Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Giving it another shot

::blank::::blank:: Member Posts: 154
Im giving the 14 day trial another shot.. the first time i spent most of it trying to figure out what the hell was going on.. so any suggestions on how to make my second try go better?

Comments

• duncan_922duncan_922 Member Posts: 1,670
    Do the tutorial...   It's esential!

SOE knows what you like... You don't!
    And don't forget... I am forcing you to read this!

• MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353
    don't bother with learning skills at all during the trial, just train skills for things you want to use, once you get through the tutorial buy a better ship but don't spend all of your money, if you get the implant at the end of the missions you should end up with a couple mill if you sell it. If you do venture out of noob space do it in your starter ship, that way if it gets blown up it's really no loss.

• ValiumSummerValiumSummer Member Posts: 1,008

There is a corp called something like "EvE University" I think they are a member of the Big Blue Alliance.  I was told they train you on how to PvP properly.   I was planning on joining them myself sometime but a recent move, coupled with ccp moving all three of my active agents about the galaxy (not to mention making them inactive till june 1st) has drained my desire to play EvE (or any game for that matter). 

After Mining for the first 3 months at launch (then quitting) then restarting 2 months ago and spending most of that time running missions, I think I would recommend avoiding mining and missions exept when absolutely necessary.   I know at first you almost have to.   But I would try to make the switch to a 0.0 corp a.s.a.p.  

A good corp will help you out w/ ships and such.  

I have listened in on Big Blue's team speak channel while they hunted, tracked and pinned down two highly skilled Pirates in their system.   It was truly riveting.   I wasn't even near the system they were in.   I was just listening to the chatter.   I was amazed at the amount of strategy being used by both Big Blue and the pirates they were after.   Thats when I realized I was wasting my time mining and doing missions in secure space.

If i decide to play the game again I will go straight into 0.0 and find a good corp.   In the mean time I'm just training my Advanced learning skills.  

You don't have to buy the client it is free.   You should just play a couple months and not just give it two weeks (free trial).   I just don't think 14 days is enough time.

• mindspatmindspat Member Posts: 1,367

Originally posted by ::blank::
    Im giving the 14 day trial another shot.. the first time i spent most of it trying to figure out what the hell was going on.. so any suggestions on how to make my second try go better?

DO NOT MINE!!!

Post on the EVE forums under the coroprate recruitment area and state your inexperianec and desire to see what the game has to offer.  Someone referenced EVE University, find them and join them if you want a little more from your 14 day trial. 

• LardarzLardarz Member Posts: 55
    Do the tutorial
    Avoid Mining like the plague
    Do a few agent missions to get your bearings
    Join the recruitment channel and try to get into a qualiity corp that caters for noobs - my suggestions would be Frog Morton Industries, Goonfleet or Eve University.
    Go on some corp operations and fly with people.
    After 2 weeks of that go out into 0.0 and play with the big kids and kill some things.

Get used to losing cheap frigates and cruisers to avoid getting sucked into carebear ways.

-----------------------------
    'Argueing with an Eve player is like argueing with a religous nut. '

• pmaurapmaura Member UncommonPosts: 530

Eve is a social game about tactics and empire building to a degree. 0 space is fun but tough but you corp should help you through. Mining is ok for some reason I find it relaxing, pvp is tense and dangerous areas are dangerous.

There are aliances, war, treachery, pirates, carebears, mercs, and more. This is a great game give it a month.