Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Change Char?

UiruruUiruru Member Posts: 984
I was wondering if anyone was going to change their char type whwn they have to make new chars... I was thinking about becoming a rogue or a magician... Feedback?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Oh my god... dont ask where i found it

A: 73% S: 66% K: 33% E: 26%

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 98% who has, copy & paste this in your signature.

A: 73% S: 66% K: 33% E: 26%

Comments

• ParaTrooperParaTrooper Member Posts: 1,961
    Yer i'll probably make a priest just because there are so few of them.

Lords Of The Mist - A World of Warcraft guild.
    http://www.lordsofthemist.com/

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.
    -----------------------------------------
    ParaTrooper, That guy that used to mod the MMORPG.com forums.

• neschrianeschria Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    I am pretty happy being a Priest, but I may switch sides... if I have to make new characters anyway.

This is where I draw the line: __________________.

Thinking about it though i may be a warrior, just so i can use a Scythe n look cool image err... not that i don't anyway image lol, i'm thinking ALOT of people will become rouge's because they are apparently overpowered but i'm just waiting for them to get nerf'd so i get a laugh out of it image

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.

• YordoYordo Member Posts: 831
    I know this question has been asked before but I need a real answer if possible....Are they deleting all current accounts and characters or just the characters?  I really want to know the answer to this question!

::Yordo::
    EQ2 Guild Search
    UXO, Lineage 2, KO, Guild Wars, Dragon Empires, City of Heroes

They just doin a character wipe, the accounts should still be there.

• MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

I can pretty much guarentee there will be a rouge nerf to begin with and a pretty hard one at that. It is quiet evident their class is overpowered compared to the others available and people will make enough noise that it happens. So with this in mind, I shall remain as a Mage of sorts with the beginning role as a sorceror.

- Malkavian image

"When you find yourself falling into madness... Dive." - Malkavian Proverb

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"

• cedoricedori Member Posts: 500

I agree rouge class is indeed overpowered.  Any word on when charater wipe might happen? 

Rogue class may be overpowered but it is still a lot of fun.  When they wipe the chars I'll probably be a rogue again.  And usually most people want to be mages who are new, so the rogue won't have a ton of people.  Unless they learn that it is the easiest class.

EQ2 Guild Search

Well today i went and made a Priest and a Warrior just to try them out (Note for dev's need 4 character slots :D ) One thing i was surprised to find was that you could between all three characters share your vault space :) so i went and chucked a bit of money and some items from my mage to my new characters.

Part1: The warrior experience
    unfortunately it was lagging rather badly at the time so the first few levels were a bit of a struggle, watching my character hit a worm a billion times only to watch the lag stop and the worm i had targeted to not be anywhere near me, but eventually the lag stopped and the smooth gameplay continued.

There seemed to be very few combat styles up till lvl 10 and they all seemed useless to me. Once i got lvl 10 i immediately did the lvl up quest in the arena, now when i did this with my mage i had some problems because back then being the n00b i was i didn't carry around a mass of potions, luckily there was a warrior who helped me but this time i was on my own. After few slash hack and chops, i'd managed to get 10 certificates, 5 more than i needed...5 more that still remain in my inventory unable to remove them by any means, a bug that needs reporting image Well now i was faced with the specialization path... a difficult one i must say as they all seemed very useful in some aspect. However i am splitting between attack and defense spec's for the moment and it's going good so far.

unfortunately i got caught in the trap of not realizing the error in item requirements so i had to respec my extra health points back into strength which didn't come cheap for a lvl 11. Anyway off i went to find what i could and could not kill as i'd forgotten from my other character and failed to write down (which i again didn't do...stupid me).

It's a good thing theres no PvP in the starting area because i managed to group with a mage who while being slightly annoying from his obsession to keep my slow ass moving and killing werewolves(i was resting ya know they hurt me..."i want my mummy!" lol) But i managed to get to lvl 17 in a good 20-30mins so i was happy with the effort. It was about this time i got my strength to a level where i could use my 2-h mace/hammer thingy i brought over from my mage character..... ooh it's a sexy little weapon...well big weapon really, i love the look of it pity i'm going to use Scythe's later on image (Grim Reaper style) From then on the dmg output was incredible (i think) and i found 2 combat styles i liked and begun to spam numbers.

I'm liking this warrior character, hes got everything i want with the only problem being unlike my mage who takes hardly any damage as hes never in combat the warrior always is and those resting times are simply...painful!

Part2: The priest experience
    The most un used and most wanted character for your group is also the most under rated. Simply a joy to play this character so far i must say. The early levels were once again e-a-s-y as they should be i guess. It turns out the priest isn't one to just sit back and heal everyone, this is a tank. Multiple buff's ranging from str increase, AC increase, resistance increase and huge health increases' can make this character as good as a warrior without the special attack moves. The one thing this class does have over a warrior in combat is it has health regens over time which allow to heal during combat if used correctly, a nice perk i think. My characters only at lvl 12 at the moment so i can't comment on the whole class yet however it's looking good.

The priests combat ability are also and obviously backed by their healing abilities, which at later levels develops into a group 100% hp heal...niiice image however thats a long way off. When the next phase of testing opens and the server is flooded with more people i'll defiantly be playing a priest, It should be very easy to find groups a problem my mage is facing due to lack of people and should therefor be easy to lvl something everyone likes image And if there are no groups it's quite capable to soloing quickly with a few mp potions as healing after combat may take abit out of the character.

The only complain i have is that the orc character which i am using for a Priest, the only female character for the orc's has a clothing problem. AT the start it appears to be wearing some very short shorts and a small top, now don't get me wrong, i've got nothing against it i just find it strange that when i then put on armour this small top turns into a bikini...whats with that? maybe if i took the armour off i could understand but putting armour on = reduction in clothing..... riiiiiight. Well i wonder what will happen with full plate armour? lol

The Conclusion: Priest for me.

Now as for the date on character wipe, nothings been released yet, it'll happen at the next phase of beta...open beta... i've forgotten where i say it but someone mentioned something about us people in it now would have to sign up again and may not get it...and someone replied it's open beta everyone gets in...... i must say that was hilarious image But i suspect it won't be for a long while yet, there have been alot of bugs found so far(good work ppl) and probably alot of bugs to be found yet in higher lvl content, we haven't done any sieges yet image (i can't wait) Also there hasn't been any updates since we got our hands on it so i'd expect a few before open beta. Also i read in a response from the dev team that yes there would be a wipe but they were trying to sort something out(who knows what that could be....but it's got me interested)

Achiever 86% Killer 80% Socializer 20% Explorer 13%

• neschrianeschria Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Re: Priests

I had noticed the clothing reduction myself. I was sort of hoping that it might look a little different when I get another armor upgrade.

I have also really enjoyed playing a priest. Once I got the hang of it, I found that I could solo well, and even defend myself when attacked while grouping. I have gone back and forth a little on where to spend my skill points, since it seems that there are a lot of good choices and not enough points to go around. I guess I just need to level up some more. image

This is where I draw the line: __________________.

Could someone explain some of the priest powers that you get after level 15?  My priest only got up that far and I was wondering what is past that level since I'm always working on my ranger.  Thanks in advance :)

EQ2 Guild Search