Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The good the bad and the ugly

rdrpappyrdrpappy Member Posts: 325

Shadowbane gave me many fun encounters online and yes a few not so fun impressions.

The game has had its share of issues release not withstanding, but there are some ellements I really think Wolfpack was just nailing.

Character creation from a custom appearence stand point is lacking, but anyone who has played the game has a note pad filled with short hand like dex, con and int.

Those folks have sat there with pen in hand flipping through multiple browsers hammering out the ideas of near infinate character creation as it relates to combat, siege warfare, mine defense, leveling and so on.

My strength based human, pole arm, warrior, wearwolf stands as a testiment to these efforts......huh? you say, yep says I, a big heavily armored werewolf with a 2 handed slashing weapon for the sometimes win.

Most games you are a warrior lets say and then at level 10, 20,  you become the blank warrior and so on, Shadowbane has more character depth in this area then anyone else and you could always feel truely unique if you chose to.

Alas the game is and always has been rife with the kind of online element that drives people away from a game in droves and I believe that is part of what has always been the lid keeping Shadowbane from coming to a boil.

Maybe the future will bring these same good ellements back in a new game with some true adventuring for groups in bigger and better environments.

To the developement community and Wolfpack/UBI I say player combat is great, but you still have alot to learn about getting rid of the garbage that goes with it, it's cool to talk tough about perma death and unlimited pvp in all four letter words but not if no one else wants to pay to play.