Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone got any Good Alb Paladin Templates?

EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Since the release of the 1.83 patch, I see some major classes got love. All my points were reseted due to this patch.

I am currently using a Paladin at Level 44 and was wondering if anyone had any good templates or weblinks to the new Paladin Templates?

Currently my old template consisted of 1H/Shield with a Max in Enchants and dumped alot of points in 1H. Had some points spec'd in Parry and Shield as well.

Thanks if you can Help Me!

Comments

• MaxziusMaxzius Member UncommonPosts: 248
    The way your question is worded I'm going to assume that you are actually asking about spec (where you spend your training points) and not template (what items you should wear).

At 44.5th level your spec will really depend upon what you want to "look" like at 50th.  Without getting into too much detail on these forums you will definately want 44 chants for the red celerity and then the rest in crush/shield.  I would suggest either:

44 chants                           44 chants                           44 chants
    23 crush            or             42 crush            or             38 crush
    42 shield                            23 shield                            29 shield

It will all depend upon if you want slam (42 shield) or want to be more offensive right now.

I will also suggest checking out the catacombs Pally forums here (my pally advice is more in-depth here): http://daoc.catacombs.com/forum.cfm?forum=8

and also checking the pally boards on http://www.drunkenfriar.com

=====================
    -Just My Thoughts-
    Max

Currently playing: Nothing

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Thanks Max!

Any reason you went crush instead of 1H Slash or 2Hander?

• MaxziusMaxzius Member UncommonPosts: 248
    I probably should have gotten a little more detailed  ;)

I went crush because, since you put 1h weapon instead of slash in your original question, I assumed that you were autotraining slash to 48.  Probably a mistake on my part, and one that may have led to others.  I also assumed that since you were autotraining slash you would be respecing out of crush and into slash at 48th level, which is why the weapon specs are "off" (ie not 29-34-39-44).

Anyway, I highly recommend going 2hand at 50th if you plan on RvR.

My spec is a hybrid spec that works well for me as it allows me to both PvE and RvR with great results no matter what I am doing.

44 2hand
    46 chants (I don't recommend going over 44 for pure RvR Pally)
    34 slash (50 composite spec at RR6 and befudler in PvE)
    23 shield (for PvE tanking and archers/guarding in RvR)
    19 parry (decent for solo RvR and helps my defense alot in PvE)

=====================
    -Just My Thoughts-
    Max

Currently playing: Nothing

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    thanks max! once again