Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Game/On: April Finale

DanaDana Member Posts: 2,415

To conclude our April podcast series, we bring you the big show. This week, Jon and Mike debate the hot topics of the MMO genre, while Dana interviews Shadowbane Community Manager Sean Dahlberg about his memories of the game, its future and much more.

You can listen to the full podcast here.

Dana Massey
Formerly of MMORPG.com
Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

Comments

• DarthMurdockDarthMurdock Member Posts: 16

This is a relpy on your dissusion about your "spectator videogames".

I live in the Netherlands, and once a year the national tv-music station, has a game month with, afternoons a gameing dissusion and they invite players to come in the show and play the game online and on national tv (with professional commantary). They done that for 3/4 years now and each year they get more viewers and players. They even are talking about doing it more than once a year.
    And there is a online radio channel, which has monday's a tournament night, and there are more and more players who listen and playing with them.

So i think it will become a populair item, and i even think in the future there will be a tv station who will show it once a week, discussing between fights etc.

Good luck with the show.

• AtrayoAtrayo Member UncommonPosts: 64

What Jon was trying to recall from G4 TV was Arena Net where there's 2 or more show commentators. When G4 launched a couple of years ago one of the original "Arena Net" commentators. Was Wil Wheaton of Star Trek: The Next Generation fame. This is a 30 minute show with a tournament of FPS squads in a converted movie theater i believe?

Step into the Arena and prepare to battle! This fast-paced action gaming show focuses on the world of the multi-player, and what it takes to slug it out as two teams fight to the virtual death for bragging rights in some of the most popular action video games on the market. Two teams enter, one team leaves victorious! Hosts Lee Reherman and Kevin Pereira are your guides to this knockdown drag-out LANfest.

The host commentator of "Lee Reherman" was one of those muscle guys from a TV Show on ABC as an aheletic obstacle course from back in the 1980's.

----------------------
    The Older Gamers