Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I just got owned.

xIMPxxIMPx Member Posts: 191
Worlds collide owned me!   Now I'm depressed and going to bed...

Comments

• WrayethWrayeth Member Posts: 229
    D'oh.  It happens a lot more often since they nerfed mission payout and increased mission difficulty.  I'm glad I'm no longer a mission whore - I kill NPCs in 0.0, instead.

-Wrayeth
    "Look, pa! I just contributed absolutely nothing to this thread!"

• JennysMindJennysMind Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Worlds Collide has a nice payout for a lvl 1 mission. I believe somewhere around 200k ISK. The key to this mission is you want to get to the disabled ship as fast as you can and avoid fighting. This is the time you should think about using tank mods and an afterburner so you can take some damage and get through quicker.

• belonnabelonna Member Posts: 67

yeah man dont try and fight them they will pwn you i tryed fighting with my caldari ship and still got owned i didnt die but it was close i had to repair and start again really all you want is to run like hell dont stop to admire the scenery and dont bother targeting them they dont give you very good loot anyway so you arnt missing out on much so dont worry about that.

ab and a good frigate will help you alot get in and out asap if you get to the place where the ship is you atre fine you shoul;d be able to take on them i only lost 50% shield and i wasnt tanking ive done it 3 times and everytime i have treid to fight them and it hasnt worked i end up having to warp out.

so pretty much do a runner

Live, Breath, Cause. HaVoK

• AzirophosAzirophos Member Posts: 447

I honestly don't see why people have problems with that mission. I did it on various levels, with various ships from cruiser to battleship and I succeeded each time.

I actually like the mission, because the respawns make it a nice one to make loot and cash.

------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Mandolin

Designers need to move away from the old D&D level-based model which was never designed for player vs player combat in the first place.

• SonOfAGhostSonOfAGhost Member Posts: 383
    This illustrates one of the few things about Eve I don't like: re-use of mission names. There's 2 Worlds Collide missions, L1 and L4. There's 2 Human Cattle (series), L2 and L4. There's several that have versions for all 4 levels.

I'm assuming the OP is talking about the L1 version as newbs get caught off-guard by it all the time trying to kill every ship in all 4 rooms their 1st day playing. Azirophos is obviously talking about the higher level version as only frigates and destroyers can activate the gates for the L1 version.

• ValiumSummerValiumSummer Member Posts: 1,008

For all the complexity EvE has in everythign from the scope of the universe you play in to the vast number and complexity of the items you use in the game, you would think that the missions would be of the same caliber.

The missions suck (or more accurately the lack of variety in the missions suck).

I must have had to do "Massive attack" 10 times for my agent.   Once the agent I was working for gave me the same mission 3 times in a row.  

If i ever do start missions again it will be to get a navy raven.

If  i regain my interest when summer is over I think  I'm gonna just bury myself in PVP.  I am a complete noob @ pvp but its the only thing left for me to do and If I don't like that then I'm done with EvE forever because I'm not mining anymore and I'm not doing missions anymore.    Its not a solo'ers game in my opinion and I've been solo'ing (with two accounts).

IMP, what did you lose in terms of ships and equipment?

• AzirophosAzirophos Member Posts: 447

Originally posted by SonOfAGhost
    Azirophos is obviously talking about the higher level version as only frigates and destroyers can activate the gates for the L1 version.
    I am quite sure I did that mission at LvL2, though I cant recall what ship, and I did it once in a cruiser (LvL4, iirc). Did it so often, so I may mix up things.

Originally posted by SonOfAGhost
    This illustrates one of the few things about Eve I don't like: re-use of mission names...... (snip) .....I'm assuming the OP is talking about the L1 version as newbs get caught off-guard by it all the time trying to kill every ship in all 4 rooms their 1st day playin
    This only illustrates, that people should read the mission description more carefully, and not automatically assume... uhum... I have to kill everything. Not wanting to sound offensive here, but I have seen it happen all too often....e.g. "I can't warp to thsoe two spawns... it only shows me one bookmark not 3"... Maybe the others are in an other system? ..."Oh... yeah... that was it!"......

Things like that .

EDIT: Oh IMP, one offer.... get in touch with me if you need help with that mission: Get in chanel TOSGI, or PM me here.

------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Mandolin

Designers need to move away from the old D&D level-based model which was never designed for player vs player combat in the first place.