Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Castle Wars

ParaTrooperParaTrooper Member Posts: 1,961
Just seen an announcement pass accross the top of my screen saying "Update: Sign up for Castle Wars is now open"(something like that) and then 5mins later "Update: Sign up for Castle Wars is now closed" again 5mins later "Update: Sign up for Castle Wars is now open" I have yet to see it say it's closed again so maybe it's permenantly open? or they were testing the close? either way any1 know thats with that? i know bout the PvP zone but i got nuttin on Castle Wars other than i guess it invloves a war and a castle image possibly a siege too..... I'd laugh it was something thats open for a short while every day or something... cause it's like 6:30am on the clock here.... nice time for me though image

Lords Of The Mist - A World of Warcraft guild.
http://www.lordsofthemist.com/

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.
-----------------------------------------
ParaTrooper, That guy that used to mod the MMORPG.com forums.

Comments

• MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

!@#$ and I missed it. Damn you Sleep!!!!! image

- Malkavian image

"When you find yourself falling into madness... Dive." - Malkavian Proverb

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"

• ParaTrooperParaTrooper Member Posts: 1,961
    Yes indeed damn sleep... u know u love it :P should have done what i did the other night, not sleep at all, only problem is for any min that day i wasnt concentrating on something i nearly passed out, but i'm back now so tis all good image And as far as i know it's still open... then again i may have missed the msg typing on here image

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.

Let me know Bro.

- Malkavian image

Well i went n had a look, it seems to still be open, however u need to be a knight and have 10mill coins so...... hmmm image

Oh that!!! hehe yeah and just to become a knight is a !@#$ costs you another couple of mill and you have to get these odd ball items aswell...

• darkmandarkman Member UncommonPosts: 767

Yea Malk, after you invited me to the guild, you left and then a couple of minutes later they opened the war :P.

• cedoricedori Member Posts: 500

Son and I went to one the other evening, but when we got there they had to cancele it, ugh.  Oh well, another time and day to try again.

Just seen the msg "Castle wars are about to begin" and something about knights going to the zone for it...i dunno.... interesting though

• YordoYordo Member Posts: 831
    Yes, I tried to do it the other night also when it was cancelled.  Hopefully this time they don't end up messing it up again.  I kind of want to see how they do these :)

::Yordo::
    EQ2 Guild Search
    UXO, Lineage 2, KO, Guild Wars, Dragon Empires, City of Heroes

• BKOOLBKOOL Member Posts: 67

They say on the website that one of this games main features is its large scale wars, which i believe is a whole lot of people fighting eachother.  If this is true and there are a whole lot of people fighting eachother than this is the gamefor me.  Thats what i've wanted ever since i started playing mmorpg's, to battle with at least 50 people on each side at the same time.  If you guys can get into one of these "castle wars" post what it is like.  Thank you in advance.

It'll be a while before that happens, i don't know if they'll let us get to that stage which will take a while or they might (if it's possible?)  change our characters to a certain lvl to test the castle wars system which will need to be done at some stage, but when it happens i'll post something about it for ya image

Achiever 86% Killer 80% Socializer 20% Explorer 13%

• koadminkoadmin Member Posts: 20

Greetings from  the Beach.

As some of you all know, we is all on vacation ( knight-online game masters). I just couldnt resist popping in and checking up on you guys. I have noted your concerns of missing out on the wars. So whenever we are going to open the war, we will post it on the forums 24 hours before hand. That way, everyone would have time to make arrangements. Any other enquiries please be patient and wait for a response on monday. I cant stay long and answer everyone cos the missus is making a fuss :P

Regards

From what i read we needed something in the area of 20mill coins to sign up for the castle wars? Something which i'd have thought no guild at the moment would have, so i don't exactly see how we were going to sign up anyway.

Yes, I saw in-game that it was 20 million coins to get into the castle wars.  The NPC guy who told me was in Moradon.  If that is true...I don't know how anyone could get that much money so quickly...especially since beta is not that far along yet.

EQ2 Guild Search

If i had 20million coins i'd test for bugs on the capes/cloaks image lol. I think just for beta they should reduce the ammount needed so more people can get in and see what it's all about.

I would have to agree with Trooper here - for the purpose of beta, all prices of npc items and functions including but not limited to: forming a guild, castle wars and insane prices on a piece of cloth... er i mean cloak.. so that these areas of the game can be tested by a larger, available audience. 

(i'll pose a direct question regarding this later)

JOIN THE CLOAKS FOR EVERYONE RALLY!

- Malkavian image

I really wanted to try out one of those cloaks....i only need about 19 million more coins :)

I agree with you that the prices should be lowered a bit.  How is the high end content going to be tested if no one can ever get there and try it out?

EQ2 Guild Search

Refer to Knight Online Forum for this topic.

Er nvm, my post screwd up.

- Malkavian image

• cedoricedori Member Posts: 500

LOL, you people are so funny.  While I do agree with most on the funds in KO, perhaps if enough post on the forums they will reduce the cost of things for purpose of testing.  One never knows what the dev's will do.   I'm sure they are going to want everything tested before KO goes live.  Hang in there, the Dev's are listening.

• StijunStijun Member Posts: 100

I think lowering the prices would speed up testing. Only problem I could find with it involved the later game but since the are, resetting all characters for open this should not be a problem. Maybe they should lower them within reach of those with enough determination to get the first 500'000.

Btw I just find it funny when I was my Korean friends play this game. There playing style is so different compared to ours, they don't bother with picking up the gold or even the items unless it has some heavy value, they only take what is needed. It is rather different to me to watch these screens full of items being left alone.