Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wow..not the game..but disgust

2»

Comments

• elitwebbelitwebb Member Posts: 342

Originally posted by ::blank::

Turbine is garbage.. they keep putting these garbage games out..for some reason they are afraid of pvp..this game could have been so cool. If people were able to play the evil side..it could have been awesome..but of course instead you cant play the evil side..so it will be a garbage game with no pvp.. D&D online has to be one of the most dissapointing games i have ever played..this is looking to go down the same road...
    I dont think this company knows how to put a good game out anymore.

And why are you so afraid of playing a game without PvP?  Is your life that screwed up that you feel the need to play games in which you have to kill other people?  Not every MMO needs PvP.  I for one certainly moved this down on my must play list when I found out about the added PvP.
  • the'doc'the'doc' Member Posts: 25
    ok my take on the whole thing: turbine butchered d&d online i will give you that but i can hardly judge a game on not having certain features before it is released....i don't totally agree with not having the evil races as player characters that is kinda lame and as for pvp well the way i look at it is that tolkien books where never really about massive battles they more of traveling discovering new places fellowship hence the name of the first book in the three part series...it is the movies that have put more emphasis on major battles.  i would rather be knee deep in the lore than getting killed by an uber 60 wizard or something... so thats my take flame away if you will
  • GrindalyxGrindalyx Member UncommonPosts: 657
    On this evil race thing. If they were to make evil races playbable what would we lvl up on? Bunnies and birds? There really isn't alot of creatures in the books for the free people to lvl up on and turbine can't go creating just any mobs they want for the game. All that they do create will have to fit the lore as tolkien wrote it. Just a thought.

imageimage

• gr8mcgr8mc Member Posts: 14

actually if they was make the evil side playable you would have to fight your fellow orcs,goblins,trolls etc as thats pretty much what there about proving who is stronger and scarier, where as the good side are about exploration,discovery and team work.

the whole reason there was peace in middle earth is because the evil side without the threat of sauron's wrath was too busy killing each other to organise into a forced that could threaten the rest of middle earth so if the game was to be based on tolkiens work the good side would have 95% pve content where the evil side would have 95% pvp content you would spend your time trying to kill 1 thing to level up while your fellow players would be trying to kill you so they could kill the thing, the evil side would have to vastly outnumber the good side but would have less skills against the more skilled and more impressive good side this isn't wow this is something different and sooner people realise the better this game has the potential to be the best game of its kind i only hope the game designers also realise this and put in the extra effort as lord of the rings has a rich background for them to work from

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Originally posted by elitwebb

And why are you so afraid of playing a game without PvP?  Is your life that screwed up that you feel the need to play games in which you have to kill other people?  Not every MMO needs PvP.  I for one certainly moved this down on my must play list when I found out about the added PvP.

Show me a game where PvE is challenging, then we can talk about dropping the PvP.

"Oh look, this monster is even con to me, let's fight it. Oh I killed it look at that."

"Oh this monster is lvl 10 and I'm lvl 13...hey that was easy!"

"Look out that monster is purple to me, better steer clear. Whew...that was close."

Please point out this awesome, challenging PvE game for me. You can't? I didn't think so.

Joined - July 2004

• AtlanArmorAtlanArmor Member Posts: 2
    I have played mmorpgs since the days of Ultima Online, and I find the PvE games to be the most fun to play.  I don't care how "carebear" it is, I hate the element in the PvP servers.  It brings out the worse in human beings.  I'll take a terrific PvE game with heavy lore, monthly story updates, and super developer involvement anyday (i.e. Asheron's Call 1, the best MMORPG ever) of the week over PvP teen angst fighting garbage.
  • GrindalyxGrindalyx Member UncommonPosts: 657

Originally posted by remyburke

Originally posted by elitwebb

Show me a game where PvE is challenging, then we can talk about dropping the PvP.

"Oh look, this monster is even con to me, let's fight it. Oh I killed it look at that."

"Oh this monster is lvl 10 and I'm lvl 13...hey that was easy!"

"Look out that monster is purple to me, better steer clear. Whew...that was close."

Please point out this awesome, challenging PvE game for me. You can't? I didn't think so.

Check out Uru Live. From what i read about it the pve will be challenging since it is basically a myst online game. Anyone who played myst knows how challenging any of the myst games are.

imageimage