Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I Come Back

BaddasseBaddasse Member Posts: 13

Hey, I was wondering whether or not I should come back to the game. I mean it has been about 6 months since I played last on AO. I was trying to see everyone's opinion on the subject. First a couple of questions....

1. Are there still alot of people still playing this game? I mean are the servers still very active and stuff?

2. I know alot could not have changed but can anyone tell some stuff that has changed recently?

3. Is Funcom still actively updating stuff and adding to and making changes?

4. Finally, does anyone have any damn clue as to when Lost Eden is suppose to be released?

Yall try to fill me in on everything please. Should I go back to AO or not?

Comments

• 1. Number seems the same as they were 6months ago

2. The only recent patch is for a new 215+ alien raid playfield, theyre patching every 4months or so, before that it was the elysium and mission for lvl 150 people

3. like I said in 2, patch every 4months or so, could be working on LE. but if your 220 with best armor, game will still suck

4. No words from FC on ao website/forums, but ive read someone said it was due for q4 2006, this fall.

If I were you I wouldnt reactivate, you could get sucked back in or just disapointed like I am.

• TonelracTonelrac Member Posts: 6
    Come back on a free account.  If it doesn't tickle your fancy, you've not lost anything.  If you get the AO bug again, happy days and expanions on the horizons
  • vladwwvladww Member UncommonPosts: 417

I came back last month after a 2 years break and i'm very impressed.

At least on RK2 (Rimor Server) There are tons of new players , probably due to the free playing offer . Very easy to find teams for missions / Dungeons / Shadowland outdoor hunting.

The game has vastly improved in every fields except for its graphics ( Lost Eden ?..).

All in all , AO just rocks these days.

Playing : Uncharted Waters Online

• BeanchillaBeanchilla Member Posts: 260

Hey, I was wondering whether or not I should come back to the game. I mean it has been about 6 months since I played last on AO. I was trying to see everyone's opinion on the subject. First a couple of questions....

1. Are there still alot of people still playing this game? I mean are the servers still very active and stuff?

Yes, i cant find a single place unpopulated except for rare times in SL and in some uncrowded landscapes, but theres always people about, and people chatting and the cities always end up giving me lag, very active community. And not much has changed in the past 6 months.

2. I know alot could not have changed but can anyone tell some stuff that has changed recently?

Well they revamped Biomare, which is very nice and new mishs there but i think thats more for the 50-70 crowd. They added a ton of new mishs to elysium to shadowlands (if you come back you might want SL so take a look at that) Most lately they are testing (and soon to release) a new alien raid zone for those about 200 as the poster above me mentioned. You wont be dissapointed.

3. Is Funcom still actively updating stuff and adding to and making changes?

Definitely, they release major patches every few months (with large updates) but every 2 - 3 weeks it seems they release minor patches to fine tune the game. They are very active and funcom is doing a great job, especially whith Lost Eden on the way

4. Finally, does anyone have any damn clue as to when Lost Eden is suppose to be released?

As the poster said above, rumors are fall 2006 to early 07, however with age of conan on the way, the new release of dreamfall, and the continuous work on AO updates. I'm geussing it could be til' mid 07. BUT HEY look at those damn mechs, its gonna be great

Yall try to fill me in on everything please. Should I go back to AO or not?

I'm just getting used to being NOT NEWB in the AO world. I don't think id go as far to say vet, but i definitely have seen ao go through changes good and bad, and honestly. It continous to surprise me every time. I always think "this games dying" BOOM! they have that new free deal, thousands of players (many now subscribers) and im happy. Whenever i doubt content WHAM a new expansion. And continous updates coupled with a fantastic community and fun, fast, action rpg gameplay. This game is just a pleaseant surprise everytime i log on.

Come back, it won't hurt you. Play free if you're worried. This game will be a pleaseant surprise.

oh and im on my "deimmos" toon on RK-2 most of the time now. He's a 61 adv though but ya should send a tell if you need anything.

Just another handsome boy graduate...

• BeanchillaBeanchilla Member Posts: 260

Double post nooooo no
    But heres a free survey!!?

Just another handsome boy graduate...

• ShrikeValeoShrikeValeo Member Posts: 33

come back to AO, just like me. and join the clans!! clans ftw!

*cough* um, anyway, im just trying to make some rich friends on AO, methinks thats the best thing to do. its quite costly at the start, what with nanos etc, and the easy levelling. Im trying to make a cpl, but no luck so far :(

You should defo come play AO though, nice game

• BaddasseBaddasse Member Posts: 13

Thank you all for the info. I am going to come back I think. Not on the free account either I do not think. I miss it greatly and think I will just go back to my normal account. Yes, I do have SL. I am glad to see AO doing so well and look forward to Lost Edend hopefully in the near future.

Oh, by the way, my name is Baddass on RK2, and I am sorry I AM CLAN, hehe.

• ShrikeValeoShrikeValeo Member Posts: 33

YAY! im on rk2 clans as well :) id ask for some money but i suppose its pointless, im just gonna spend it all on booze lol.

Anyway, nice to hear you making a good decision. methinks a welcome back is in order