Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about the crafting.

duncan_922duncan_922 Member Posts: 1,670
I'm really looking forward to this game, and I am mad to myself for having missed beta.  So I'd like to ask the guys that are in beta, without them breaking NDA of course...  Is the crafting complext or simple?  Any more details would be greatly appreciated (if they are possible)

SOE knows what you like... You don't!
And don't forget... I am forcing you to read this!

Comments

• KanothKanoth RedBedlam Comm. Mgr.Member Posts: 295

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/setview/features/loadFeature/155/gameID/20

The Preview by Ferox talks a great deal about crafting.

"Rome wasn't coded in a day"
    - Kanoth

• duncan_922duncan_922 Member Posts: 1,670

Thank you so much for pointing me towards that!   It looks complex, and that's just the way I like it.  Having been a Weaponsmith on SWG (pre-cu), and a Blacksmith on UO, I'm really looking forward to a complex system like that.  I am sooooo kicking myself right now for having missed beta.

Edit:  I didn't notice that you were the Community Manager for the game.  Very pleased to meet you and hope to see you in the future.

• sempiternalsempiternal Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Complex.  Almost anything within the game can be crafted from bread to buildings.  For starters, look at the list of skills:

http://www.roma-victor.com/game/skills.php

Originally posted by sempiternal

Complex.  Almost anything within the game can be crafted from bread to buildings.  For starters, look at the list of skills:
    http://www.roma-victor.com/game/skills.php

I saw that and it looks great.  I was more concerned with the process of creating stuff.  Do you have to hunt for resources, do the quality of resources matter, is the skill of the crafter of consequence? 

I guess I can't get that much info without someone breaking NDA, so I'm not pressing the matter much.  The article from MMORPG.com gave me some nice info, but it left me craving for more.  Guess I'll just have to wait.

• OrdieOrdie Member Posts: 86
    Have you read the State of the World thread, the other articles/posts/interviews here and in the RV-forums/site yet? :)

- Starcius

• KanothKanoth RedBedlam Comm. Mgr.Member Posts: 295

Yes you need raw materials to make whatever you want to make.  The quality of those materials determins their end product.  If you're putting together a hammer you'd need to find/buy some Iron Ore, smelt it at the furnace with some firewood and time.  Take that lump of raw iron to the forge and equip your hammer mould and tongs (dont forget more firewood).  After that, you've got a hammer head.  Now you need the handle.  Well go find a good stick, or buy one.  Take your knife and carve a notch in the stick and smooth it out into a handle (not that interactive, but you get the idea).  Equip a hammer (thats right, you need one to make one) and find a good workbench to assemble the hammer and handle together.

Everything used in that sequence has an effect on the quality of the end product, as does any skills that were used during the process (much more than you probably think).

"Rome wasn't coded in a day"
    - Kanoth

Originally posted by Kanoth

Yes you need raw materials to make whatever you want to make.  The quality of those materials determins their end product.  If you're putting together a hammer you'd need to find/buy some Iron Ore, smelt it at the furnace with some firewood and time.  Take that lump of raw iron to the forge and equip your hammer mould and tongs (dont forget more firewood).  After that, you've got a hammer head.  Now you need the handle.  Well go find a good stick, or buy one.  Take your knife and carve a notch in the stick and smooth it out into a handle (not that interactive, but you get the idea).  Equip a hammer (thats right, you need one to make one) and find a good workbench to assemble the hammer and handle together.
    Everything used in that sequence has an effect on the quality of the end product, as does any skills that were used during the process (much more than you probably think).

Great stuff...  Can't wait.

Thanks

• goonergooner Member Posts: 13
    OMG this sounds so much like the crafting of SWG (wipes wistful tear. RIP Pre CU SWG). I Love the ideas for combat too. housing in the environment, decent PVP.....

damn me for not managing to get a pre-order  Ego Sum Asinus