Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth giving this game a shot?

I'am wondering about testing out this game, but i'am not totally sure.

So i'am asking you, what do you think about this game? is it worth giving the game a try?
How is the population, in both US and europe?
And if you could compare this game to another mmorpg, what would it be and why?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• ::blank::::blank:: Member Posts: 154

For a short answer..play this game

As far as why, It is really fun.. You will need to join a guild to have alot of  fun. The class system is awesome. There are sieges and clans can declare wars on other guilds. There is crafting,fishing,dungeons to go through.. There is some grinding..but i have fun the whole time playing. Open pvp makes it very interesting. You realy just have to play to see what i mean.

Population~ the euro sever is High pretty much all the time.. Bartz is the biggest american sever and its high most the time as well. others are high to medium and there is one that is medium to low. I play on bartz and if you need a guild you can join the one im a part of.. there is alot of low and high levels. Having alot of low levels is good cause it gives you people to play with. We are mostly humans..but that is just cause location.

In comparison to other mmos

compared to wow.. this game has lasting power.. there is so much more to do in this game. If you max out at 78..which takes awhile you can subclass and max out another class. im not sure on all this cause im just 18. There is alot of cool bosses that you have to group to kill and get good loot.

for more info read these topics..the first is when i thought about playing.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/75165

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/75581

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180

I just came back and it is AMAZING!!

I am so glad I came back.

The grind is a bit over but it is worth it! Try it out, you may like it.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• felix77felix77 Member Posts: 84

A bit of advice. Don't play a melee class. In C5 melees will be getting a boost in PVP but they level much slower/boring. I play a Warcryer wich is a buffer with casting and melee abilities.

I have full buffs and nukers out level me fast. Archers are awsome levelers as well. Bolth are best at PVP and PVE.

I suggest you never play a gladiator. You may think dual swords are cool but glads can't solo very well and there weak to magic and too slow to catch archers. If you want to use duals go BladeDancer. Valuable buffers and some limited cast help in PVP.

• ArthioseArthiose Member Posts: 1
    Without a doubt Lineage II is the best MMORPG out there. Many different unique and fun classes to play. Weather you wanna use a bow, a sword, 2 swords, or shoot crazy magic, you are going to have fun in this game, trust me. I have been playing since open beta, and there is never a dull moment

• mcos7562mcos7562 Member Posts: 12

Without a doubt Lineage 2 is a great game. But the game has almost reached Chronicle Five and by this stage in the game any new comers are going to be entering to late.

It would be better to wait for a new or upcoming MMORPG instead of settling for L2. Dont get me wrong, I play L2 but only because I have been there since the beginning, Ive seen a lot of new gamers get left behind and they never get the full L2 experience.

Originally posted by mcos7562

Without a doubt Lineage 2 is a great game. But the game has almost reached Chronicle Five and by this stage in the game any new comers are going to be entering to late.
    It would be better to wait for a new or upcoming MMORPG instead of settling for L2. Dont get me wrong, I play L2 but only because I have been there since the beginning, Ive seen a lot of new gamers get left behind and they never get the full L2 experience.

disreguard everything this person says.. except for when he says l2 is a great game.

they will open new servers..the game will be going to c12..so saying cause its c4 you cant join in is a stupid and thoughtless statement.

• Lem3ntLem3nt Member UncommonPosts: 5

Originally posted by mcos7562

Thats Why the past 2 chronicles have buffed up newbie lvling right? And thats why Chronicle 5 puts some great mid lvl content into the game?

Play it try  it out for yourself, you won't be dissapointed.

Blarg.

I dont want you to think that you cant have fun now that its at c4,

The first charecter you make can go to the newbie guide for magic help and he will give you buffs that will help you. You can get these buffs until level 25. This helps alot. I have been playing a week and i am level 30. I have had ALOT of fun. There is alot more to come in l2.. 8 more expansions (which are free) So there is plenty of time to jump in and join the fun.. and with each chronicle they make it more enjoyable and easier for lower levels to have fun ie. C5 will have Clan academies..which will give clans a reason to have lower levels in their roster...

• docminusdocminus Member Posts: 717
    i might be giving it a shot since i have been playing it on a private server with like 35x xp & adena, then u really can't complain about grind. the only thing i don't like is that some areas are so vast & empty, boring actually. on the other hand, l2 doesn't need an uber-machine (well, wow doesn't either). the only reason i haven't tried the "true" l2 is the grinding part so far....
    it is obviously a korean mmo, from the playstyle. if u find private servers ethically & legally problematic, then try e.g. Silkroad Online, since it is for free - not that it is comparable to L2, just the basic game style (click to move, not using keyboard, interface setup, grinding...). even Rose is similar in a way for that matter (it's got a 7 day free trial, but there u have to like chilidish nintendo anime graphics - but even here, korean style, interface, walking, attacking, etc similar concepts). this is just to mention to get a feel for the playstyle - when it comes to classes, monsters, community, u can't compare these of course, so don't get me wrong here.

imageimage