Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For those who would take the MMO out of MMORPG

Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

DELETED

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

Comments

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

I see what you're saying, Ramonski and i am pretty sure many left the game cause of your explanation.

However, the force grouping...did it bother me? Yes.  Was it the just the force grouping that made me leave?  No.

I left the game because when I finally did get in a group, a had to pray that the group itself wouldn't get me killed as many, many groups slowly became more dim-witted as the weeks drew on. The first groups were great as they were pretty much former beta testers who knew all the right spots. But then it just got bad.

Finally, the camping issue put the death bullet in my FFXI CDs.  Gawd, if I had to sit and camp one more time in that game i would have just been a very bitter person.  Truthfully, the zones really arent that big considering Americans, Canadians, and Japanese (plus other countries) share the same servers....It was like 300 people huddled on the beach taking turns whacking beach pugils and hoping your team could lock the combat with the monster before the other team did.

So, it wasnt just the force grouping...it was the inadequate parties and camping issues that probably made many of us leave....or at least, some of us.

LOL, plus, (I know this is just pure vanity), but IHATED the fact that there like a bunch of people that looked just like me.  For a MMORPG, you would want a little more uniqueness

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

Thanks for your input En1Gma, I welcome any civilized remark. With that, now let me ask you this. What class did you play? Warrior? If not warrior was it a melee class of any sort? And if so how was your job/sjob set up?

Why I ask you say? Because like many, most people don't wander far from the beaten path. If you were a melee type, I bet you had warrior subbed with it for maximum appeal. I've heard countless times how if I subbed WM with my PAL, I wouldn't get into many groups. To the nay sayers I say begone! I play the way I picture how I want my characters to be.

Why bring this up? Simple. Those same beta testers you played with are playing in the same frame of mind as their old beta days, get it? They are still locked into what they believe will afford them maximum return. And so the masses follow suit. So there is your zone camping problem. The same people who swear that their way of setting up your character will get you in groups are the same jokers that are flooding the same zones populated by old beta players.

People have to learn to blaze their own trails. Stop doing what others deem the best way if you are not trying to level up for the sake of being a uber L33T or 'gasp' to sell your account off to ebay. Do some research, ask around. Find out if other mobs will offer more boon than those beta days. I'm just saying enjoy the game for what it's worth, a game . To relax and enjoy.

It doesn't take rocket science to know that you can guzzle beer and you can guzzle wine to get the same effect, but wine is best sipped slowly to enjoy.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• mrwigglz07mrwigglz07 Member Posts: 283
    yeah......what he said

[img]http://www.bowlingfortruth.com/images/banner.gif[img]

If you wait to do something until the last minute, your more efficient since it will only take 1 minute.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

hey, Ramonski

I pretty much played a Warrior/WHm (lvl 25/12) before I left the game

LOL, i know i know....it was hell finding a group with that sorta character make up.  But it was the best class to have (in my opinion) when I wanted to solo

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• bountydogbountydog Member Posts: 27
    i didnt like the fact that after a point you absolutly had to have a group and not just any group you had to have a whm and you had to have a tank if you didnt have either you got no where fast i spent more time in my free month looking for a group than i did playing the game and that is just not right i like grouping but if i cant find a group i want to be able to progress with out one and you just cant do that in ffXI
  • RobbgobbRobbgobb Member UncommonPosts: 674
    I will be trying this game since it comes with the Playstation2 hard drive. I will see in that month if I want to stay with the game or play till City of Heroes or World of Warcraft come out. If the worlds are getting as crowded as some say or finding good hunting areas are hard too find then I will go to another game. I don't mind grouping but I also do not stick with groups that get me killed. I am not saying groups that I die in. I have learned the hard way that most ppl that group and get the group killed are difficult to change. I know that I am curious to try a Tarutaru Red Mage that will want to explore the Summoner and Dragoon advanced classes. I figure will play this game for a few months at least. I can say that everyone looking the same don't bother me too much.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

To En1Gma: WAR/WM huh? Definately not the norm when it comes to being group oriented, I applaud you for that. It's just too bad you and I didn't play on the same sever, your rational would have been a welcome addition in the mass of wannabes.

To Bountydog: Before I respond did you read the post I made above?^ If not then I suggest you do so, it explains why I agree soloing should not be a option. If you did then excuse my brashness. I will try to explain further:

As you progress and get higher in level why should you be afforded the spoils of killing inferior mobs with no danger to yourself? The only mistake I can hold against FFXI is the use of words to con mobs. This alone creates the illusion that one can take on more than he/she can handle. Color codes would have worked better.

Now the main focus of any MMORPG is developing your character. Leveling is just one facet of this overall development. Why so many are blinded with thinking that a one-on-one fight with a level 30 warrior and a level 30 dragon will favor the warrior is beyond me. Conning in this game is based on level match, not SKILL match. If you feel the need to level alone, one should not expect the payout to be worth anything......remember you can only swing that blade on the practice dummy for so long and expect gains.......  

• SamuraiEtoSamuraiEto Member Posts: 50

/clap Ramonski7...

My thoughts exactly on everything :) Couldn't have said it better myself. Long live FFXI :)