Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Healing Revisited

DatawightDatawight Member Posts: 21

Its been brought up before, but wish to revisit it once again.  I was thinking of the whole healing thing and I came up with a idea I'd like to share.

I will say I'm in agreement, I want to stay away from heal spamming and the magical quick fix.  I like the idea of herbalism, surgery, first aid, and trauma first aid being the mainstay.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some higher tech stuff in relation to this as well.  Sorta like a MedBay/Table.  One of those things that needs to be discovered and fixed up though.

Anyways.. what I was thinking is a mutation that allows for healing by causing additional mutation.  Healing is restoring things back to the way they should be.  Mutation based healing would mutation the cells into something else to "fix" them.  You'd be at full health, but may end up with a longish duration mutation effect on you.  This effect could be negative or positive, and varying in power levels by how bad the wounds were.  As time goes by your slowly revert back to normal.

Just a thought on a bored Monday..

Datawight - Speed is Life, Glory a Necessity, Death a Given!

Comments

• sinothsinoth Member Posts: 175
    I like that idea.. just not sure if the changes should be positive/negative, or neutral/negative.  Seems odd for a heal to actually buff you with some positive effect.  Anyone else have some pros/cons on this?

It cool it offers a good alternative to medicine though... herbalism or first-aid would be a slower heal, while this mutation could be a quick (but potentially dangerous) fix.  This idea would work best if we have positional damage, so that if you injure your arm, the corresponding mutation would affect your arm somehow.

http://www.fallenearth.se - Your source for Fallen Earth information

• GrimCreepGrimCreep Member Posts: 121

I think that the idea of mutation could be a good alternative to death penalties if it is done right. I agree also on the negative/neutral side of the scale though, I don't see many bad enjuries out there that actually have a good side effect except for the occasional hey look I can poke a needle in my hand and I don't feel it gag.

What kind of mutation are we talking about here though? Im trying to imagine something like rapid skin growth in the form of a giant tumor. Would defnitely close the wound whilst giving one helluva negative disposition.

Good Idea

Lead with your face and role with the punches.

• maxantomaxanto Member Posts: 778
    I agree with the OP but consider this... People can genetically mutate themselves to have cat's eye's etc... There are many species of animals that can regenerate body parts. I wonder if that may be a possibility as well?