Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Suggestions

diaboyosdiaboyos Member Posts: 209
I just installed EQ2 today and played for about 6 hours.  I am enjoying myself so far except for one thing.  Within the first 6 hours the game totally froze up my computer twice forcing me to do a hard reboot.  I've read several threads here about how it takes a top end machine to run properly and even then with video settings not maxxed.  I put the video about mid-range but that didn't help.  I've run many games with video maxxed out with no problems including Call of Duty 2, Battlefield 2, FEAR, WoW, SWG, GW, AA, Quake 4 and others.  I'm finding it hard to believe that it's the video settings.  It shouldn't be my machine either having XP Pro SP2, P4 3.0 HT, 2 gigs 3200 400Mhz RAM, and a Radeon 9800 Pro 256.  I'm starting to lean towards its the programming of the game itself that has errors and nothing on my end.  Anyone have any suggestions about what else I can try to prevent these freezes or to find out what is causing the conflict?

====================
Remember man that passes by,
as you are now so once was I.
And as I am so must you be,
prepare yourself to follow me.

Comments

• diaboyosdiaboyos Member Posts: 209
    After doing more research on their site I see they have issues with ATI video cards with alot of people.  Wish I woulda known this before I bought the game...

====================
    Remember man that passes by,
    as you are now so once was I.
    And as I am so must you be,
    prepare yourself to follow me.

• GGaFxGGaFx Member Posts: 151
    weird cuz i have an ati card as well but i dont crash alot just slows after playing so many hours
    9600 ati

• xminatorxminator Member Posts: 306
    Got a x800xt, no crashing.