Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Isle of atlantics

I heard this has made the game not as good, but i'am wondering how only been playing the game for like 2 months and i would like to know how it hurt the game.

Comments

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

TOA made the game better for people who bought it. The trial skills you learn make you l33t and awesome in PVP but it gimps you if you don't have it. Look to get it when you are level 41+. The trials can't be done unless you are above lvl 40.

Have fun!

image Sharkface image

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• GorukhaGorukha Member Posts: 1,441
    A friend of mine has it.  From his stories and my interpretations this expansion has really put the NO LIFE on DaoC players foreheads.  Casual gamers should stay away from this one.  DaoC players will soon rival the koreans as far as messed up social life goes. Good , bad, I guess as long as you still have the willpower to leave the computer and run to the bathroom instead of soiling your pants you're ok. :)

It's better be hated for who you are, than loved for who you aren't.

It's better be hated for who you are, than loved for who you aren't.

• MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

LOL Gorukha nice comments.

The Expansion, TOA added a new depth to the existing game of DAOC. Allowing classes in Real v Realm to become more "uber" than they already are. When it first shipped out everyone was exploring what it had to offer. In doing so it killed the RVR aspect of the game for months leaving all the players under 40+ crying because they didn't have "big brother" to unmez or heal their simple minds. Once players experimenting with the TOA Expansion and the "Mastery Level's of Uberness" it offered, realised that after ML5 it was just a pain in the ass, they went back to RVR and the little people rejoiced!. Now with their new uberness beaming from their behinds, they catwalk on into the frontiers like they just got a fresh bikini wax and a manicure. With the addition of new armours skills and items including the new "artifacts" to bolster their egos', TOA is something I would not invest in unless you have a lvl 40+ character and plan on dying a lot only to go to RVR later because your cursing yourself for wasting $29.95. I could have used a better term but being staff, well, ya know i got a rep to keep now. =P

- Malkavian image 

"When you find yourself falling into madness... Dive." - Malkavian Proverb

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"

• UltimaweaponUltimaweapon Member Posts: 30
    So in simple words it's a waste of money

• MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

If your level 40+ and in a really organised guild or have a lot of friends that will help you complete the Mastery Level's and Artifact Quests then No.

I went ahead and bought it just so that incase the ocassion ever arose where i might need to visit TOA, I was able. $29.95 upfront isnt much.

- Malkavian image

"When you find yourself falling into madness... Dive." - Malkavian Proverb

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"