Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your least favorite MMO ever.

12345679»

Comments

• XyoojXyooj Member Posts: 2
    I don't have a specific MMO that I don't like. I do have a least favorite TYPE of MMO.
    It's usually by a korean company with loooooooong GRIND for some levels. It's really not that though...
    It's BECAUSE of the option to PAY FOR SOME "SPECIAL" items. They'll usually host the game as FREE then they have some option where you can pay real money to recieve some "SPECIAL" items.
    Example : Scroll of DOUBLE exp | Special UNIQUE gears/equips.
    I just don't like how people can get quite a GOOD advantage over people who don't pay real cash. It takes the fun out. You'll find yourself at the top of the rank list owning people easily and most IMPORTANT!! : MINDLESSY. Just a few clicks and you'll find yourself surrounded by 5 bodies because you ONE hit k.oed them all. There's just no competition and you'll bore your ass off. Only time a person comes on is when they feel like pissing some people off.

Their games usually have some lag issues because of the overcrowd for free gaming. Most of the times you'll encounter kids who ask a ton of questions instead reading things such as their quest logs or their ITEM INFO and their common sense is still not fully developed yet so they're just plain annoying. I know you can slap me now.

I needed to get that off. Comfort me.

• Narc1Narc1 Member Posts: 46

AC 2, wow did they ever mess up with this one. Towns devoid of any NPCs and players, limited amount of classes. Im glad I only played this a couple weeks. I play WoW now but honestly the game gets so boring after a year, I mean how many different things can you do with a different character...I wish someone would release another solid MMO again with low to moderate grindage

• JkMMORPGJkMMORPG Member Posts: 20

Tough question. I haven't played too many majors - I prefer the medium sized games with a good yet suttle community. Not one where every training spot is so packed with morons it's hard to move a braincell none the less your character's progress.. But, let's try these:

Runescape

I cant let runescape go without notice. I played this damn game since I was 8 years old and up to I was 11. After that I got my level EIGHTY EIGHT account jacked from a keylogger and banned for advertising a website. This isn't the end though! After I was banned I forgot my password and found out it WASNT PERMANITE! So I try to get my account back. Try. Try. Try. That's all I could do. THEIR PASSWORD RECOVERY IS THE WORST PEICE OF UTTER SHIT I HAVE EVER BEHOLD IN MY ENTIRE LIFE! Their customer support can wish away your begs for your account's password with a single click. Oh I can remember EVERY PASSWORD before that one, I can remember my adress, but I forgot who my first immaginary friend's LAST name was, and !!OH SNAP!! I cant get my account. 0 Stars. Bastards.

Everquest 2

I was in walmart with my mom looking for a new MMORPG to fill the gaping hole that Runescape left in, and this box with the FAMOUS EverQuest 2 Popped into my eyes. Oh joy!

50 dollars, 50 minutes of instillation, and 20 bucks a month for 2 years (I'll get to that soon) later, and I have a virtual chat room. 6 HOURS later the update bar gets to 99% and stops. Why not ask the friendly people in the chatroom? "OMGZ IT IS A GLITCH LOLZORNESS!"

What? A glitch? I haven't even DOWNLOADED the game and the STUPID THING has fucked up. After THREE DAYS of talking in a chatroom instead of playing a 70 net cost game I manage to get on. CRASHNESS! I needed a new graphic card.

Three hundred dollars later I have my graphic card. I get on. Lag. Lag. Lag. Boredom. Downtime. I give up, and get on MMORPG.com for another free game. My mom catches how I wasn't playing my FOUR HUNDRED AND TWENTY DOLLAR net cost game and then I explain it was near impossible to play with the constant lag. So we try and unsubscribe, doesn't work. We give up and just recently, 2 years later, we decide to go at it. Trying fifty diffrent accounts and bullcrap like that my mom gets pissed off, calls Sony's customer support, and after presenting the credit card number she woulden't cancel our subsribtion, she gets in flames and just roars at the customer support. That worked. Why do we need to yell at people to get an account deleted? -Sigh-

I could go on - but the other games are too small.

Cows

• SmallrabbitSmallrabbit Member Posts: 5

Rising Force Online (RFO)
    Leveling...killing...leveling...killing...boring :'(
    The concept is kinda cool, 3 races, sci-fi, but that's about it...

There a favorites thread?

• EindrachenEindrachen Member Posts: 211

Least favorite?  Hmm.  Guess that goes to WOW.

Basically, everything up to level 60 is pretty okay.  After that, it falls apart.

PVP becomes a "who has the most raid gear" competition.  Skill?  Yeah, whatever.  Skill doesn't give me 100's of extra spell damage.  When the fight boils down to basically being able to see, target, and one- or two-shot a foe (easily macroed anyway), that's not my idea of fun. I kinda like having a good fight with people, and you don't get that unless you got raid gear all the way.

And getting that raid gear?  Months.  Maybe a full year for everything you'll ever want.  In the same, oh, three or four instances, give or take.  Sorry, but if I've got to see the inside of the same instance for the rest of my game time, I'd rather it be a BG where the opponents might slightly alter tactics and behavior.  "Raiding" in WOW is just another word for "group farming".

I won't even bother with the instability of the servers themselves.  Massive downtime, 1-3 hour (or more) queues, and random outages (at critical moments for some players, like during raids and whatnot) are too much.  The TOS and EULA says Blizzard doesn't make promises; I say if I can't play the f***ing game, I shouldn't have to pay for it.

But most of all, I dislike WOW because it was completely falsely advertised.  It was presented as one thing, and up to this point, has been totally changed into exactly what it promised not to be: another EQ clone, with crappy PVP that fails at trying to mimic FPS (like Halo 2 or whatever; when I found out one of the BGs was CTF, I remember thinking then "Oh, God, now they want to be a FPS RPG").

Maybe others like WOW, but I don't.  If that offends you, you shouldn't be reading a thread where people are asked to post their active dislikes of a game and to explain them.

• BoB_thopBoB_thop Member Posts: 39

Hi Everyone

I use to play World Of Warcraft.. 

Don't get me wrong i use to love this game over any game... But after awile many lvls up it just got old!    To go PVP to just kill someone over and over and take there flag just got old!  

I want a Game were you take there Land, there Forts.. Something to fight over is what im looking for in a game.. 

I did like Fishing and the Weather effects... and having a Chicken follow me around was fun..Geting Drunk too...  weeee   Hick!

If they set up were we could Take there Forts, there Land and own there Towns we have something to fight over!  You see people coming if there was a Report there town was under fire and was going to be owned by some Hordes... hehe

Song plays... Burning down the house...   

But to just kill NPCs and the same people over and over to just get Honor points is not for me..

I just Left it cause i wanted something to Kill and Die for and WoW don't have that.

I like to fight for Honor and what is that when you only get a flag 3 times and start all over?

It's a mini game inside a game...?!? Yeeks

If you take something by Force it sould be yours till they take it back!   Right???

Make a Game were you cut off there body parts after they die and craft that part to your armor... Mahaha    Everyone has there very own war dance and sounds...

Lord if i only could make a game... It be insane blood and a living hell!    You could Trash every city and have NPCs rebuild it back up..  Get married to a NPC and own your own Home.. Even the mobs would think like people...  2 sides fighting for land and Leaders fighting for there ranks to set up there towns..

For anyone that has Played Black and White to have there pet poop and kill homes from it was a Cool effect,  but that damn Chicken was so Stupid it eat the Lions Turds was more then i could handle...  Rofl   Got Bord and Burn down everyones home.... Nothing like seeing them all on fire...

Im sure they were happy when i use the water spell to put out the fire!

The Black and White 2     Mabe would have been fun if that was a MMORPG!    Sometimes Free is good... but if it sucks its not worth my Free Time...  Time is somthing you never get back..

When i pay a Fee to play online i wont stay in a game that has lost its fun for me..

But you never see me bash a game..  To everyone find what you like,,, Just wish they listen to the gamers we know  what we want in games..

Hands eveyone a Beer.... and yes i loved being Drunk in the game... Super effect!

God I miss Earth @ Beyond...   It could have been Good... But Damn EA Kill that game !

My 2 Cents,

Cheers...

• protorocprotoroc Member Posts: 1,042

Originally posted by Samuraisword

EQ2
    The current game doesn't resemble what was released or what was originally promised. Investing time in playing a SOE game is a crapshoot. You never know what yo will end up with and wether you find you wasted time building a character only to have everything change on you.

thats the whole reason I stopped playing EQ2. Not even 4 months into launch they change the only thing i enjoyed doing in the game, tradeskilling

Im going to go with FFXI....ok i used to be a japanophile BEFORE i played FFXI. now i want nothing to do with that jerkoff country and hope china one days gets their revenge for the japanese occupation of china. Gring grind grind do some AF quests grind grind grind. None of the local population would help any NA (and if they did you know its just the guys that all the rest of the JP hated) Hell 75% of the NAs wouldnt help either. Pick the wrong class, good luck finding a team, it once took me 3 weeks to find a team for an AF quest that only required me and group to goto place, i spawn mob, we kill, 15 mins total and it took 3 weeks to find team WTF. The economy sucked, it was hard to make money unless you were a specific class or happened to get lucky and catch a JP farmer snoozing on a NM and get its drop

OOOO 420th post!!!
  • HersaintHersaint Member UncommonPosts: 366

Originally posted by protoroc

Originally posted by Samuraisword
    EQ2
    The current game doesn't resemble what was released or what was originally promised. Investing time in playing a SOE game is a crapshoot. You never know what yo will end up with and wether you find you wasted time building a character only to have everything change on you.
    thats the whole reason I stopped playing EQ2. Not even 4 months into launch they change the only thing i enjoyed doing in the game, tradeskillingIm going to go with FFXI....ok i used to be a japanophile BEFORE i played FFXI. now i want nothing to do with that jerkoff country and hope china one days gets their revenge for the japanese occupation of china. Gring grind grind do some AF quests grind grind grind. None of the local population would help any NA (and if they did you know its just the guys that all the rest of the JP hated) Hell 75% of the NAs wouldnt help either. Pick the wrong class, good luck finding a team, it once took me 3 weeks to find a team for an AF quest that only required me and group to goto place, i spawn mob, we kill, 15 mins total and it took 3 weeks to find team WTF. The economy sucked, it was hard to make money unless you were a specific class or happened to get lucky and catch a JP farmer snoozing on a NM and get its dropOOOO 420th post!!!

lol I thought you were describing Lineage. That was my experience with lineage 2. Was it the worst game ever, proabbably not, but it disappointed me the most and the fastest with the grind and the farmers.
    ::::16::

• YarosYaros Member Posts: 280
    From games I played (UO, EQ, DAoC, SWG, EVE) the worst was EQ (mindless grind with no endgame, bad customer support, huge downtimes). Close next: SWG - I was beta tester and left 2 months after release due to HUGE bugs and no customer support, sadly this game had potential. Now I still play DAoC waiting for W.A.R.

• Rock_RardRock_Rard Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Almost every cookie cutter korean MMO out there, with no content and just a grind fest.... Grrr!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I have tried so many it's really hard to remember one sticking out as the worst.I kinda remember trying planetside thinking it was such total crap i removed it from my hd the same day.I also remember hearing some people saying RYZOM was good ,so i loaded it up.The interface and initial image it gave me was again total crap and removed it from my HD.I have seen several poor games but none really standout as something i would drive my car over.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• chadbo19chadbo19 Member Posts: 1
    I would have to say the worst mmo i've ever played was Matrix Online. That game just failed to captivate me and just wasn't what I was expecting.

blah

• DrachonisDrachonis Member Posts: 183
    Mmog's Played : EQ, EQ2, DAoC, GW, CoV/CoH, DDO, SoR, AC, EVE, SB, FFXI, WOW, AA

The worst MMOG:

DDO... it amazing that a company thinks they can slap a brand name on a title and try and attrack a playerbase with a shody, shallow, and compleatley instanced world.  What absolute bs let me tell you.

Honorable Stinkers:  EVE... Don't really know why so many peeps like this game.  I got bord like the rest w/o being able to actively increase your leveling progress by extended gaming, and by the mindless afk needed to jump systems and mine the potatoes

Favorite MMOG:

Just thought I would mention my favorite out of all of em.  As a fan of  Final Fantasy since FF II, I got hooked on FFXI.  FFXI definetly is a hard game to approach, but once you get into the game it does offer a lot content, albeit hard and expensive and requiring 15 or more peeps sometimes, that I have not seen in other games.  To bad the economy was already cornered in Japan since it was released there a year before it came stateside.

Also, I do like WOW, it really is a decent game, and certainly a thousand times better than any bs that has come out lately.   To bad at its core it really a shallow EQ clone with grindy PvP elements added.  I always did like the scripted instances though, especially the Raiders of the Lost Ark like boss in ULD

• zunarnzunarn Member CommonPosts: 97

I have tried Shadowbane, SWG, EQ, EQ2, DAoC, CoH, CoV, GW, Eve, DDO, MxO and WoW.

I think my least favorite now is SWG and thats because of SOE's screw up called the NGE. Nothing beats GW in my book cause of the no monthly fee and still deliver a great game. I still play WoW but it gets boring after a while. You do the same dungeons over and over again to get a tier 1 or epic armor that most everyone in your class have already. lol

• arnenarnen Member UncommonPosts: 39

im gonna have to say gw b/c it wasnt really an mmo. monthly fee or no monthly fee, i'd rather play something else. no crafting, boring quests, boring character models and boring combat. nuff said get eq2

• naldricnaldric Member UncommonPosts: 909

Originally posted by arnen

im gonna have to say gw b/c it wasnt really an mmo.

that's like the lamest reason to vote for it   , i agree with the other reasons u said, but ur first sentence wasnt very fortunate  
  • MornebladeMorneblade Member UncommonPosts: 272
    EQ (Pre-Velious). Most boring combat ever. Biggest grindfest ever. Worst CS I can remeber. Corpse runs. Loosing levels. Over and over again. Satanic Devs. 'Sabout it....

• KarrlasKarrlas Member Posts: 2
    SWG.......the box looked god, the screenies looked good.  The game...........what a shame. 

• JMoney95JMoney95 Member Posts: 211

Originally posted by Neurox1

i have changed my opinion ...
    it used to be SWG ...

but now my least favorite is Vanguard: saga of heros .. for selling out to SOE ... me and many like me planned to go to VOH to escape SOE and forget about our horrible past experiences with em ...
    and now BRAD & company sell out ... yet again (eq1 anyone?)

He said worst MMO, not worst company, an MMO can't sell itself out. Learn2belessofadramaqueen.

Worst MMO is Knight Online. Thread... over.

• MaverynthiaMaverynthia Member UncommonPosts: 55
    WoW:

How many damn fetch quests must you go on before the game becomes fun...easy.. 999999999999999

I wish is had a better storyline, less fetch quests and more content to do...

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092
    WoW. I don't get why so many people like it. That makes me hate it even more. What is so fun about raiding in a PvP game? Why is a PvP game so item centric? Its either WoW or EQ. Cause I really don't get what's so fun about raiding.