Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Attention - SOE is watching these boards

Pjay2kPjay2k Member CommonPosts: 260

You may have recognized that the amount of positive threads about Star Wars Galaxies and the upcoming publish 29 is increased.

And as you guys know, a lot of the threads we open on mmorpg.com get posted on the SOE Boards (which get deleted again after a few minutes and the accounts who posted them get banned off the SOE boards)

But first of all, to those who say that StarWars Galaxies is growing again and everything is getting fine and stuff like that:

check out the server population of star wars galaxies:

Server Population @ Friday (USA time 19th) / Saturday the 20th of May 2006:

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=416043

the most important question, which time based?

you can see on the following screenshot the world time when this screenshot was made:

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=416044

- 3:28 a.m european time

- 7:20 p.m Denver - USA

- 9:20 p.m Miama - USA

- 9:20 p.m Quebec

I got a lot of screenshots during the last few months of the server population and what I noticed is that even at US Star Wars Galaxies prime time the server population is beginning to decrease dramaticly.

it's reaching eurpean level where you won't find "medium" populated servers from the morning into the afternoon or the evening.

regarding the server population screenshot, Star Wars Galaxies is far far away from "growing" again.

Far from it...

it's slowly fading away and even the SOE developers who try to convince us on mmorpg.com can't change this fact.

the upcoming "event" in publish 29 how SOE calls it is nothing but an act of desperation to get back veterans or gain new players to absorb the loss of subscriptions which they got during the last 6 months.

I'm just glad that most veterans on these boards refuse to get fooled again by ridicilous posts of NGE-fans who open threads and post how great the game has become in the last few months and how many players got back.

it simply prooves that some people would even accept a cucumber by SOE just to stay motived to play a game which is doomed to fail over and over again.

one last message to the SOE developers who post bullshit on these boards:

this is what the community wants: http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=415438

think about it next time you delete them and ban the accounts who open those threads...

SOE and NGE-Star Wars Galalaxies:
Raph Koster: "It's like dumping the girlfriend who has always been patient and loving to chase after the supermodel who probably won't love you back."

Comments

• Pjay2kPjay2k Member CommonPosts: 260

you wan't a conclusion of the current SWG game play and the combat changes?

here you go:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/78390

Raph Koster: "It's like dumping the girlfriend who has always been patient and loving to chase after the supermodel who probably won't love you back."

• RekrulRekrul Member Posts: 2,961
    You don't say...

• KehnKehn Member Posts: 180

Well since they're watching:

• xPaladinxPaladin Member UncommonPosts: 741
    lol

-- xpaladin

[MMOz]
    AC1/2, AO, DAoC, EQ1/2, SoR, SWG, UO, WAR, WoW

• mystitiggermystitigger Member Posts: 167

I laughed so hard when I saw that pic..

• britocabritoca Member Posts: 1,484

Originally posted by Pjay2k

Server Population @ Friday the 20th of May 2006:

19th!!! 

-virtual tourist
    want your game back?

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

They are watching?

Makes sense, it isn't as if there is much else to do. Count their disgustomers?

• raven5260raven5260 Member Posts: 22

I hope they are watching!

Maybe they'll learn something...like Humility...
    ADMIT DEFFEAT SOE....THE NGE SUCKS!

• SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928

Originally posted by free2play

They are watching?
    Makes sense, it isn't as if there is much else to do. Count their disgustomers?

If what weve seen over the past 3 years is any sign, they are getting off on all this. Anybody seen the "recent" nightelf boy video?

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529
    Yes, but you realize that $OE has a web filter that changes the words "Horrible" and "Unplayable" and "Rollback" to things like "Sunshine" and "candy" and "Iconic".

If they had ANY ssensory apparatus whatsoever we'd already be playing on classic servers.

Oh, and if anyone IS watching from $OE, please note my avitar and sig, and tell Smed to kiss my ass.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• SquidiSquidi Member Posts: 419
    You really think that there are SOE employees posting here? Here's your tinfoil hat.

• lordkaslordkas Member Posts: 78

(stamps on tinfoil hat) Hi Smed! How the hell are ya? Gimme back my game! BTW I bet you are a NE Female aren't you Smed? Always flirting for a handout.

Lothor Crestingwalker
    Corbantis
    SWG Vet
    Subbed 7-19-03
    Cancelled various times
    I hate the NGE

• XcathdraXcathdra Member CommonPosts: 1,027

Originally posted by Squidi
    You really think that there are SOE employees posting here? Here's your tinfoil hat.

Does that come with your $OE id badge?

Xcathdra

Having access to a billion $ IP - Billions of dollars..
    Having access to a massive fan base of said IP - Even more Billons...
    Singly handedly alienating them due to stupidity - Priceless.

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443
    photoshopped server screens etc etc.. you guys need some new material.

• Pjay2kPjay2k Member CommonPosts: 260

Originally posted by pirrg

if you think the screenshots above are photoshop manupulated and this whole thread is bullshit, then re-subscribe for a month make your own experience.

create a character and take a look at the server population, and then come back again on these boards and tell me I'm wrong.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

I still have a few days on my all access and checked it out.

Basically the screenshot is about right.

• Concord7Concord7 Member Posts: 125

The screens match this comment from  J. Smedley SOE President "IMO we probably need a server merge at some point."

Here is the link from the Official SWG Forums

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=swggpdiscussion&message.id=634119&query.id=0#M634119

• RekrulRekrul Member Posts: 2,961

Nah, I signed for a free trial, and this is exactly the status.

But feel free to provide screenies proving otherwise.
  • britocabritoca Member Posts: 1,484
    to SOE (if they really are snooping):

We're gonna drag your reputation through the sewer and you will drown in your own waste.

we hate you more than you love our money.

-virtual tourist
    want your game back?

• VastarVastar Member Posts: 176

Originally posted by britoca

Well said. (=
  • damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449

Originally posted by Vastar

Well said. (=

and the people that ruined swg need to be ritualistically beaten on a daily basis until their great great great great great great great great great great grandchildren's great great great great great grandchildren are old and feeble.

i wonder if with this new jacked up system, they did away with BH missions?  i mean, up until nge, they couldn't be bothered to fix jacked up BH missions which have been bugged since retail release... so maybe they just did away with them altogether?

nothing but quality in each and every soe game out there.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• microampmicroamp Member UncommonPosts: 37

Originally posted by damian7

Originally posted by Vastar

Well said. (=

and the people that ruined swg need to be ritualistically beaten on a daily basis until their great great great great great great great great great great grandchildren's great great great great great grandchildren are old and feeble.

i wonder if with this new jacked up system, they did away with BH missions?  i mean, up until nge, they couldn't be bothered to fix jacked up BH missions which have been bugged since retail release... so maybe they just did away with them altogether?

nothing but quality in each and every soe game out there.

You mean this kind of bugged BH mission? :D