, 82% of your time spent is just going from level 4 to level 5, while from lvl 4-5 is only 15% and lvl 2-3 is a mere 3%. Its a huge exponential curve that gives diminishing returns the more you work on it.

//insert sig here