Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can Everquest 2 possibly be a letdown???

mrwigglz07mrwigglz07 Member Posts: 283
Can everquest two possibly be a let down.

[img]http://www.bowlingfortruth.com/images/banner.gif[img]

If you wait to do something until the last minute, your more efficient since it will only take 1 minute.

Comments

• YordoYordo Member Posts: 831
    There's always a chance...but I think that since they have so much experience with EQ1....they will be totally ready for the release of EQ2.  It won't be bug free, of course, but a lot better than SWG and some of the other games out now. 

::Yordo::
    EQ2 Guild Search
    UXO, Lineage 2, KO, Guild Wars, Dragon Empires, City of Heroes

• BKOOLBKOOL Member Posts: 67
    If anything does go wrong with Everquest 2 (knock on wood) i would think that they could always bump up the grapichs on EQ1, add a coulple extra items and missions, and then just sell it again.  I know that even though a lot of people would not agree with it they would still buy it.  But as far as Everquest 2 being a let down, I really doubt it.  Hopefully all goes well and EQ2 can better the first.

Well...once beta starts, we will be able to see if the game will actually be worth it.  I am buying this game no matter what, but I really hope that it doesn't bomb.  It should be incredible......hopefully beta starts soon so all the speculation will finally come to an end.

EQ2 Guild Search

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724
    Unfortunately EQ2 has already let me down repeatedly.  I loved the first EQ but the ideas and graphics behind EQ2 are very disappointing.

• mrwigglz07mrwigglz07 Member Posts: 283
    can you explain to me misti about this letdown on graphics????

If you wait to do something until the last minute, your more efficient since it will only take 1 minute.

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

I agree with you Misti.  They [SOE] are trying a little to hard to make the game as good as it can, but I believe the more they try the SH**ER the game looks.  I wouldn't have a single doubt in my mind that this game will be nothing more then EverQuest with a new look...  nothing new, etc...

I'm all for World of Warcraft and Lineage II.

What will he do next?
  • SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

Misti and Djin...you guys are wack *cough democrats cough*

i don't see how you can think...just THINK that eqii will be a letdown.

the graphics bad...

did you just say the graphics are bad?

ARE YOU NUTS!?

get some glasses or somehting...LOOK AT THE SCREENS, there is no way...NO WAY that this game will consist of bad graphics.

EQII is setting a new standard for graphics..l.if you wanna see bad graphics, go check the lineage II screens!

I think you guys are all hyped up over SOE failing, because of SWG...

lemme elaborate on that for you guys, as it may not be clear to you

SWG SUCKED because LUCAS ARTS, yea that's right LUCAS ARTS helped them make it...Lucas Arts didn't do a good job...

you think soe is doin a bad job?

ONE MISTAKE AND THEY'RE DOING A BAD JOB!?

THIS is the reason why all those freaking democrats want Bush out, because of ONE MISTAKE

ONE

look at all the good things SOE has done...take EverQuest for example, the number one mmorpg in the whole world, for such a long time...so much, that 3 people were killed over it!

look at planetside! good game!

and im awaiting eqii, it is the game that will set a new standard

so Please, do NOT come to the EverQuest II forums and bash the graphics, what is there to bash?

These graphics pwn all the other games out, and all the other games coming out for atleast a year.

EQII WILL PWN YOUR ASSES! AND WHNE YOU'RE PLAYING ANOTHER GAME, FIND OUT IT SUCKS, THEN CHANGE TO EQII, AND ASK ME FOR HELP, I'LL SAY "BUT NOOO, I THOUGHT EQII HAS BAD GRAPHICS!"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

*clears throat*

oh...err...

sorry about thatimage

In a way murt is right... THe democrat thing was kinda weird but EQ2 does own... Look at the screenshots, read the requests, look at the company SOE.  I dont think any game has been anticipated this much by fans.  High anticipation can cause room for let down but I believe that EQ2 will be superior although you may doubt it.  I mean djinn, murt was right....LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO STAR WARS GALAXIES!!!

giggle*

did i just giggle like a little school girl,,,,,why yes i did!!!

• Billius8Billius8 Member Posts: 574
    Everquest II will be a letdown if it comes out too late.  Got my sights already set on Ultima Odyssey.  Whichever game comes out first will be the game I play.

• UltimaweaponUltimaweapon Member Posts: 30

What are good specs for playing eqii. Here are mine

Windows XP

1.4Ghz

Ati Radeon 7000(sucks I know)

256mb ram

Sound card???

I know I need to upgrade but what are the necessary requirement to play it smooth. So can you tell me which parts i need to upgrade and to what. Also will eq2 be uber laggy because of 56k.

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Here are the minimum specs:

Processor: 1GHZ or greater

Ram: 512 MB

Video Card: DX 9 compatible with 64 MB

Sound Card: Direct sound compatible audio hardware

• Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955
    Anything run by SoE can be a letdown, I'm going for Lineage 2 instead.

I'd say one of the only problems that EQ2 is going to have is their demanding system specs.  If not for that, even more people would have tried it.  But still, an incredible number of people are going to be buying this game at release.

EQ2 Guild Search

What would be a good graphics card to buy for EQ2 which is good value and will run it good.

• billiebillie Member UncommonPosts: 400

the radeon 9800pro will be the standard in gpu for the next year, till the DX9 and DX10 api start geting implemented (programable logic /shaders and 32bit /pixel in output buffer.) The nvedia over priced over clocked gpu seem to not perform as well to the radeons in most all gaming comparisons. Much less be available.
    With this year's pci-express (X16 agp) motherboards and 1MB cache prescott cpu + the 64 bit OS... those 4 & 5GHz desktops will make the current X8 agp/ 3GHz cpu comparable to 2 & 3 yr old laptops @ 300 & 400MHz with their 8MB integrated video.

ultimaweapon..

in one word

no...

you're rig won't support itimage

Yeah, the only downside of EQ2 is the very demanding system specs.  You need a top notch PC to be able to even meet the minimum requirements, which really sucks.  I need to put some money into mine before the game comes out.

EQ2 Guild Search

Yeah, I believe it will be a big let down, but since a lot of people are brainwashed with EQ1, I also believe that there will be a large following to this game.

What will he do next?
    i wont mention any names but didnt the last member that posted on this forum play swg and hailed it before it came out...just checking

So I will ask again what will be the best card approx in money and value to buy for eq2 when it is almost out.

That all depends WHEN EverQuest II comes out.  Right now the two best videocards are the Nvidia GeForce 5950 Ultra w/ 256MB RAM for about $500 or the ATi Radeon 9800XT w/ 256MB RAM...

Either one you can't go wrong.  I bought my GeForce FX 5900 for about $230...  I've overclocked it so it runs faster then the 5950 Ultra...  not a bad deal...  So it all depends on your CPU, RAM and videocard to get the most out of any game.

What will he do next?
  • StijunStijun Member Posts: 100

Well it really odes depend on anything else you would want to do. I am currently on a geoforce 5950 ultra but if you want preformance I would suggest a geoforce 5700 xt or a raedeon 9600 pro.

Why would you want to get a 5700 or a 9600 for performance?  Are you sure you got that word right? I would want a 5950 Ultra or something better if I wanted performance... if you want budget, I would go with a 5700 or 9600, but both of those are garbage videocards...

Just save your money and buy an ATI 9700/9800 or a Nvidia 5900/5950...  no ifs-ands or buts.

What will he do next?
  • StijunStijun Member Posts: 100

Sorry I did not make my point clearly, what I meant to say is for a budget (which many of us are on) they are fine cards for what you need. The thing is for mmorpgs they will never really be pushing the barrier as much as single player games sadly (although they will get damn close).

Now in New Zealand these graphics cards are not cheap my graphics card set me back around $1025

*snip snip*

Originally posted by Djin

Right now the best videocard is the ATi Radeon 9800XT w/ 256MB RAM...

hmm...i wonder who has that one...

imageimage