Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Playstation 3? Xbox 360? Wii?

DaEm0nDaEm0n Member Posts: 520

Just a little curious, and I'm sorry if this was posted before.

But after the E3 conferences and updates, what will you be planning to get?

Wii and the 360 seem to be the highlights for E3 all because of the PS3's price. But, if you think about it, with all the technology the PS3 is offering, $499-$599 is pretty good.

This siggy is CGI that my cousin made in 4 hours.

Comments

• nothing2geinnothing2gein Member Posts: 176
    I'm going to side with the XBOX 360. But I'm also interested in the Wii.

Sony's smoke and mirrors are finally gone. They can't hide behind their CGI this year.

The XBOX  is a great system ( I own). I like the "new" XBOX LIVE. The downloadables are endless. They've been letting us have demos from E3 through LIVE. We have gotten Test Drive and Lost Planet so far. They've posted all the unveiled footage from E3 so far. The games it has (though very few :(  ) are great.

I respect Nintendo for not trying to "pwn" MS and SOE with graphics. Their control will really change how we play games as long as enough games take advantage of it.

• ZhanghiaZhanghia Member UncommonPosts: 1,312

I'd have to go with Playstation 3, a bold line up. I feel that only because they pulled their heavy guns (a mild modifcation to the regular xbox) early that they even stand a chance. Sony has proved time and time again that they're able to pull the reins of a new era. Xbox has only a handful of exclusive games (including Jade Empire, which is now going to PC with new features). As they say, variety is the spice of life.

EDIT: And I'm not geting a playstation immediately after seeing what xbox 360 has proven. Over heating, giant power supplies, and games that would run on regular xbox but not the 360.

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043
    Ya, PS3 for me as well. Although at a later point I may end up getting a revolution as well.

Playstation has always had great games and many are PS exclusive, unlike Xbox which most of its games end up on the PC anyways.

• NeptusNeptus Member UncommonPosts: 988

PS3
    Always been a fan since PS1, going to continue trusting them.

Neptus - FFXI - Pandemonium
    Neptus - WoW - Detheroc

• SlickinfinitSlickinfinit Member UncommonPosts: 1,094
    wii I have always been loyal to nintendo, Metroid and Zelda have always been good and looking forward to Mario Galaxies to.

{(RIP)} SWG

• Sky-DreamSky-Dream Member Posts: 64
    With great titles like FFXIII and MGS4, and future games release. Why would I be looking elsewhere? Beside, I had my first PS1 Console since 1998. I'm definity keeping my eyes on PS3.
  • methane47methane47 Member CommonPosts: 3,701
    Hmm I'm definitely going PS3 on this one.
    To me people are acting as if the price of the PS3 is a shock.. But the price is one thing i was dead on... For months there have been reports that the PS3 was going to be expensive and difference people and companies have been speculating on a 500-600 price... So I really dont understand why people thought it would have been cheaper...
    For me... I think it's a good deal. Lets just look at Microsoft for example.. How much is the HD-DVD player going to cost..??? I'm willing to bet my underwear that it's going to cost $100... So if you look down in the future... XBox360 people will be paying the same as PS3...

I'm going with Sony because they're always strong... and they always have alot of support...

What's your Wu Name?
    Donovan --> Wu Name = Violent Knight
    Methane47 --> Wu Name = Thunderous Leader
    "Some people call me the walking plank, 'cuz any where you go... Death is right behind you.."
    <i>ME<i>

• NihilanthNihilanth Member Posts: 1,357

Deffinitely a Wii, maybe a 360, and not a PS3.

Nintendo continues to amaze me with their new controller, and I just can't wait to try it out for myself. Microsoft has better graphics and seems to generally have more mature games than Nintendo does. Plus, I've played on my friends XBOX 360s and I love that system. Oh, and don't forget Halo 3. As for Sony, I'm completely unimpressed. It's incredibly expensive (both system and individual games - gee thanks totally un-needed Blue Ray) and they totally ripped the other two systems (a button almost identical to the XBOX center button functionality, and motion sensitivity). PS3 doesn't seem to be anything more than an overpriced, overhyped, uninovative machine. I didn't like the PS1. I didn't like the PS2. I'm most likely not going to like the PS3.

Schutzbar - Human Warrior - Windrunner Alliance - World of Warcraft
    Nihilanth - Kerra Paladin - Blackburrow - EverQuest II
    XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

• GideonGideon Member UncommonPosts: 629
    Im an xbox fan but that doesnt keep me from being updated on the new systems coming out. Im really interested on how the Wii will do. PS3 costs to much for my pockets to handle and I doubt I will get one of these for a long long time (if i ever do).

• HardcorebassHardcorebass Member Posts: 101
    I liked PS1, bad graphics, but great games.  PS2 was 10 times more fun and I bet the 3th one is going to be even better!!  So, give me PS3
  • PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646
    Wii or Xbox 360 currently. They impressed the most on E3. Plus: I can buy both for less than 1 PS3.
    The PS3 is basicly only available at the expensive version, since the cheap versions Bluray drive is appearently gimped. Who wants Bluray movies at dvd quality?

• reavoreavo Member Posts: 2,173
    Playstation 3.
    Then Nintendo Wii.

That PS3 looks like it's going to be awesome.  The power behind it is incredible.  It may cost a little more, but not really that much more for what you're getting.

And I've always liked Nintendo games.  They're not afraid to focus on creativity and fun.  I like how they have really off the wall games and ideas.

• RyldRyld Member Posts: 99

Nintendo has piqued my interest with their innovations, I will buy a Wii.

The delays Sony have dropped on us are suspect, and after hearing of the difficulties programing the PS3 processor I have begun to wonder if delays and vaporware will be the standard for the PS3. Even though its the best machine of the bunch, I will be putting the PS3 and its high dollar price on the back burner for a long time.

Xbox seems to have a major edge in the HD race, I had put off buying one in anticipation of the PS3, but that will change. The 360s are now on the shelves bug free, great titles are pouring in, and Live environment is thriving. The 360 will be my primary gaming system for at least the next two years.

R

• VilendlVilendl Member Posts: 33

I have to go PS3 here. They just have too many hands in the cookie jar at the moment. Developer's will flock to the PS3, because they now there is an instant high fan base there. Don't get me wrong the PS3 will be the hub for a lot of crap, but thats why they can still be functional and have a better base for new and unique ideas.

As far as Nintendo.......How many 300-500 dollar systems do you expect me to buy to get the next Zelda? As far as X-Box 360 goes, they still will not pull the same weight as Sony will upon release. Don't get me wrong though its a nice system. However it's reaching as far as the next Gen goes IMHO.

• FireburstFireburst Member UncommonPosts: 200
    I wanna Wii  

I have to say that the Nintendo is the only console I am even remotely interested in. I love innovation which is something a lot of game development companies seem to lack.

• VilendlVilendl Member Posts: 33

Oh you mean like the nintendo glove, or that robot thing? Or maybe you meant the gymnastic pad they came out with? Innovation is one thing. Coming out with a crap idea for one crap game is another.

Anyone up for a game of duck hunt?!

• zoey121zoey121 Member Posts: 926

nintendo looking forward to it

i don't care what games are in ps3 line up, thats more then some folks house and car payments

By the by anyone looking at new hd tvs lately price range for 20 - 27 inch fall in line with 547- 999 depending on what features your'e interested in

• FireburstFireburst Member UncommonPosts: 200

Originally posted by Vilendl

Oh you mean like the nintendo glove, or that robot thing? Or maybe you meant the gymnastic pad they came out with? Innovation is one thing. Coming out with a crap idea for one crap game is another.

You seem to forget all the cool things Nintendo have developed. Now where did Sony get that idea for an analogue controller, or rumble feedback. Wireless joypad anyone?....
  • basaltbasalt Member Posts: 84

the ps3 sounds and looks cool from wot i have seen

i h8 the controllers tho, they r like a boomerang!

i wish i had a rabbit

• methane47methane47 Member CommonPosts: 3,701

Originally posted by basalt

the ps3 sounds and looks cool from wot i have seen
    i h8 the controllers tho, they r like a boomerang!

Well you clearly haven't been updated... Sony just released the design of their new control.. It will be a silverish looking dual analog control. That has the ability to sense tilting. and A button in the center of the control.

What's your Wu Name?
    Donovan --> Wu Name = Violent Knight
    Methane47 --> Wu Name = Thunderous Leader
    "Some people call me the walking plank, 'cuz any where you go... Death is right behind you.."
    <i>ME<i>

• n25phillyn25philly Member Posts: 1,317
    So far, none of them sound at that appealing.  If I had to choose it would be PS3 because of the games, but even then it's not enough to justify the price.  I think it's going to be a little while before I get into the next gen with consoles which is fine since I mainly play games on my PC anyway.

member of imminst.org

• WhatTheHeoWhatTheHeo Member Posts: 224

Ps3 but I won't buy it yet, I'll wait and see what is has in store for me the near future.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it...

• DaEm0nDaEm0n Member Posts: 520

Originally posted by Fireburst

You seem to forget all the cool things Nintendo have developed. Now where did Sony get that idea for an analogue controller, or rumble feedback. Wireless joypad anyone?....

Yes, but Sony also helped Nintendo with the use of CD's in gaming. Nintendo rejected the idea, so Sony made the PS1 and Nintendo sticked to cartridges. Until now, that is.. (^_^)

This siggy is CGI that my cousin made in 4 hours.

• SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928

Originally posted by DaEm0n

Originally posted by Fireburst

Yes, but Sony also helped Nintendo with the use of CD's in gaming. Nintendo rejected the idea, so Sony made the PS1 and Nintendo sticked to cartridges. Until now, that is.. (^_^)

Sony didnt help Nintendo get into CD's....Nintendo had no choice its the path technology has taken. CDs can hold more data and produce better images.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• DragonwinterDragonwinter Member Posts: 9
    I"m going with the 360 and Wii. PS3 cost too much and I can get both of those systems for the price of one PS3. Besides in my opinion the graphics of the PS3 doesn't look much better then those of the 360. I'll probally get flamed for that one but its an opinion.  Plus I feel that Sony is forcing us into the HD age with its blue ray drive coming standard but again its only opinion.