Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So... What's happening to ShadowBane?

BoxtripperBoxtripper Member Posts: 26

If SB just had a little more PvE content/smarter mobs, a vastly better graphics/game engine, no flying creatures, it would be my perfect game. Unfortunately, I am no longer playing due to these issues.

I was hoping for a SB2, or a graphics update. But as I heard, the devs are shutting down? Is the game gonna get shut down then? and there will be no SB2?

Comments

• RattrapRattrap Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,599
    Any news on SB people ?

"Before this battle is over all the world will know that few...stood against many." - King Leonidas

• XpheyelXpheyel Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 704

No one really knows yet. The only things I've heard are that Wolfpack is closing and that SB is (for the time being) free of charge. No one is coming out and saying anything officially. I don't know what if anything has changed since you played.

Whats the problem with being able to be a birdman? I thought that was pretty neat. Not really practical because it uses up stamina pretty fast (at least early on).

• NaturallyNaturally Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Yep Ashen Temper said even they are unsure of the future of SB. They arn't making a SB 2 though because Ashen Temper posted his resume and is/was looking for a new job. Their not a big company or anything, just a small group of people that made an amazing game. Time goes on and who knows why Ubi is pulling the plug...

hack (hak) n., A clever solution to an interesting problem.

• christianc87christianc87 Member Posts: 33
    eh the computers going to be pointless after Sb shuts down...if it does.

Oi?

• Jd1680aJd1680a Member Posts: 398

Originally posted by Naturally
    Yep Ashen Temper said even they are unsure of the future of SB. They arn't making a SB 2 though because Ashen Temper posted his resume and is/was looking for a new job. Their not a big company or anything, just a small group of people that made an amazing game. Time goes on and who knows why Ubi is pulling the plug...

Ubisoft might have plans to make another mmo or might be looking to sign up publishing rights with a development company.  even so its a good move for ubisoft,  shadowbane is coming from an old generation of mmos and we are moving to a new one.  with mmos having fresher graphics and gameplay, it would make more sense to save money by cutting SB off and get another one going.

hopefully what could happen is SB could be bought and someone could get the idea of making SB 2.

Have played: CoH, DDO EQ2, FFXI, L2, HZ, SoR, and WW2 online